1,597 results
All reviewsquiet poolmain barfree shuttlea la carte restaurantsbeach barall inclusive resortthe entire resortgreat resortdark sandold citywalled cityboogie boardsnightly entertainmentadult only poolcity tourpools were cleancolombian pesos
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Nice Hotel nice view. family orientation room 4 stars
Food is not that great I give them 2 stars
Staff very nice friendly I given them 5 stars
This is my fourth trip in five years is about 25 minutes from Cartagena

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2017

I came here for my birthday in May 2015, and hoping to return again this year. My trip was amazing the staff treated me like their own family. The staff helped out with any accommodation that I needed, such as booking a snorkeling trip, booking a photo shoot at the resort, and I even had forgotten my tooth brush and they even helped out with that. I do speak Spanish so it was very easy for us to communicate. Everyone is always smiling. I got the king suite where I had been was very spacious which I liked a lot. The view was nice. Be ware though of the geckos, but those are all over Colombia.The suite had a nice little Jacuzzi out back. They have a quiet pool outdoors and they had a different pool where you could have drinks and be a little more louder. Their own part of the beach owned by the hotel themselves. The only reason why I am giving this hotel four stars is because I was expecting their food to have more Colombian food in the buffet and menu, after all I am in Colombia. I want to taste more of that Colombian food. That is the only thing though, but other than that I can not complain. These guys will take care of you and I can't wait to see them again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaCS517
Management response:Responded July 21, 2017

Dear Jessica

From the general management and all the employees who Works at Hotel Estelar Grand Playa Manzanillo we would like to say thanks for your comments, they are valuable for us. We also want to be grateful for you taking some time to let us know about how nice was your experience with us.

We are grateful to know that we were up to your expectation, for that reason we are going to keep working to improve and give the best of our work to our guest.

Looking forward to have you again here, your home In Cartagena.

Alonso Giraldo
Hotel ESTELAR Grand Playa Manzanillo by Occidental Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Was not satisfied we had to wait for 4 hours to check in since we arrived in morning. They have no foreign currency exchange in resort had to go to Cartagena everyday for changing money. did not appreciate scheduling one day in advance for bus shuttle and car transportation fee fluctuated due to time of day or night. Loved an appreciated the Staff and Servers in the Dinning Area. Evaristo,Marylurbe, Adan, Danna, Arnel, Yulieth, to name a few were exceptional.

Room Tip: difficult to say since it is first come first serve. whatever room is available they will give you.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Off the top we have traveled all over the world. This hotel is NOT 5 Stars. Maybe 1.
The photos are deceiving. This hotel is old and warn. There is no maintenance being done. The exterior walls are all chipped and the landscape is overgrown. The buffet is the same food everyday. Typical Colombian but the cheapest cuts of meat and fish. There is 1 rice dish, 1 meat dish 1 fish dish arepas and pancakes. The restaurants are open except for the traditional one. So there is no AC and fans that barely worked so it is HOT! That was it EVERYDAY! The 3 restaurants are disgusting. They all use the same kitchen so everything tastes like fish. Dogs and cats roaming around. Flies on the food. Birds eating the rice off the spoons. NO ONE speaks English. The water is not purified. Room service food is decent but you have to pay...alot of $ and it takes atleast 1 hour to arrive. There is NOTHING to do at night. The pool closes at 6pm SHARP, regardless if there are people in it. There is 1 small bar open til 1am. Service is horrendous. The staff treats everyone like we owe them. The pool areas are filthy. Dishes piled up all over during the day. My kids found bar cups on the bottom of the pool. There is no kids club. There is no pool side activities unless you want to do yoga in 100 degree weather by the pool with everyone walking around you. The front desk staff roll their eyes and play stupid. WE SPEAK SPANISH and were treated like crap. There is no back up generator - yes we lost power for 1/2 hr. and it was very dark. There were no emergency lights. The room attendant we had was wonderful. She really made our stay the best she could. There are no washcloths or small towels so she gave us extra bath towels. The rooms have a brick flooring so you cannot walk barefoot. She gave us sheets for the floor (my kids feet hurt). Ask for bottled water for the room. ONLY drink this. You have to pay for bottled water in the restaurants. The liquor is the cheapest kind. There is no top shelf of any sorts. I found Anejo rum which was ok. When I asked for this type of rum the bartender had to go underneath the bar in a hidden cabinet - along with an eye roll to boot. This hotel is far from the city. About a 1/2 with no traffic. There is construction on all the bridges going to and from the city so allow for extra time. Restaurants inside the Wall were amazing. We only ate breakfast at the hotel (empanadas and maybe an omelet if the omelet attendant felt like working.- who makes 1 omelet at a time...that guy!). Lunch and dinner we ate outside the hotel. Yes it was costly but we were HUNGRY! A cab is about $15 USD each way. So all in all honestly think twice about booking this. The Hilton and Marriott are 5 stars. No need for all inclusive. It is not worth it. If we were not there for a wedding we would have left sooner.

Room Tip: Choose a 1 bedroom suite. Worth the extra space and nice balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank stacymedina1
Management response:Responded July 17, 2017

Dear stacy,

From the general management and all the employees who Works at Hotel Estelar Grand Playa Manzanillo we would like to say thanks for your comments, they are valuable for us. We also want to be grateful for you taking some time to let us know about how was your experience with us. That help us to know what we can do better.

We have checked every single detail you’ve mentioned before, and we have made the corrective actions for them. Our idea of customer service is to make them feel so happy that they want to come back and stay with us again; in your specific case we did not make it.

We apologize for those facts that make us didn’t full fill your expectation. We are working everyday to improve our service and give to our guest a better quality of them.

Best regards,
Alonso Giraldo
Hotel ESTELAR Grand Playa Manzanillo by Occidental Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I visited Estelar Grand Playa Manzanillo with my mom, aunts and cousin in early June . The hotel is about 40 min from the airport and a great place to visit if you're with a group and want total relaxation!
Although the hotel is far from the city (about 30 min), there's plenty to do so you won't get bored .
The hotel has 2 pools-1 pool with music and where people of all ages can go and 1 that is quieter, with a bar conveniently close. The hotel also has another bar closer to the other pool that is open from 10am-late in the evening . With the package , it's open bar and although then drinks are mild the service is excellent. There's literally food all day, whether it be buffet, snack service or the restaurants they have . The food was delicious and had a good variety everyday . During breakfast for example you have the buffet, smoothie station , egg station, and arepa d huevo/empanadas, etc station. My suggestion for the hotel here is to please label these stations ! I didn't know about the egg station till the day before I left .
The hotel also offers some type of entertainment every night . My favorite was the traditional Colombian dances. This was entertaining and beautiful!
The beach is small but it's nice that you don't have a bunch of vendors coming up to you all day long . There are vendors on the beach but very few . I do wish there was bar service at the beach , the bar is a bit far and it's inconvenient.
The rooms were excellent, well maintained . There is a smell of humidity in the room. I think it comes with it being so hot but working on that smell would be important for improvement.
Overall the service was excellent. The staff is attentive and friendly and really made our stay wonderful .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family