All reviewscovered courtyardwalled citylovely little hotelquiet locationswimming poolstayed for nightsbalconysuitecasaac
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I had an excellent experience with my stay until I noticed $100 US dollars was stolen out of my bag. So for this alone I give them 1 star. So sad because I did enjoy my stay but ending my trip having money stolen ruined it. When we tried to talk to the front desk we got no where. So if you stay here don't leave anything you will miss in the room. As per other reviews now that I look theft is a problem here. Also no English speakers work at this hotel which can be an issue I did learn the more expensive hotels did have some workers who were English speakers.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heatherdolledup
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of friends and while location is great, I would try different alternatives. There is no pool, it is like a bird feeder. Doors don't close well, fluorescent lights everywhere. I ordered a taxi to take me to the airport and they forgot about it. We asked for some garments to be laundered and they did not iron them. Overall substandard

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Atlacatl
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Very happy we chose this hotel. It was in a great location close to everything. Many great restaurants and a nice Park a half a block away. Decoration inside is beautiful and the room was nice and comfortable. The best part of the hotel is the staff. From the desk clerks to the kitchen staff everyone is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast every morning was excellent and the portions were large. We really appreciated the staffs help planning our days. They didn't hesitate to Make calls and ask Questions for us. (a huge thanks to Flor {spelling} for all of her help). She speaks English and helped us every morning making arrangements and offering suggestions. The only Minor issues we had was a problem with the a/c one night and the staff was quick to take care of it. The other issue was the pool was Closed due to some Construction next door. They offered the use of a pool at their sister hotel nearby so it wasn't a big deal for us. Can't say enough about how Nice our stay was here.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaytonaMike
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

Good equipped rooms, awesome balcony. Nice overhead shower. Breakfast was decent, nothing special. Doorman needs to let you in, so it's safe. Overal maintenance could be improved but that's the case everywhere in Carta.
Tad expensive but that's Carta for you. 7.5/10, would return.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kingbuff
Reviewed April 12, 2016

The location of the hotel was fantastic. It was located just around the corner from Plaza San Diego and there are restaurants just a few feet away. Due to language barriers, the main concierge we communicated with was Flore who was amazing and very helpful. Her English was great.The other staff spoke very minimal English but were extremely friendly. We stayed on the 2nd floor, suite 206, which was spacious and had a great balcony overlooking the street.There was some street noise in the evening, even with the balcony doors closed, but this did not bother us. The bathroom in our suite was very clean and appeared recently renovated. However, the rest of the suite was not as updated. Breakfast included slices of fruit, juice, coffee/hot chocolate, eggs and toast. Taxi from the airport to the hotel was $10,000 pesos.

Room Tip: I would recommend suite 206. It was spacious and had a balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends