“hard bed. bad service . small cramped room also smelly of mold”
Review of Hotel Charlotte

Hotel Charlotte
Ranked #97 of 159 Hotels in Cartagena
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

hard bed. bad service . small cramped
.not good, the pool was Tiny and looked very dirty. the people working the buffet were rude. this is definitely not a place for a vacation not ever coming back. hard bed. bad service . small cramped
.not good, the pool was Tiny and looked very dirty. the people working

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank andrea h

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Arrived to a quick check in.Room was great large and alot of storage space.The room was clean, shower was lukewarm but fine because of the heat.The room also had a safe .The cube shooter (AC) worked great it got very cold.The hotel in a perfect location you can walk to the Fort or to the end of boca grande or just across the street to the beach.There are many places to eat attached to the hotel is a Peruvian restaurant.The hotel also has a pool which was great after a long day of walking.The breakfast was great it was setup buffet style all you can eat eggs, fruit, coffee, beans + rice very good.The wifi worked well for me through out the hotel but my friend had a weak signal in his room on the second floor.The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2016

This is a very nice hotel, located in Bocagrande, one block away from the beach, and 15 minutes away from the Old city. They have free shuttle to and from the airport. Free internet, a great breakfast. I recommend it !!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stayed here for 5 nights and it not quite met my expectations. Nobody there spoke English so be prepared for that problem at check-in. Then they wanted to see my passport..like I snuck in the country or something. The decor and style of the hotel are really cool. Loved the indoor pool and breakfast. Our room was on the main street and very noisy, not so great for sleep. And the bed I do believe was made from actual bricks instead of a mattress. This has so much potential but falls short on some basics.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BJ H
Reviewed 14 December 2015

My girlfriend picked this hotel for a trip we took to Cartagena in December 2015 and we were trying to stay on a decent budget so for the price, this was okay.

Overall it was good, but not great as one of the other reviewers mentioned. We got back to the hotel very late our first night and with the travel from the U.S. I was exhausted so having to hustle to make it to breakfast before 10 a.m. was not the best. The hotel staff did accomodate me on that first day by making us scrambled eggs after 10 a.m, but overall the breakfast was average - nothing special. They didn't have a very large selection to choose from, in fact nearly everything was gone by the time I got down to the restaurant. I have no issue getting up at 6 or 7 a.m. on business trips, but on vacation I prefer to take it easy.

Our room was good, but not great - fairly basic and since it faced the street it was very noisy in the morning. For those who like to be in the center of things this may be a good hotel, but this was a romantic getaway for us so the last thing I wanted was to be disturbed by a ton of street noise and the windows are very thin - hardly soundproof.

The bed was very solid and comfortable.

One negative was that there is no outside shower when you come back from the beach so you end up tracking sand into your hotel room. This may be the norm for Cartagena hotels, but I found it annoying as most beach houses in the U.S., and even many beaches have a shower so that you can rinse off sand before you head home.

While Cartagena is beautiful and has a lot of history, I was not overly impressed with it. We were hassled nonstop by beach vendors trying to sell us everything from sunglassess to bags to beers and lunch. I appreciate that the locals need to make money, but it felt like a tourist trap and I didn't have the peace and quiet with my girlfriend that I had hoped for. I know the more expensive hotels have private beaches and if I were to return to Cartagena, I'd likely pick one of these.

If you do travel to Cartagena, just be ready for the beach vendors. The beaches are great and the people are very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street as those are noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bkd_denver
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Excellent ubication, facilities and service, near to historic center of cartagena, 15 min to airport. Tourist and shopping zone. Have a perubian restaurant who ofert a lot of kind typically menu of sea food. Near to the best cartagena typically food " La Oklahoma cartagenera " only 5 min.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Stayed here for a few days for work and found the place alright, and thats it really. Nothing special. It is a small modern hotel thats squeezed in the main street. Staff are ok, but small buffet breakfast, nice but small dipping pool. Rooms were, yep, nice but a bit small and simple.
Showers didnt have hot water... which is a bit tight considering the price.
Location on main drag is nice.

Room Tip: Room 109 window is onto pool.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business