All reviews meeting room chengdu city ihg hotels pizza hut chunxi road breakfast buffet shopping street platinum member rooms are small spent two nights laundry service location is excellent nice room language barrier tianfu square chinese restaurant the club lounge
Reviewed August 18, 2018

This is the best hotel I've stayed at among several in Sichuan Province. The hotel is in very good condition and very well maintained. The hotel's location is central and is just a few meters from the shopping street Chunxi Road. The best thing about the hotel is their service. Absolutely world class service.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Dear Mr. Weng

Delighted to read your positive review concerning your recent stay at the hotel.
I am very pleased you enjoyed the service from our team and this combined with the location and good condition made for a very enjoyable stay in Sichuan for you.
I do hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Chengdu.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I was checked in April 2018, we like to try a different hotel in Chengdu as we just moved around and looking for a good accommodation for our friends who would like to come next time. We found Crowne PLaza was a quite tired hotel, it is a business hotel, however, the location is really good, near to the subway and near other interesting places that the tourist should visit. The staffs are nice, however, they dont speak much English, my husband was not able to speak Chinese and called Room Service, he said has to be transferred for more than 3 times as none of them speak English. They need to have someone at the Room Service who is able to speak English otherwise, it will waste our time. The rest are just fine. We love it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear FannyLiTao

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay with your husband in April this year. I certainly noted your comment concerning the language ability for our Room Service and I will follow up with our Guest Services on this point.
I am glad you enjoyed our location and overall stay and hope we can welcome your friends to Chengdu next time.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Crowne Plazas are usually top-notch places to stay. But not this one. I was very let down with my two-night stay at this hotel.

Very low quality breakfast with sub-par selection spread. Coffee automat empty.

Room is old and worn down. Full amenities available, but overall condition of furniture and room is poor.

Check-in and check-out were painfully slow.

Even the umbrellas had holes in them.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Finrexin

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent two night stay at the hotel. I was sorry to read your feedback concerning the older condition of your room. We will be continuing our refurbishment in August of this year.
I noted that one of the coffee machines we use in the breakfast venue needed to be refilled and am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast.
I do hope we might have another opportunity to regain your goodwill with a faster check in and check out plus one of our more recent decorated rooms.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

It was my first hotel in china and I didn't knew what to expect really. I was very pleasantly surprised and later learned that it is a very good one. Although, the room aren't as luxurious as in some other hotels, the service is great (even at 3 am they worked to solve a bed arrangement that was wrong), the breakfast offers a very wide variety of local and internationals meals and the location is very convenient. I would go again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear Guillaume M

Thank you very much for your feedback and I was very pleased that our hotel was your first hotel in China. I am pleased that at 3am we were able to welcome you and arrange the correct bed type and I am glad you enjoyed the wide variety of dishes at our breakfast.
I do hope we can welcome you back again to Chengdu and ensure you have another great stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Hotel is massive, however rooms, bathrooms are tired, in dire need of an upgrade, service was ok for front desk and concierge, bar was so outdated and service so so. Location is however right down town. I would not stay here again

Stayed: June 2018
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear Deepsapphyr

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay at the hotel.
I have certainly noted your comments concerning the need for an upgrade. This is being carried out and our next phase is due by the middle of August this year.
Our location continues to be very good for downtown Chengdu and I do hope we might have another opportunity to regain your goodwill to stay with us again.