Holiday Inn Express Medellin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewstop floorplenty of dining options nearbyac unitbetter managementel pobladothe breakfast areaexcellent locationhotel is locatedliving room areahelpful with directionsgolden mileclose to shopping mallshotel is perfectgreat arealatin americathe wi fispacious room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The front desk staff were great -- incredibly helpful and charming -- the rooms were very large in a mini-suite configuration and very comfortable. I was on a high floor (I think all rooms are on high floors) and had a great view. There are plenty of places to eat downstairs and around the hotel to suit all budgets, there are large shopping malls within five minutes walk. Breakfast on the covered but open air top floor was very pleasant. The only downside is that staying in such a nice hotel in such a nice area is deceptive. You could be lulled into thinking this area represents the rest of Medellin; it doesn't! You need to keep your wits about you and stay safe when venturing out of this little comfortable little enclave.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on business.
The hotel is above 3 night clubs, which I found out on my last day and couldn't go visit them, but I heard the music occasionally...didn't bother me.
The hotel was clean, organized, new and nice. I had a suit with kitchenette (sink, microwave, mini-bar, and coffee maker). Used the mini-bar to store my water and fruits.

I also want to talk about Columbia and Medellin (locals pronounce it Me-de-jin). The people specially the ladies are the most beautiful and most fit I've seen in one place. Almost everyone is dressed like they're going to a party and they look like they are gym rats (fit, slim and pretty).
Medellin is a very crowded city; lots of yellow cabs and motorcycles. You feed the exhaust pollution if you are outside long. The city is in a valley so it's surrounded by mountains and there is not much air flow to push off the smog.
It was very safe! I didn't feel even one second that I might be in danger. Malls carry similar or better products than you can find in US! Down town shopping is very different, more for locals and you will see vendors with hand carts etc.
Police and security are very visible and with all that traffic and crazy driving, I didn't see a single accident.
Enjoy your trip to this town and enjoy the great food!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Luis1113, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thanks for your comments about our hotel and the city and people.

we are happy to have it again on your next trip to Medellin.

Luis Fernando Velez Toro
General manager

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Room is big but with a porr design, the result: A big room but the bathroom door is just by the bed. Blankets were very, very, very old and the matress much more old. It were impossible to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel is good overall. Lacks better internet speed and a better breakfast. Views from terrace are lovely and it is conveniently located. Great location across excellent shopping and restaurants.
Service is fantastic and rooms late and spacious. Restrooms have an odd sliding door that doesn't close well. Lifts are slow and service personnel do have to use the same ones.
Price is fair.
Windows should be better cleaned.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed for one night, had to find new hotel, the room had bed bugs...was biten several times.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Medallo2000
natytoro, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear Guest and Staff Trip Advisor:

I check the truth of the review and found that our hotel requested emergency medical service named Emermedica to take care, totally free and charged to the Hotel.

The attending physician, diagnosed as " patient with weeks of onset of skin lesions. "(diagnosis extracted from medical report which is available and which the guest has the Original).
Similarly, the diagnosis means "fungus on the skin "also taken from the medical report.

As you can see their condition was not acquired at the Hotel as your stay was not this long and the request for attention care was asked in the short time that you stay at the hotel.

Our team meets strict standards of cleanliness, disinfection and care for all our rooms and areas and so we've been the best Hotel by our guests and one of three favorite hotels by readers Latin Trade magazine this year (February), in the city of Medellin.

We make available to members of Trip Advisor if you require, copy of medical report and that this review is not what was expressed by the medical professional who treated you so absolutely free by the hotel.

We hope we have clarified the review and we hope to have the opportunity to provide our services to you in a near future.

LUIS FERNANDO VELEZ TORO