All reviews chengdu city chunxi road pizza hut meeting room ihg hotels breakfast buffet business trip shopping street rooms are small the location is perfect platinum member spent two nights bit dated laundry service nice room tianfu square business hotel
Reviewed August 18, 2018

This is the best hotel I've stayed at among several in Sichuan Province. The hotel is in very good condition and very well maintained. The hotel's location is central and is just a few meters from the shopping street Chunxi Road. The best thing about the hotel is their service. Absolutely world class service.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Dear Mr. Weng

Delighted to read your positive review concerning your recent stay at the hotel.
I am very pleased you enjoyed the service from our team and this combined with the location and good condition made for a very enjoyable stay in Sichuan for you.
I do hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Chengdu.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I was checked in April 2018, we like to try a different hotel in Chengdu as we just moved around and looking for a good accommodation for our friends who would like to come next time. We found Crowne PLaza was a quite tired hotel, it is a business hotel, however, the location is really good, near to the subway and near other interesting places that the tourist should visit. The staffs are nice, however, they dont speak much English, my husband was not able to speak Chinese and called Room Service, he said has to be transferred for more than 3 times as none of them speak English. They need to have someone at the Room Service who is able to speak English otherwise, it will waste our time. The rest are just fine. We love it.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear FannyLiTao

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay with your husband in April this year. I certainly noted your comment concerning the language ability for our Room Service and I will follow up with our Guest Services on this point.
I am glad you enjoyed our location and overall stay and hope we can welcome your friends to Chengdu next time.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

It was my first hotel in china and I didn't knew what to expect really. I was very pleasantly surprised and later learned that it is a very good one. Although, the room aren't as luxurious as in some other hotels, the service is great (even at 3 am they worked to solve a bed arrangement that was wrong), the breakfast offers a very wide variety of local and internationals meals and the location is very convenient. I would go again!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear Guillaume M

Thank you very much for your feedback and I was very pleased that our hotel was your first hotel in China. I am pleased that at 3am we were able to welcome you and arrange the correct bed type and I am glad you enjoyed the wide variety of dishes at our breakfast.
I do hope we can welcome you back again to Chengdu and ensure you have another great stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Hotel is massive, however rooms, bathrooms are tired, in dire need of an upgrade, service was ok for front desk and concierge, bar was so outdated and service so so. Location is however right down town. I would not stay here again

Date of stay: June 2018
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear Deepsapphyr

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay at the hotel.
I have certainly noted your comments concerning the need for an upgrade. This is being carried out and our next phase is due by the middle of August this year.
Our location continues to be very good for downtown Chengdu and I do hope we might have another opportunity to regain your goodwill to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

I have stayed in many branded hotels in Asia. I come to Chengdu every year at least once, for work or leisure. In every visit, I will always stay in Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center. Before every Chengdu trip, I will always remind myself that I should book a different hotel as there are many comparable luxury local and international hotels in Chengdu city center. But I always ended up booking Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center. I stayed in this hotel twice last year in late July and late December. This is the aura of Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center that is my favourite hotel in China:

