Hotel Sites 45(Medellin)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Medellin(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$59
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$97
US$63
NH Hotels
US$100
US$171
US$119
InterContinental
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

In House(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$69
61Prado Guesthouse(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$29/night.

Hotel Portales del Campestre(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$48
Hotels.com
US$299
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstony romasremote control for the tvinitial experiencelow floorrotating restaurantweight roomnice poolgreat air conditioningfront desk attendantnice hotelseen better daysrooms are decentminute drivekey cardbuffet breakfastbed and pillowsmain restaurant
Reviewed March 25, 2018

The Dann Carlton hotel in Medellin is a special place. For me it is almost a throwback to what we want to believe were the glory years of hotel service. Perhaps the glory years are the present. The hotel exterior is setback several yards from the sidewalk in busy Medellin's Poblado section. It sits next to Parque Lineal La Presidenta, where pedestrians can hear the park's stream flow through the gardens. Inside the Dann Carlton, you are treated to a quaint design of a high ceiling lobby, with detailed fixtures. All of the service amenities seemed to be in place. I found the staff to be knowledgeable, professional and cheerful in their interactions. My one complaint after traveling to Colombia for several years was that all of the guests (not all) were speaking English. It made me feel less special. I like to play a little game to see if I can communicate properly in Spanish. Well the Dann Carlton threw that game out of the window and forced me to speak English - ha ha. (they did not force me)

The hotel features two restaurants. The main dining hall is at a slight elevation from the lobby, which connects with the outdoor pool and spa section of the hotel. The fare was good for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I did not get a chance to taste the works of the Tony Roma restaurant which is at one of the upper floors.

It took me a while to get used to the smart-room technology that is being employed by several hotels. I honestly do not like the use of the keycard to turn on the electricity of the room. I know I am going to get locked out of my room one day, when I try to get some ice. Dann Carlton would say, stay in your room and let our service bring you the ice. ahh haaa. I guess I am not used to being pampered.

I am looking forward to a return stay.

Room Tip: I always like the upper floors for the city view.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Dann Carlton M, Marketing at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Good afternoon dear guest.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We truly appreciate your nice comments about our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our services. You are always welcome at the Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel and we hope to see you in the future.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We had a nice room with views and there is a nice pool with morning sun. I used the bano turco - steam room a couple times and it was nice. Too bad it was closed Saturday night before 8, that didnt sound right to me as it was open other nights until 8. Early IMHO to close pools and gym. The breakfast was decent. kind of got old after a few days but I tried my best to make it fun and ordered egg white omelet last day. The fresh granadilla was awesome. Couldn't get enough of those. The shower design is a bit odd. If I had designed a shower I would know what direction is cold and hot. There's is un-labeled. Worse part is you have to get wet to turn on shower because design is odd. Cleaning service was good. The staff was really friendly and mostly always smiled.

Room Tip: high floor for good view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Regarding the service issues, we are going to send this information to review it with the areas in charge.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Well located in the Poblado district, this hotel has obviously seen better days (air con didn't work, wifi patchy, plumbing ancient), but still trying hard to justify it's 5 star rating. 10 minute walk to the metro. Lovely pool and a good gym.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2018

We arrived exhausted and spent...and were delighted to be upgraded to a suite....bed comfortable...cosy sheets great bath and shower with nice bathroom shower products.... so appreciated! Great location near restaurants and relatively quiet though could hear some music in distance from nearby event....but softly.....

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Dann Carlton M, Marketing DIgital at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our spaces. We hope you give us the opportunity to give you a 5 stars hotel experience in the future.
Have a nice day!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Nice place, great location, good restaurants, and clean. What's not to like? Also has a good gym and a great pool and is adjacent to a park. This review is for the location next to park presidente in poblado on avenida 43

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple