All reviews hot water bocagrande renovation supermarket location amenities wifi
Reviewed July 20, 2016

I believe that for the price (about 110,000 COP per night for a bedroom for a 2 people), one could find a MUCH better hotel. The room was so humid that even the sheets felt wet. My bathing suit that I hung up to dry never dried because of the intense humidity. The room and the hotel don´t look bad, but the area is full of hotels that seem a lot better for the same price. The pool is also extremely small. The only redeeming quality for this hotel is that the breakfasts were great.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatherineS3689
BelindaCueto, Gerente at Hotel Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

Dear Catherine S;

We greatly appreciate your feedback; we believe that our guests are the only interlocutors to evaluate the quality of our services. We apologize for the inconvenience, and want to assure you that our Hotel will be renovated.

Belinda Cueto S.
General Manage

Reviewed July 13, 2016

The staff here were all very accommodating and welcoming. They all smiled and made small talk. I always felt like a welcomed guest.

Unfortunately, the hotel needs an update. There were black ants all over the bathroom sink and walls. One day I went to wash my face only to find ants all over the towel. YUCK! The wifi was terrible and it dropped every 5-10 or so minutes. My room faced the street and was unfortunately VERY noisy. Maybe double paned or noise proof windows would help.

I give 3 stars instead of 2 because the service was really top-notch, the location was great, and the AC quickly cooled the room.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
BelindaCueto, Gerente at Hotel Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Dear lost_heritage;

Belinda Cueto S.

Reviewed March 17, 2016

Rooms: large and clean. Breakfast: complete. One extra towel for the beach. Swimming pool: decent. Free coffee and tea available 24x7. Location: one block from the main avenue. Customer service: excellent.

Room Tip: Check if the black out fully covers the window.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
BelindaCuetoGerente, Gerente at Hotel Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2016

Dear Horacio,

Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2016

Good hotel. Nice polite staff...Very nice and varied breakfast buffet...However the hot wáter is only luke warm...No complaints here...Would return....24 hour Olimpica on the corner...Nao mall and casino right around the block...Very reasonably priced eateries nearby to choose from...Had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a larger bath stall.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
HotelBarlovento, Gerente at Hotel Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

Dear Sir;

Thank you very much for providing feedback about your stay on TripAdvisor. We are glad that our hotel was the perfect choice for your needs during your recent visit to Cartagena. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is all about the location, espectacular attention and tips about the city for the visitor. In the center of Boca Grande with a good breakfast and one more time, a great attention. Stores, restaurants, historic places, beach, bars or anything you are looking for...are close.

My room didnt have a view to anything, but the location made me go outside and have the best views by myself. You can enjoy to typical dishes in and close to the hotel.

I will visit Barlovento in my next trip to Cartagena, a city to return.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
HotelBarlovento, Gerente at Hotel Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2016

Dear Salomon;

Thank you so much for providing feedback about your stay on TripAdvisor. We are glad that our hotel was the perfect choice for your needs during your recent visit to Cartagena. Please come back and visit us again soon!

We love to serve with warmth and kindness.