2,026 results
All reviewsdecameron aquariumevening showscabernet sauvignonold citytypical resortcity tourhotel offerwalled citysan pedrorooms are basic but cleana la carte restaurantsday tripocean viewcolombian pesosjunior suitethird floorvisit cartagena
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Hi!! Went to the Barranquilla's Carnaval and after I stayed a few days in Cartagena and was pleased to have chosen Decameron Cartagena to continue my vacation and have some comfortable time!! In my opinion this Hotel is complete; has everything you need while you are on vacation and want to have some relax time and party. The staff was great and friendly. Very attentive and always there to help. The security guys were very friendly and easy going. The rooms were big, very spacious, and clean. No issues or problems at all. The food was delicious and with several varieties. Pool is a little bit small, but decent. One good thing is that the hotel has an area of the beach...which makes it kind of private. My whole stayed was great and didn't have any complains.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Erick H
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband, our 18 months-old son and I had a great time at Decameron Cartagena. We stayed there for 4 days 3 nights and the service was excellent from the moment we booked our vacation on the phone, till the day they dropped us off at the airport to return home.

Unlike Decameron Aquarium in San Andres, we were able to book all our dining options from the moment we arrived, no lines and no need to wake up early to line up and do this. Their schedule is very wide as well as the one to book your excursions and day pass to their other resort at Baru.
The restaurants options are very good, we were able to book one different restaurant for every night but couldn't go to the one at Downtown since my husband needed to follow their dress code which requires long pants, but well we understand, and we had a great time at the other venues. The food was always ready, their service and friendliness, and especially facilitating our son's food to be delivered extra fast, that was a big wow.

Entertainment during the day by the pool area was also great, their buffet options, and their section by the beach with the entertaining staff right there was also fantastic.

I have to tell you, Decameron Baru was fantabulous. The whole place is stunning and very well maintained. We spent a day there, which was the only excursion we took.
We were super lucky and able to get a tent right in front of the beach cause some Canadian guests had to leave to go to the airport so they nicely gave it to us. My son enjoyed to play by the beach and we all loved the scenery as well as the beautiful clear blue waters.
We spent the morning by the beach, then went up for lunch to a variety of food options. And then spent the rest of our day by the pool, which was the perfect height for our son and that made us all happy. He looooved it and so did us as parents.

We are definitely going back and this time we're hoping to find availability at their Hotel in Baru.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2017

Hotel was just outside OLD CARTAGENA,was about 15 minutes from the Airport. We made arrangements to get picked up at the airport when we arrived and taken back when it was time to leave,the price was $42 American/$115,920 Columbian pesos.
JAIME, the manager for the excursion trips was EXCELLANT,he goes over and above to make sure your trips out of the Hotel run smoothly. JOEL in the poolside restaurant and IVAN in the ITALIAN restaurant were great and their service was exceptional.The lady that serviced our room was excellent also,she made sure w
e didn't run out of anything. The only complaint I had was one of the girls at the front desk was alittle difficult when it came to changing DOLLARS into COLUMBIAN PESOS. Also when we went on the BARU trip they gave out sandwiches for the ride since we left the hotel at 6am,but they didn't take into consid eration that people might be DIABETIC or have HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, but that was about it. the Hotel was old but clean the amenities were great and the staff was pleasant though some didn't speak much English but they were very quick to pick up on what I wanted with my limited SPANISH. I was very happy my wife and mother-in- law took care of most of the interaction.
If you have a chance you should walk around the hotel and check out the shops/restaurants, LA FONDA in particular. We plan on going back again next time we go to COLUMBIA
I would like to take the time to thank JAIME again for going out of his way to make sure I got a chicken sandwich instead of ham/cheese since I have high blood pressure
Bill&Julie Manning

Room Tip: All the rooms have an OCEAN VIEW
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill M
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Different experience then our usual trips as this is a tower hotel rather than a resort.
Be prepared to wait for elevator or take the stair. other than that the rooms are decent, the view is excellent with Ocean view and also the old city to the side. The bathrooms are very nice and luxurious.
We opted for Decameron Cartagena because of the add-ons this hotel offered; we had the opportunity to go for dinner at the San Pedro restaurant in the old city as well as spending a day at the Decameron Baru.

The biggest downside to the hotel was the persistence of the vendors just outside of the hotel ground.

The food was decent, the hotel offer buffet for breakfast and lunch and a-la-carte only for dinner. You have the options of Italian, Seafood and Steakhouse.The steakhouse was the most disappointing of the three.

The city of Cartagena is very safe and you can go out at all time of the day and night safely. It is however a very Spanish town.It was difficult at time to get understood even though I speak both French and English and do an effort to attempt speaking a bit of Spanish.

I would recommend both the hotel and the city for people who want to experience other countries and cultures.

Room Tip: 15 floor and up offer the best view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2017

The hotel is about 2 km to the Clock Tower of historic Cartagena, approx 20min walk. Great location! The facility is as we expected for the 3-star hotel. No complaints. Our room is on the 13 th floor, the balcony has a great oceanview, but the traffic noise is rather loud, as the main road is right in front of the hotel, and right underneath our balcony. Our room is very clean. The maid did a great job. Room furniture is dated, but okay by us. Food is reasonable, not outstanding but not bad either. Hotel staff are generally polite, some are very nice. The hotel is not suitable for people with mobility challenges, there are many half-level stairs, from lobby to bar, from bar to pool, etc.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and the convenient location to walk to the old town, as well as to walk around Bocagrande in the evening. Safe and fun. The beaches in front of the hotel is a real let down, dirty water, not enough tents for shade (provided by Decameron), and constant harassment of the massage ladies. The day at Decameron Baru was a bonus, great beaches!

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are nice but traffic noise can be loud, even from the 13th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple