All reviews walled city rooftop pool an oasis old town never felt unsafe short walk superior room first floor real cartagena beautiful hotel late at night the ground floor small pool facing the street stayed longer two blocks we loved our stay
Reviewed September 23, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Casa Canabal a week ago. I must say the staff's attentiveness to our needs was outstanding. I was first placed in a lower room with no windows. I did not know that many of the "casa hotels" were remodeled from old homes in the area. When I asked if there was availability to upgrade to another room, the staff did their very best to accommodate my needs and I was completely satisfied. The location of Casa Canabal is convenient to walk to many tourist features in the old part of the city. The atrium is tastefully decorated with hanging plants and comfortable seating. The rooms are very clean, beds comfortable and bathrooms were equipped with many amenities. The air conditioning was great, as Cartagena is hot. I had read from a previous reviewer to upgrade if possible and I agree with that opinion. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked a room again after having stayed at one of the Islas del Rosario.

Room tip: for a quieter room book one away from the street
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
casa canabal h, Director Comercial at Casa Canabal Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Dear Guest

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we are happy you have enjoyed our facilities, attention and location , it is very rewarding for us reading feedback like yours because it encourage us to continue giving the best service to our guests and build uniques and memorables experiences like the one you had. Would be a pleasure to have your visit again in this your home in cartagena.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We stayed there for 3 nights ( 2+1).For the first 2 nights we stayed in a standard room on the second floor.The room was fine, clean and comfortable.We then left the hotel for 2 nights to go to Isla Mucura and when we returned we were upgraded to a beautiful suite.
It really was delightful and we are grateful to the reception staff all of whom were very kind and friendly.
This hotel really is an oasis in a chaotic area.
My wife and I both made use of the in-hotel spa where we were pampered by a very pleasant young girl.
There is also a good pool on the top floor.
I would highly recommend this hotel.Our only complaint is that a bottle of wine in the restaurant is extremely expensive !!!!

Room tip: If you can afford it go for one of the suites
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments, for us it has been a pleasure have you here in our city, and is rewarding for us receiving feedback like yours which motivates us to continue working every day to make your stay unforgettable, regarding restaurant prices we will keep in mind your appreciation because it helps us to improve our service.

we look forward to your visit again in our city and our hotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

The hotel was lovely. You wouldn’t believe it was on a busy road. The staff were friendly and happy to help and nothing was too much trouble.

There are shops and transportation a short walk away as well as restaurants and bars.

Definitely a place to stay when you visit Cartagena!

Room tip: The air con is very welcoming!
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Arlene

Thanks for your opinion, we are happy you have enjoyed your stay at Casa Canabal, all our team really apreciate your feedback because it help us to continue working hard to make memorable your experiencie in our city. Would be a pleasure to have your visit again in this your house in Cartagena.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Casa Canabal was our last stop on our honeymoon, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! The hotel was very clean and aesthetically pleasing. The hotel is centrically located to both the historical center and the castle, so great for someone wanting to hit all of the classic stops in the city without taking a cab. Staff was extremely friendly - my husband even got sick one night during our stay and the staff helped me get a cab to the pharmacy at 2 am. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and I would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Maggie

Many thanks for your feedback, we are happy you have enjoyed our accommodations an facilities, your rating motivates us to continue working hard to make customer’s experience like you enjoyable in the hotel. It is gratifying to know that we close your honeymoon with a gold brooch. We’d love getting you back at Canabal House, your home in Cartagena.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Casa Canabal was so nice and relaxing that we ended up spending more time in the hotel and in the pool than we did exploring Cartagena. The service was efficient and friendly. The room and the pool were fantastic. Definitely will go back if I end up back in Cartagena.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Esteban

Thanks for your valuable feedback ,it is rewarding for us that you have enjoyed our facilities and services, for Casa Canabal team is important to make our guests feel better than at home and you have just confirmed it and we are happy for that.

Would be a pleasure for us to have your visit again in this your home in Cartagena.