All reviews covered courtyard walled city lovely little hotel quiet location swimming pool stayed for nights hotel is located balcony suite casa ac
Reviewed March 11, 2016

Stayed at this place for three nights. It is centrally located in the old city of Cartagena, very near to many attractions , bars, clubs & restaurants. Room was very quite and pleasant , with a balcony. Staff were friendly & helpful and breakfast was descent.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2016

If you are looking for a great location hotel that offers excellent value and incredibly helpful friendly service, look no farther. Despite someone recently reporting quite different experience, front desk staff spoke good English and I'd say that the rooms and whole hotel look exactly as you see in the photos on their website. My wife and I will definitely be back as it was the perfect place to stay for a wonderful 4 nights in a really interesting city.

Room tip: Second floor rooms are larger and quieter but ground floor rooms are excellent as common areas are spacious and comfortable.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2016

This hotel looks better in the photographs than reality, but it was an okay hotel. It's location was good inside the walled city, and had I turned left out of the front door and walked 30 m I would have found a fantastic seafood restaurant, which I didn't find until my last day and it was too late to dine there! The staff at the hotel spoke very little English, so it was difficult to get some of the information I needed.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2016

If you come to Cartagena, you should definitely stay inside the walled city and this place makes it possible! The staff were friendly, the room was clean, though a bit small, it was like the rest of the hotel - beautiful and historic. The dipping pool was a bonus, as it is very steamy-hot here. Overall, we had a great experience and highly recommend!

Reviewed January 29, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely perfect location, very hospitable and attentive staff(Flor at front desk went above and beyond), good breakfast. Layout and decor was reflective of the historic area and culture. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a ceiling fan, self controlled AC and a small porch that overlooked the street. Only comments are for slight improvements that would have made this an idyllic boutique hotel with a rating of 5. Water features were not on for most of our stay, the roof veranda looked to be under construction, the pool was situated awkwardly next to the breakfast kitchen, coffee only available when sitting down for breakfast (7-10am) (however I think if we asked in advance they would have found a way to accommodate us). We would return and recommend to others.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple