All reviews metro station excellent hotel rooms are clean front desk staff great location minute walk verve estadio wifi neighborhood beds city
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I have stayed at the Vivre for four times because despite its cramped rooms (with no drawers for clothes, only clothes hangers) it is conveniently located and has a friendly staff.
However, during my last visit my Nikon camera which I always keep in the bottom of my backpack was taken. I only discovered this when I reached the airport and had to have my backpack scanned.
When I was outside the hotel my backpack was with me at all times so I can only conclude that one of the cleaning staff took it. I wrote the hotel and they took no responsibility for the loss, even suggesting that a visitor could have taken it (both insulting and absurd since only a good friend whom I have known for years had visited me in the room).
Needless to say if you stay at this hotel lock EVERYTHING of value in the safe. I will never return to this hotel. They didn't even bother to reply to my email asking that they check their security cameras.

Room tip: Don't get the standard. It is small and cramped.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank marcos30004000
ANYILIS A, Channel Manager at Hotel Vivre, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear Mr. Rich. Thanks for staying with us. In advance we regret the incident regarding the loss of your camera. On behalf of management, we let you know that the hotel appropriated this situation by performing the proper security procedure by looking at the cameras in the corridors, reading the keys and discharging the waitress without any finding. Respectfully, we inform you as an established policy that all rooms have a security box to store your valuables in order to avoid discomfort. As a hotel we are taking the appropriate and necessary measures to avoid dissatisfaction with the guest, given that the satisfaction of our customers is our main objective.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Location location!! Very good hotel with an excellent location! Very clean and modern. . View from some of the rooms is incredible. I became sick and they sent me a doctor ! I didn’t have to pay!!! Only need to improve the breakfast.hotel in such level should serve a buffet . Better for the name and standard of such a place.highly recommended!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018

We had a nice room on the 9th Floor overlooking the west side of the city. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast and WiFi included but the WiFi worked only on my phone but not my laptop (???). Breakfast was good but not much selection, service was very good. Front desk staff excellent and accommodated all our requests. Located in a busy area at the edge of the El Poblado district - lots of restaurants and bars, close a grocery and walking distance to the Metro (use it, it's very good). We felt safe in the hotel and on the streets.

Room tip: The room we were in, high up and facing west, was a good choice.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

This is a conveniently located hotel, small and clean. It is right in the 70th Avenue, very near bars and restaurants. Breakfast is simple, but good. A 10 minute walk from nearest metro station, Estadio.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2018

Tried Hotel Vivre based on positive TA reviews. While I will agree that the small rooms are clean, neighborhood is fairly safe, and there are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area, this isn't a hotel that I will consider rebooking.

Positives: clean room, metro station 10-15 minute walk away, a safe place to sleep, food market across the street, bellman is efficient, enjoyed the close by Paraiso Resto/internet cafe for lunch
Negatives- horrible breakfast, small rooms, many homeless sleeping on the sidewalks in the immediate area, busy streets=noise, avoid interior rooms, make sure you have a decent understanding of Spanish due to limit staff knowing English

This is listed as a 3+ star hotel that appeared to be a strong 2 star or very weak 3 star.

Room tip: Avoid interior rooms even if you are a light sleeper
Date of stay: January 2018