Hotel Casa Lola(Cartagena)
US$143
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

Casa Quero(Cartagena)
US$203
  • Free Breakfast
Allure Chocolat Hotel By Karisma(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$167
US$156
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$204
Hampton by Hilton Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$79
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$143
NH Cartagena Urban Royal(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$117
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
Radisson Cartagena Ocean Pavillion Hotel(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$87
Cancelon
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$793
US$578
Sofitel
  • Pool
All reviewspresidential suiteold citywalled citywithin walking distancesmall pooltourist sitesinner courtyardrooftop poolplenty of hot watercomfortable bedsbreakfast roomreception arealocation is idealthe ground floorbeautiful hotelfirst floorstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Great central location. Lovely staff but very limited English. Great roof terrace. Very small pool. Breakfast good. Nice range of fruits. WiFi good. The Bantu himself comes out mostly in the mornings.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your important comments about your Bantu Hotel experience.

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our Hotel and you can be sure that your valuable suggestions about its limitation in English have been taken into account and we will work convinced that good service goes beyond a limitation to communicate in a language.

We take this opportunity to inform you that we are in a time of constant changes in our facilities and in training our collaborators.

This will always be your home in Cartagena de Indias and we hope to welcome you in a next stay to offer you the best of our service.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

This place is a little slice of Cartagena heaven. Nestled on a side street within walking distance of everything within the walled city. Rooms are clean and cute. Bathroom was large enough for 3 ladies to share. The staff was very helpful with helping us find things in the city and great recommendations. They even had the kitchen fix us some sandwiches on our last morning since we would be missing breakfast with an early flight. They broke our final bill down to USD per person for us. Taxis to the airport arrived right on time. Ask for the omelets made to order for breakfast, delicious. The pool is a bit small but was never overcrowded. We all got massages and the hotel masseuse fabulous! Highly recommend. We took a sunset carriage ride one night and the horse arrived right outside our door! Booked online with no issues. I would stay here agin.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear Donna

We want to express our gratitude by taking a minute of your valuable time to leave such an excellent comment.

In Bantú hotel we take care of the smallest details so that you can have unforgettable moments with your companions, because our rooms are equipped with 100% cotton linen, pillow menu, and a dedicated team of collaborators so that your room meets the cleaning standards that you deserve it.

Our Mission is to provide an excellent service in your stay fulfilling all your needs.

We thank you for your visit and Always Bantu waiting for your soon return.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

I want to be able to give this hotel 5 stars but I just can't. The beautiful building, location, pool and some of the friendly staff are worthy of it but I had such a bad customer experience before hand and an average experience on arrival which just can't be overlooked. It was a downer and took me an entire day after arrival to relax and enjoy the rest of my stay.

I preface this by explaining I'd stayed in Buenos Aires, throughout Peru & Medellin before Cartagena and all other locations excelled in terms of customer service. All were small b&b's whereas this is the only larger brand style hotel I stayed in so I expected a more well oiled machine that I experienced.

I booked online direct through the hotel's website. No problems here, I received an automatic booking confirmation. I followed up with an email to find out how much a transfer from the airport would cost and that's when the bizarre communication started. By bizarre I mean no response for weeks even after several emails, I even tried sending from two different email addresses. I resorted to contacting them through their direct contact box on the website and eventually got a response but when I replied directly back to that to lock in my transfer I got nothing again! I'm pretty sure the messages weren't getting blocked but maybe something weird was happening because they were located in Colombia, mind you I had no email issues with Medellin.

So I got to the point I was in Peru and still didn't know if I had a transfer lined up so I resigned to skyping them once I got to Medellin. So I call them the day before arrival and no they didn't have my transfer booked in so they organised it for me on the phone. Low and behold when I arrive at the airport there is no driver to pick me up. It saved me money by catching a taxi instead but that's not the point! As a solo female traveller I prefer to have a car booked for arrival and catch taxis back to the airports.

So I arrive and everything is ok, I arrived about 11am so was too early to access my room but was able to use the pool etc. which was great. So after being there all day and it's time to check in my room isn't ready and I had to wait an extra half an hour. It was just frustrating as I had a late arvo walking tour booked in and needed to freshen up and head out straight away so I was in a major rush with no time.

From then on the service was fine but the damage was done. I just made the most of the pool for the next few days and enjoyed the room which was huge. It was quite a dark room but in this extremely hot climate I actually don't mind that as it was very cool and a relief from the heat.

So that was my experience, take it as you will. I know Colombians have a different take on time but if Medellin can get their stuff together I think so can Cartagena seeing as it's such a touristic town but maybe that is part of the problem!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank traveller24h
Reviewed August 21, 2017

This hotel is ideally located just a few minutes from restaurants and historic sites.
Rooms are large with quirky colonial decor, comfortable beds, great showers and reasonably quiet effective aircon.
Staff are pleasant, helpful and friendly.
Breakfast is average at best with not enough space for all guests to sit inside.
There is a plunge pool of the roof terrace which was a welcome relief from the heat when sunbathing.
We had two large rooms on the ground floor effectively with no windows. The patio style doors opened onto the shady courtyard, therefore for privacy we had to keep the curtains shut throughout. This did not present a major problem however it was not ideal.
The hotel was very helpful in allowing us to store our bags on our last day in Colombia when we returned to Cartagena even though we were no longer residents of the hotel.
Would return but insist on 1st floor room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Dear Richard

Thank you very much for choosing us to spend such a special and unforgettable time! Thank you for your important comments about your Bantu hotel experience.

All our staff is committed to providing the best service to our guests and achieving a memorable experience.

We look forward to serving you again very soon!.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

The Bantu is an original hotel in the middle of Centro built around 3 gardened patios. The location was perfect for walking to all the tourist attractions. Room 208 was sooo wonderfully quiet and cozy. Most important it had excellent AC. We enjoyed feeding Pepe the Tucan with papaya out of our hands. The staff was wonderful and breakfast was quite hearty.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Arleth , Gerente at Bantu Hotel By Faranda Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear guest

First of all we want to thank you for telling us about your experience in our hotel and we are totally pleased that your stay has been pleasant.

Our staff will always be willing to give you the best attention so that your next visit to Cartagena is unforgettable.