Casa Quero(Cartagena)
US$134
US$156
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Allure Chocolat Hotel By Karisma(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$177
  • Breakfast included
NH Cartagena Urban Royal(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$117
NH Hotels
Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$205
Casa Canabal Hotel Boutique(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$144
Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$94
Priceline
US$315
  • Pool
All reviewspresidential suiteold citywalled citywithin walking distancesmall pooltourist sitesinner courtyardrooftop poolplenty of hot watercomfortable bedsbreakfast roomreception arealocation is idealthe ground floorbeautiful hotelfirst floorstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Located in the heart of the old city, the Bantu Hotel is an experience in itself: you walk into an outdoor "lobby" that is really part of the lush inner courtyard, where a waterfall trickles through the greenery and three toucans wander, perfectly willing to hop up on your arm (not all at the same time, of course). Our room was just off that courtyard, a cozy retreat, but well-air conditioned. The wood floor and open-beam ceiling created an Old Cartagena feel. Our shower in our very modern bathroom was partially exposed to the sky, so when there was rain and thunder, it was right there with you - really quite magical. The rooftop pool was a daily destination (remember, it is hot in Cartagena), where we cooled off and enjoyed the vultures' eye view view of the city. The staff is engaged and very helpful - they arranged our airport pickup and drop-off as well as a great day trip to the Islas del Rosario. Every day's breakfast was lovely, with an ever-changing array of familiar foods and some Colombian delights. This is your place in Cartagena!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Dear James

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our Hotel and to have fully enjoyed Bantu Hotel during your stay.

We are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed Cartagena de Indias and the team works every day in order to exceed the expectations of those who visit us, and of course we hope to have you again in the magical Cartagena de Indias.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Another hotel recommended to us by our agents Audley Travel - they are good.

The Bantu feels fun, welcoming, safe and a little wacky. We arrived in a torrential rain-storm, Cartagena's first rains for many months, and on passing through the pretty entrance door were confronted by cascades of water flowing off the roof into the hotel foyer. Not to worry, the hotel is built around a series of open-air courtyards, and guests were entirely dry.

Big shout-out to Cristina, the receptionist with the biggest smile, easiest laugh, and most helpful attitude. I understand she had only recently joined the hotel team, I sincerely hope she is still there and being properly appreciated. What a case study for perfect welcome.

The Bantu was described to us as "mid range". But the rooms were huge, the courtyards so pretty, breakfast selection healthy varied and tasty, and the meals we had delivered to the exquisite private roof-top pool delicious. OK, it's in a different league from the Hotel Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena which you can tell just from the long name takes itself more seriously (I'll write a review of its bar) and probably deserves its five stars, but if you want to escape from the big-hotel groomed service, then this little gem is for you.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Wells_Famalam

Dear guest

We appreciate your comments and we are pleased to know that I enjoy your stay at Bantu Hotel, where we strive daily to create unforgettable experiences.

For us it was a pleasure to have you in our hotel during these days, we are very pleased to know that we were able to make your stay memorable.

We wait for you again in this, your house in Cartagena de Indias.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff! The hotel is great, delicious breakfast and very nice rooms! The rooftop with pool is also really nice! Also a good location in the beautiful old part of Cartagena. I would really recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your comment. Our Bantu Hotel has been designed to make you feel very good, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure or with your family. Our menu is a mixture of typical Cartagena flavors. Its location is the secret to your rest.

This will always be your home in Cartagena de Indias and we hope to welcome you in a next stay to offer you the best of our service.

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful, spacious room that were clean and comfortable. Extremely convenient location. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooftop pool, sweet swing and Tota the toucan were charming. Other guests we met were interesting. I recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel in Cartagena and for sharing your experience with this community.

For all our team it is very gratifying to know that your stay was excellent and that you enjoyed all our services and we managed to make it a memorable experience. Your comments motivate us to be better.

We hope to have the pleasure of receiving you on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

I spent 3 nights there with OAT. I was #5 out of 15 with tours with OAT and should have been given a room accordingly. Instead I was given the worst room. The first room(206) was smaller than my bathroom back home with the stairwell going thru the ceiling. They hung things they were selling (hat, purse etc) from the ceiling. Getting out of the bed you would hit your head on them. After complaining they said they would move me to a lovely room (212). They called at 8 am and said I had to move then. I had the choice of missing my tour and breakfast or moving. I chose the tour. I then given 210 which the manager told me was the same size as 212. This was a big fat lie. Both of these rooms still put me at the bottom of my group.

Problems with my room.
1. first night there was a wedding with loud music until after 11pm.
2. another night there was a thunder storm. The roof leaked onto the bathroom floor making it extremely slippery to get up in the middle of the night to use. Another room had water coming into the room from under the door. Another room on the first floor also leaked. I do not know about the other rooms.
3. The staircase from the 2nd to the first floor was outside making it dangerous to come down during the thunder storm.
4. Very poorly lit. Even with all the lights on, I could not see what was in my suitcase.
5. There was mold all across the front wall and especially in the corner
6. No English TV.
7. I could not open the drapes to let light in
8. Very limited English at the hotel. The manager did not speak English and was very unfriendly
9. I had a massage. The area was very uninviting and I really was not sure about how clean everything was.
10. I felt the drinks and massage were expensive. More than the Hillton.

I was made to feel like I was just a complaining guest. No one ever apologized. All I wanted was what I was suppose to get.

SO BE CAREFUL

Room Tip: Be very careful and get in writing what size your room is. Even then I would not trust them..
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends