“Volunteering at the Research Center for the Giant Panda”
Review of China Highlights

China Highlights
Book In Advance
More Info
US$207.00*
and up
Private Tour: Day Trip to Panda Highlights In and...
Ranked #1 of 85 Tours in Chengdu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As a Chengdu local tour expert, we aim to provide the best value for money and authentic Chengdu experiences for business people and travelers from all over the world. Contact the locals and see pandas with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This has been a great experience to be a panda caretaker for a day and get up close and personal with the panda. We even got to feed the panda and make them the panda cake.

Our guide, Aaron, is very professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything to us and even taking our pictures during the whole process. For sure we will be volunteering again in the near future.

All reviews
"panda experience"
in 14 reviews
"mount emei"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
in 14 reviews
"panda reserve"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough of Chinahighlight tours. Lillian set a perfect tour for me. Traveling by myself to China for the first time and nearly 70 i was a be wary.
Everything i wanted to see they fitted in my 2 days tours. Then i wanted a guide to take me shopping not knowing where to go.
They gave a tour guide called Mike. I can not speak highly enough of him to. He made me feel very safe. Took photos of me doing my volunteer panda day. Made sure i needed a rest. Very knowledgeable of the places we went. I felt like i had known him for years.
20/10 for tour guide Mike
The most amazing thing that happen is i got to hug a Panda and hand feed them. A life long dream.
I would recommend Chinahighlight tour and Mike again and again.
I will be booking them again as i wanna go back

1  Thank Tess T
Reviewed March 25, 2018

This was my first time booking a tour with a tour company and I was not disappointed! After reading previous reviews, I booked a 3 day Chengdu tour with China Highlights and it was everything I could have hoped for. There were two of us and we never had to worry. Our tour guide, Snow, was amazing!! She was there when we arrived in the airport, gave us plenty of information along the way, helped us find fun and new foods to try, and was very accommodating to any changes! We had to leave for our flight extra early and she even made sure we had a box breakfast from the hotel! She even helped us book extra activities like face-changing show (highly recommend, btw) and the panda breeding center was adorable! We even got to have a cooking class at the Sizchuan Cooking Museum which was a big highlight! This company is definitely a go-to and I would not hesitate to book with them again.

1  Thank schlegelv11
Reviewed March 22, 2018

I can not say enough good things about this tour! This was my 2nd time being in China, but my first time visiting Chengdu. I was greeted by my tour guide Aaron Yang exactly at my scheduled time of pickup. I can not say enough good things about this tour! After spending the afternoon with Aaron we can definitely say we experienced the tour, probably in a much different way than what he was used to! I was very blunt with Aaron on how easy going I am and not hard to please. I explained to him every tour I go on it is very scripted and I do not care for that. Keep it natural and we will get along just fine. Me expressing that to him, it was a great time from that moment he picked me up until the moment he dropped me off! Thanks Aaron for such a great tour and I will definitely see you again!!! By the way thank you so much for having a sense of humor and being very knowledgeable of every part of the tour. I highly recommend requesting Aaron Yang as your tour guide. He was AMAZING!!! I don't have a photo to upload since I was using Snapchat and they did not save. Totally my bad ):

1  Thank nebmd27
See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

First of all I should say that I don’t write reviews, but I feel that this time I have to make an exception because of the exceptional experience we had in Chengdu with our extraordinary guide, Nancy Wang.

We visited Chengdu in March of this year with a group of 30+ high school students on a school trip. Chengdu was one of many stops on our travels around China and our tour guides in each city were very hit and miss, especially when it comes to connecting with a large group of fun and energetic teenagers.

With our guide, Nancy, our experience in Chengdu became a real highlight for our group. We only had two days in this place but somehow she managed to make a connection with staff and students alike and not only teach us a lot about Chengdu, but she also made it great fun which isn’t very common in my experience. She made our visit so enjoyable that a lot of our students shared that she was the highlight of our stay, even more so than the pandas.

Nancy is a very fun, hardworking, open minded, vulnerable, flexible and informed tour guide. She has a great attitude, a great understanding of the English language and is always thinking of ways to connect with the group to make your experience a much richer one.

I can’t recommend this person enough.

Thanks again Nancy, everyone misses you

2  Thank Dean D