All reviews bars and restaurants parque lleras min walk every morning metro station kitchen nightlife el
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced: $50,000 for a room with no form of cooling, not even a fan.
Service: Must be a foreign word, because they don't know about it.
Noise: The walls are made from crepe paper.
Breakfast: You certainly don't get that.

.5/10 = Do not stay.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a tight run and efficient hostel. If you are touring by bike or foot, they have a a secure garage to keep your bike. It is located ideally in Pablado, and you will find great dining spots only a few paces away. The staff is very helpful and can help you with travel plans. They keep a tight lid on things, and this is not a party hostel. So go out, have fun, and call it a night.

Room Tip: Avoid dormitory F. It is very close to the Kiwi hostel, which is very loud for long periods. On Friday Kiwi made excessive noise to about 0430 and resumed the ruckus at 0530.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

For the same price as others hostel in the area, this one is really bad,the common area are sad, it's not a place where you want to stay.

And the staff was horrible (2 out of 3 were horrible), here is what happened to us:
We arrived late at night and the receptionnist asked us to pay directly (fair enough), the day after, we tell them that we will stay 2 more nights. they don't ask us to pay directly so we suppose (like everywhere else) that we will pay at the end.

We party in the evening, so the following morning, we're still sleeping at 11a.m. (check out time), the woman come in the dorms, open the curtain, wake us up telling us that it's check out time, I tell here we will stay one more night so we can go one sleeping and she tells me : "in this case come now and pay and you can go back to sleep!" who does that......????

And this is just the worst exemple but they are unkind a few other times

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Antoine P
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am a man that wanted to stay in a nice relaxing place to work while abroad. I have medical conditions and special needs. Not only did they not accommodate my needs but I was moved from bed to bed in order to suit their needs instead of my own. They did not consider my pain or movement. They didn't care at all. I had a problem with their staff being rude and I even witnessed them shuffling a guy out the door because he was from Argentina. Who does that? I have been patient and kind and am now writing this review and now I'm fed up with the rudeness and uncompromising air concerning my condition. Natalie the owner is a nice woman but she is not there to see that things run correctly all of the time. When she is traveling it's the wild west and it doesn't matter if you have special needs or not. You are just a number here. Be prepared for a bit of rudeness.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ended up having to come here after arriving late one night in Medellin and Casa Kiwi being booked... The room we got was big, but with no window opening outside, just windows that opened above the kitchen. Considering the weather outside wasn't that hot, the room was stuffy which therefore meant we had to open the window - this then entailed a night and morning of being woken by people crashing around in the kitchen and shouting and having loud conversations - despite the hostel advertising 'quiet hours'.

Staff were pretty unremarkable - we wanted to leave the hostel the next morning, only to find that you had to have a member of staff let you out of the front door, as the woman on reception chatted away on her phone in the kitchen and took about 5 minutes to stroll over and let us out, despite repeatedly asking her to do so.

Not impressed, was glad to get out and to Casa Kiwi instead.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple