All reviewsrooftop poolfrosted glass doorimpecable servicerenovated mansionopen bathroomold citycartagena's walled citybeautiful hoteldoor manloved this hotelcalled the front deskcomplimentary breakfastweek staybeautiful roomsmall poolcolonial architecturecentral location
Reviewed June 19, 2017

This review is about the Recently opened (2016) Tcherassi Hotel+Spa, not about the Tcherassi hotel that opened a couple of years ago and is located around the corner at about 100 meters from each other. if you check the reviews here, there are a combination of the 2 hotels, although they advertise them as the same hotel, the experience is totally different, the older one located on a renovated mansion with few rooms and no rooftop pool (if you check their website the Deluxe Rooms will be located here), and the recently opened is located on a new building which front matches the architecture of the area but its interior is just lacks the flavor of the traditional houses. This does not mean that this hotel is not a great option within Cartagena's walled city, rooms are modern, spacious and functional (i booked the Premium Double Room), the rooftop pool is big enough to manage around 20 sunbathing guests at the same time, the food at Tuc-Tuc restaurant is great, both breakfast and lunch, the location is just perfect for walking to most of the best restaurants in the city, and service is great, we arrived before noon and they were pretty diligent trying to give us the room as soon as possible. We were also very impressed by the service provided at the lobby by Williams, great guy.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCoro
Rebeca G, Director de Recepción at Tcherassi Hotel + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Mrs/Mr. DCoro,

We appreciate your feedback, this is really important for us. I am glad to know that the staff made a positive impression on you, I will share your comments with them. Additionally it is good to see that you enjoyed our food at Tuc Tuc. Thank you so much to be specific in every word written.

Remember We will be always available for you if you need our assistance. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

We were treated like kings at this hotel! The front-desk, bell, pool and wait staff were all amazing. They're probably not used to families with young children but they were very accommodating and very friendly toward our children. The food was delicious, and the breakfast options included in the stay were great. The roof-top pool is great for lounging but not so great for 2 kids wanting to splash about.

The rooms and facilities in general were beautifully decorated and well maintained. Very comfortable. They helped us secure short-notice reservations at popular restaurants and a golf course.

The only downside was housekeeping was unpredictable. They were great at our first requests but then didn't respond to several calls later in the stay. It was a local holiday weekend so I'm sure they were at full capacity, which could explain the lag time. This is the only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rebeca G, Director de Recepción at Tcherassi Hotel + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear Mr. cali810,

Thank you so much for your feedback, this is really important for us! I am glad to know that the staff made a positive impression on you. I will share your comments with them.
It was a pleasure to assist you with your family, our doors are always open for you.
About the housekeeping, we will check this point with the person in charge because our goal is offer an impeccable product and to generate in our guest a complete satisfaction.

We hope see you again, this is your house.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is strategically located within Cartagena's walled city and fortress, it is in walking distance to fine dinning and live entertainment. The Tcherassi mansion offers seven private rooms, exquisitely decorated, presenting the perfect balance between colonial architecture and modern accommodations. In my experience as a guest, what made the environment extra special, relaxing and unforgettable was the friendliness, attentiveness and professionalism of entire staff, you are catered by a group of hospitality masters that are true experts in high quality service. Consistently on top of every detail, customer-centric and knowledgeable concierge services. I personally recommend the hotel to any world-traveler that appreciates superior environment and impecable service. I will definitely return to this magical place called Cartagena!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Rebeca G, Director de Recepción at Tcherassi Hotel + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Dear Mrs. Doris,

We really appreciate your excellent comments, these are very important for us, I will share them with our staff. I am glad to know that you had a great experience in our hotel. Thank you so much to recommend us !
We hope you always choose to Tcherassi like your first option when you come back to Cartagena.

Remember We will be attentive if you need our assistance, always will be a pleasure.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I had originally made reservations to stay for the week and changed them for the first three days. A group of friends were coming and staying all over the city.
Upon my arrival I was provided a very refreshing beverage. I checked in and was escorted to my room. I love love love the personalized note that was left for me with chocolates. The room was large, clean and modern. I have a hotel phobia as I like modern, clean, unique hotels. Rest assure my anxiety was gone the moment I got out of the taxi and confirmed again when I saw the room.
Change in plans had me extend my stay for the rest of the week (minus one day). I made the mistake of getting a hotel for three days in Bocagrande. Coming from Tcherassi, I did not stay at the Bocagrande place more than 24 and was back. I was a little embarrassed to comeback but once they saw me and asked was everything ok I was just glad to be back to familiarity. My whole experience was extremely safe, professional and personalized. Everyone from the rooftop staff, the Tuc Tuc staff, housekeeping, etc. it is hands down my best hotel stay ever. There is no better feeling to have everyone in the hotel know your name and always ask you if there is anything that I need. Even more impressive most did not speak English so from the Spanish I attempted they always followed through. They have really set the bar high for me and future stays. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. It is in a great location and quiet. The price is worth every bit of what you pay. The spa service was also Fabulous. When I return I will be staying here again.

ErikaJanna, Gerente at Tcherassi Hotel + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Dear. brieka g

We appreciate your kind expressions of appreciation, and are especially grateful for your recent stay with us. We hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you in this your house in Cartagena de Indias, Tcherassi Hotel.

Erika Janna
Gerente General

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

There are many lovely hotels in Cartagena, this is one of the nicer ones. Friendly staff, really cool decor (I stayed in the peau de soie room), full service breakfast included, good water pressure, on and on. Great location on a street without a lot of bars so you won't have noise at night. Very small pool on rooftop that somehow stays cool enough to be refreshing. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs. Jennifer C,

We are really happy to read your comments, I will share them with our staff. Thank you for every word written, I am glad to know that the staff made a positive impression on you and see you were satisfied with every thing received during your stay.

Thank you so much to recommend us! We hope you come back soon and can assist you again.