1. Consistent Excellent and Reliable Service: This has to be the most important reason why I choose Crowne Plaza City Center every year. The staff goes an extra mile to make my day. This is consistent for every visit I had the last 3 years. Special praise goes to 5 groups of people. The first group is the chambermaids who clean my room every day. They will immediately greet me with a smile no matter how busy they are. I use the laundry service a lot, the response time by the staff is quick. They will always come to my room within 10 mins to collect the laundry. They are actually the most important group of people I make my day. The second group are the bellhops, who are always courteous when they open the door for guests. On my last day checkout around 9pm at night in December, it was around 5 degrees and I noticed there were no cabs outside the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised one bellhop went all the way to the main road to hail a cab then directed the cab to my lobby, and helped with the luggage. Most bellhops will have just waited for the cab at the lobby to come. I will be understanding and will not mind waiting too as that night was colder than usual. But the extra mile he went by placing the guest before himself is highly commendable. The 3rd group are the staff who do event management. We have worked with them for 3 years. They are always punctual and highly accommodative to any last minute requests we have, example being quick on their feet in suggesting different rooms when we voice some limitations with the earlier room and very quick in moving everything from that previous room we prepared to the new room. Preparing a signage in the lobby a day earlier clearly makes our day too in terms of convenience. This consistency in their service over 3 years is definitely a big plus. The 4th group are the staff who manage the lounge on the 25th floor. The lounge is the gem and a place I hang out every night to order drinks and read books when admiring the scenery. The male staff manning the lounge makes an effort to know what drinks I might want (cause he remembered what I ordered last night). So good service does help. The last person is the General Manager Mr William Hall. I wrote 2 long reviews previously and I noticed he does make an effort to reply and address any of the gaps I mention in each review, like the pimps outside who disappeared after I wrote on the first year, to the service in many aspects. I keep a lookout for him when I visit the hotel as he is like a mystery pen pal who replies my tripadvisor reviews. Only saw him twice at the lobby but he was busy, so I had no chance to thank him. Just want to say I am very appreciative of him acting on the things I wrote and writing individualised replies for every reviewer. This personal touch is one reason why I strongly recommend this hotel too and always keep a lookout for IHG hotels when I am overseas.

2. The location: It is near every type of mall and food you can probably ask for. There is a Starbucks next to the hotel which is my morning pilgrimage for nice coffee. There are another 2 more Starbucks, Macdonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut all within 5 to 7 minutes leisure walk. There are also big malls like IFS and Taikoo Li where you can find good local, western and Japanese food. There is also a Applestore located at Taikoo Li, just 20 mins walk from the hotel. Train subway services are also located with 15 minute’s walk around the malls. Good location without the need to take additional transport is a big plus because retail and food therapy is often the best relaxation after a long day of work.

3. The 3rd area are the facilities. The hotel may not be as new as some of the more recently built ones. But everything works and is consistently reliable. The heater works well in the room and the hot shower heats up very fast. These are big plus as the temperature in late December can be as low as low single digits in the evening and early morning. The shower that heats up quickly is one of the most under mentioned joy of this hotel, something I really like after a long day of sightseeing or work. The room also have many international cable channels like HBO and CNN. Feels like home. Also need to give special mention to the 25th storey lounge. Scenery is beautiful, especially at night. That is a must visit for any hotel guest. It is my favourite place every evening to bring books to read and face the scenery.

4. Lastly, the food in the hotel is of good standard too. The Chinese restaurant has 2 delicious dishes I highly recommend: the red bean paste pie and the prawn vermicelli. When I think of good food in Chengdu, these 2 dishes in Crowne Plaza are definitely on my list (though I wish they make the décor of Chinese restaurant more ambient lighting rather to look more inviting). The western food on the 25th floor is also delicious (especially the beef) and great scenery too. Lastly, the level 1 lounge is inviting place too with good service. You can request to sit next to the giant huge stuff panda when you are alone for a drink. Interesting item to have in a lounge to make the lounge more warm and calming. The level 1 lounge is highly recommended place to visit during summer as they serve interesting ice cream with nice toppings. I had one scoop of ice cream with a panda sweet topping during my July visit. Enjoyed that extra decor.

In conclusion, when I think of Chengdu, I think of Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center. It does everything well and exceeds in many areas too. It is my favourite hotel in China. Do continue to keep the hotel exciting for returning guests and going an extra mile for us too. Keep up the good work.

Room tip: High floor in quieter against the morning traffic as the hotel is at city area.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear JonasCN

A huge thank you for your very detailed feedback concerning your stays with us. I am delighted to read that we are your favourite hotel in China and indeed I certainly agree that it is the team that goes that extra mile to ensure our guests receive consistent, excellent and reliable service.
I will certainly cascade your feedback to our various sections from Laundry to Bellboys and Meeting Services to Outlets and so on. This does encourage us even more and everyone will be very proud of the positive comments you made.
I do hope I can meet up with you on your next visit to Chengdu to ensure a face can be put to the mystery pen pal you mention!
Chengdu is a very fast changing city and I am very glad that you find our hotel to be an oasis for you when you are here in the city.
Again thank you for your feedback and we all look forward to extending a warm welcome to you on your next visit.