“Friendly, courteous service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 746 Hotels in Ningbo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Friendly, courteous service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed here for a couple of days on a business trip to Ningbo. My room was in the new wing. The room itself was a two-room suite with a spacious bathroom. The room was extremely clean and quite modern with a comfortable bed and an extensive pillow menu to ensure a good night's sleep. The internet was complimentary and worked well. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant on the ground floor was good with a decent variety of of both Western and Chinese entrees. The onsite Bali-style spa is a great place for a relaxing massage. The on-site fitness room was very basic. But for the price paid, this was a great value.

What really impressed me was the extremely friendly, eager and ever smiling hotel staff. It is amazing how everyone of the hotel staff has a smile on their face as they attended to the hotel guests. Even the hostess at the breakfast lounge would walk back to the elevator with us and see us off with a smile. On my last day, when I was checking out and coming down the elevator with my luggage, there were couple of hotel staff trainees in the elevator with me, and they insisted on helping me with my luggage. Amazing service! I have never experienced anything like this in my travels in China.

1 Thank VineetD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

The service in this hotel was really excellent. I travel alot outside my homebase of Beijing, and this is one of the best hotels in China I have come across. I had my usual problem with the bed being too hard, and they fixed it quickly and very well - with an excellent mattress topper. The bulter service 'rescued' me when I came back late and tired from a banquet where I didn't actually get to eat much due to toasting and having my photo taken (!) and revived me with two types of congee - for free! all this, AND you can open the windows! something which I miss in most hotels.
Next time I am down to Ningbo, I definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

the difference with the other hotels? this is really a Chinese style welcome and management; you feel you are in China, not in an international hotel. The rooms are nice, large, the breakfast is excellent; The butler service is impressive (I'm not used too). Price was also competitive compared to other hotels. I have to say also that Ningbo is a very nice city to visit, not far away from Shanghai.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
johnson l, EAM at Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Thank your for choosing our hotel and encouraging us by giving us so highly-appraised comments on our effort.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

What an outstanding experience. From the moment of checkin the service and attention was truly overwhelming. We could not have asked for more, including immaculate rooms, and even a little handwritten note from our housemaid welcoming us home and leaving extra supplies because she had noticed what we had used. Facilities are also outstanding. Friendly, accommodating, respectful, polite and outstanding willingness to be helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are outstanding value for money
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Normally with hotels in china i find i am somewhat dissapointed and make conscessions for small failures in service. This hotel however...................... is wonderful. If youre in Ningbo for Business, the service here is exceptional.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

originally booked Shangri La but changed to here after reading all the rave review.

Just checked in and understand why now - first 5 star that has butler service. The other hotels I stayed at that offers butler service starts over 1000 usd granted they provide more services than pouring tea, ironing your clothes (great for business traveler), taking order for your free night snack, etc. I asked for oil and bath salt and they were delivered promptly.

Overall, I'm very impressed with hotel, room and the friendliness of the staff and their smile. Going to enjoy my hot bath now. :)

• Stayed November 2011
North Yorks,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

In my opinion the facilities are not as good as the Sheraton or Shangrila but the service is good. Check in was fantastic and great value hotel. 10 mins walk from centre of Ningbo.

Breakfast very average but the restaurant in the evening was good.

The big downside is no wifi in he bedrooms, only available in the lobby. Bad news for us IPad users.

• Stayed October 2011