See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 11, 2016

The location is somewhat convenient, close to Jiuyanqiao bar street and not far from Shangri-La and Lan Kwai Fong Chengdu. The small suite I stayed was nicely furnished and clean. The electric blinds are convenient as well and the floor heating maybe useful during cold days. If there is shaver/hairdryer socket in the bathroom will be greatly appreciated. Overall, the room was good. The rooftop area that open to guests is a really nice feature as the view there is pretty, especially at night. The worst thing I encountered was that the only espresso machine, which located in the breakfast area, was down and we couldn't enjoy any free coffee that provides to guests. Another thing was that our laundry couldn't return in the same day even though it was sent in the morning. By the way, the ladies at the breakfast kitchen are not used to do scramble egg or they don't know at all. Besides these minor things, I think the service quality and attitude of the front desk staff should have room to improve. Basically, it's a good hotel with a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2016

We loved that its located near a street full of bars. Comfortable beds and great staffs too. Though breakfast could be better, food quality there's not much to complain about too. The panda mascot walking around is a nice touch!

The metro is at walking distance (about 15 minutes). Bus station to tourist attractions is nearby too (took the bus to Leshan and its about 15 minutes walk from hotel too).

Only drawback is that many taxi drivers doesn't seem to know the location of the hotel and during the night can get a little noisy from the streets of bars.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2015

The place looks good online, but there are problems. The wi-fi is terrible. the internet goes in and out all day long. we spent two nights before Chengdu 11 hours away in the mountains of Garze province, and had internet five times faster and 100 percent reliable. didn't drop us in two days, so it's not a "China" issue -- it's this hotel's issue. on the booking dot com site for this hotel, it says it has international news channels like the BBC and NHK. it does NOT have these channels. it has the standard array of CCTV channels. that they would just lie about something like that, i find quite shocking. the breakfast is also quite grim. very little choice. most everything is cold, including the fried eggs. the staff is eager, but needs some training. our first night there, after 11 hours on a bus, my girlfriend and i sat down to dinner at about 6:00 -- a reasonable time to expect dinner to be served. but they had almost nothing on the menu -- we could order only the stuff on the first page. so my girlfriend, a vegetarian, ordered teh only thing she could -- the cheese pizza. after they served me my food, they told us, "oh, sorry---we don't have the cheese pizza." half an hour after we ordered and as they served me my dinner, they realized they didn't have what my girlfriend ordered. completely ridiculous incompetence. finally, it is crazy noisy at night. There is a huge street of bars directly behind the hotel, many of which feature live music. There also seem to be several karoake bars next door. and one more issue -- the bathroom design in the suite at least is such that it is not possible for someone to take a shower in private. the doors to the bathroom area are glass, as is the shower door. so unless you are traveling with someone who you don't mind observing you shower, don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tbkisi
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had to make a hastily planned stop in Chengdu, and poring through the reviews, I decided to give the H Hotel Riverside a try. Stayed for three nights and was very satisfied with my choice of hotel. The room itself was not large, but never felt 'too small' for one (large) person. The room was very thoughtfully designed to make maximum use of space, and it worked well. The breakfast selection was modest, but the food quality was good, and the coffee was excellent by any standard. Very pleasant staff, and most spoke English (I did not talk with the roving panda). Once the blazing sun goes down, Chengdu is a nice town, and there were some nice places in the vicinity of the hotel. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank saverycreek
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Funky looking hotel with a real emphasis on design and layout that makes great use of a limited footprint both overall and in rooms. Double room was bright, very clean and comfortable. Really appreciated the aesthetic throughout, as well as funny touches like someone in a giant panda suit roaming the lobby in the morning, mute but friendly!
I didn't experience any construction noise, though there is a building next door which is half completed, and there was some noise from bars nearby. Location is ok - quiet-ish area by the river, short walk to stores, banks, and the Veranda restaurant as well as one of the main ring roads. Staff were mixed - English was a bit of a barrier, and some desk staff were borderline surly. Wifi a bit spotty as well but there were desktops by the lobby for guest use which had a tethered connection.
For the price and design, would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo