1,026 results
All reviews the club lounge flair bar guest recognition ladies and gentlemen club manager exceptional hotel nespresso machine best hotel i have ever stayed chinese restaurant four seasons the general manager luxury hotel beautiful hotel little touches star service housekeeping staff room upgrade
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Don't spend your time or money here.

We tossed up between JW Marriott, St Regis and the RItz Carlton Chengdu. We went with the Ritz due to the reviews on Trip Advisor, and also we had never stayed at a Ritz before. We certainly regret it.

For the price we paid, we have been extremely disappointed. We have stayed in many luxury hotel brands, including Intercontinental, Sofitel, Gran Melia, Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental, so we are not new to high end brands and are not shy of spending when it comes to special occasions (it was our first year wedding anniversary). So therefore, when we do decide to spend the money, we expect the service to be in line with the (significantly) extra money we spend - otherwise, what justification is there for the premium price tag?!

Pros: The room we had in the Ritz Carlton Chengdu was lovely (all club rooms on 38, 39 and 40). The location is decent, with a lot of local food within walking distance. The staff try hard and are friendly.

Cons:
1. While the location is within close distance to street food, to get anywhere else you (Jinli, shopping areas etc) you need a cab.
2. We booked a club room with the promise of "free limousine transfers anywhere within the first ring". Sounds great, until we asked for a transfer 6 whole hours in advance, and was told nothing available until over an hour after we requested. What is the point of offerring free transfers if you need to pre-arrange these trips so far in advanced??? We're talking 10-15 minute taxi drives, not a half day tour to somewhere remote!
2. Club (or executive) lounge, while generous with quantity of food (5 time slots of breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, evening canapes and dessert), is well below par. Food for each sitting is very limited, and alcohol is even more so (only wine and beer, with limited and mid range spirits offered during the evenings). I asked for a negroni - no can do. I came back at 9pm for dessert and asked for a port - also a no. There was also no prosecco/champagne/sparkling on offer during afternoon/high tea or at any other time throughout my stay. I have had all the above offered at much cheaper places! If you just care about sitting in lounge all day getting fed, then by all means, this place caters for you. If you care about quality of food, and a high standard of food and drinks, then this is not the place.
3. We booked a 5 Year Ritz Carlton Anniversary package that included airport transfers and a free RC lion (stuffed toy). At no stage from when I booked up to 2 days prior to the day we were going to arrive did I receive any email from RC to ask when I required a pick up. As a result, I had to initiate a phone call to ask for the pick up, and was quoted an exorbitant price for the airport pick up (despite quoting my booking reference number). After a few hours I received an email confirming my airport pick up was included. Upon arrival, we were efficiently checked in, however no toy lion in sight. We mentioned this and were told it would brought up to our room. One day later, still no lion, so we had to ask again, before it was finally brought up. And now lets not forgot - the return airport transfer. Upon check in, not a single person asked when we needed our return transfer. Later that day, I had to request the return transfer, to which I was again quoted a sky high price. I once again had to remind them it was included in the room package. Note these were all conversations at the Club Lounge - the place where you pay the premium, on top of the premium.
4. It was our 1 year wedding anniversary - not a single note or comment to recognise this. Again, I have stayed at many different places - at the very least, a verbal acknowledgment is appreciated. At the Ritz Carlton Chengdu, it appears they don't really care about personalised service.

To anyone who is staying here because work is paying for it - you won't care about this review. For anyone is is thinking about staying here because it is a special occasion, or you want to treat yourself, I urge you to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't spend your money here.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uNSeen
Marcel_RCCD, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear uNSeen,

May I first of all thank you for staying with us and spending your valuable time completing the detailed review of your stay experience. I am extremely sorry to learn your stay was not satisfied, and I really want to extend my sincere apologies. The areas you are highlighting require further follow up from my side and can use as training reference. If you wish to discuss with me further or have any plans to return I would be available and can be contacted at my email address below.

Once again thank you for sharing your experiences and do hope you would consider our property again if your travels bring you back to Chengdu.

Marcel.Damen@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Very new, very modern, very nice hotel. As many high brands hotels in China. The location, though, is not great if you are on a vacation. There is not much within a walking distance, you have to get a taxi to go anywhere. Good for business meetings.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Marcel_RCCD, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear gruimed,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time to give us feedback. We are very pleasant to learn that you had a great stay with us. All ladies & gentlemen at the Ritz Carlton are looking forward to welcoming you to back to stay us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Its our first time staying in this hotel. Service is exceptional. Special thanks to the Club Lounge staff Amber, Kevin, Kris, Sheeran, Gillian and also the Concierge team member especially Frank. Their warm, professional and friendly service makes us an unique trip. We had been travelling in these years, but we haven't been treat like a Queen and Prince. Thank you for your wonderful treat and see you guys very soon. From Nicola Kwan and Daniel Wong

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nic k

Dear nik k,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to know that the highlight of your stay was the 'fantastic service' and I will ensure Club Team + Ladies & Gentlemen to get recognized for all the efforts.

Again, thank you so much for your comments and we are looking forward to spoiling you again soon at our hotel.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely, reasonably well located facility with good bedroom accommodation, made better with Club Lounge access.

Service shortfalls perhaps attributable to language issues?

Senior hotel management probably well aware of this service challenge.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear David G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We will continue to train our Ladies & Gentlemen to have better English skills and offering more memorable experience for our guests.

Thank you very much again for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to having to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

Amazing place to stay. Extremely well located in the centre of the city. You must take a room with club access. The lounge is just amazing and it is for sure a great added value. Service was very good from the main door to housekeeping staff.
Chinese restaurant needs improvement. For sure, I will return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Marcel_RCCD, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear HongKongStars,
Thank you Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time to give us feedback. We are more than delighted to learn you had a wonderful stay at the Ritz Carlton Chengdu, I will share your comments with Club team to keep all ladies & gentlemen being encouraged. Also, we will focus more on Chinese Restaurant to make futher improvement.

Thank you again . All ladies & gentlemen at the Ritz Carlton are looking forward to welcoming you to back to stay us.