All reviews rooftop bar food truck hip hotel great lobby body wash bunk beds fun vibe rooftop yoga stone pony malin goetz movie night lobby area is shampoo and conditioner convention hall off season great amenities two blocks
Reviewed June 20, 2018

This former Salvation Army installation has been refurbished with obvious care and consideration to the building's legacy while including many modern conveniences expected in a resort area hotel.
"The Asbury" (local speak) is within walking distance of many of the legendary Jersey Shore hot spots including the Convention Center, The Wonder Bar, and the quintessential Jersey must-see, Stone Pony.

Room tip: A bit noisy due to its close proximity to the boardwalk.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

The staff at The Asbury were extremely professional and kind. They answered all questions and catered to our every need! I would like to personally thank Manager Marcus at the front desk for making it a special night for my fiancé. He asked when we would be out of the room so that he could leave a little something for his birthday, when we returned there was a bottle of champagne and a personalized note to him! Illiana, at the front desk was also a pleasure. The staff went above and beyond . As far as room amenities, the owners could do better, there were only two pillows and no toothpaste or toothbrush, they also do not have room service for food, you have to go down and get it. But 5 stars to the staff, Managment and owners should feel very lucky to have them! We’ll be going back for sure !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2018

I hosted my sons Bar Mitzvah here and stayed overnight as well. I had booked my affair prior to their event space being complete. When it was finished, it was beautiful. The staff from top to bottom were all amazing and unbelievably accommodating. The event staff, took care of everything and everyone at my affair. I had a very large affair of 200 people and every person said to me that the staff was incredible.
My family of 4 stayed in the bunk bed room and it was perfectly clean and a really fun way to end an amazing night.
I can't say enough great things about The Asbury Hotel and their staff. they helped to make my families night an experience that we will never forget and will always remember with joy. I left the hotel feeling like I gained a whole new extension of my family.
I highly recommend not only hosting a party there because not only is the service unbelievable, but it is the coolest spot in Asbury!!

Room tip: We stayed in the bunk bed room and it was great and a lot of fun for my 2 kids.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for your recent review! We are ecstatic to know your event with us surpassed all expectations. We are honored to be the host for your sons Bar Mitzvah and appreciate the opportunity to be part of that moment. We will be sure to pass on your kind words about are team. We agree they are the best part of this place and are the reason people keep coming back. We hope that you and your family return to visit very soon. Have an amazing week!

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

The Asbury is a great hotel in Asbury Park, conveniently located just off the beach/boardwalk, and very close to the Wonder Bar, Stone Pony, Paramount Theater and Convention Hall.
The hotel is in an old Salvation Army building, which has been tastefully refurbished with a retro, minimalist vibe. Great bars in the lobby and on the rooftop.
The only two drawbacks: 1) Noise. The rooms are not carpeted, and sound carries. 2) Parking. There is a lot, but it is valet only, which is an inconvenience.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello MamaCassPR,

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We agree our location is one of our greatest assets and we are fortunate to have great designers who made this historic building what it is today. We apolgogize for any noise concerns you may have had while with us, and valet is for your convenience as there is only paid parking around the hotel and can be very difficult to find on your own. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Perfect location and a warm, friendly staff, especially MARCUS! This hotel is a gem. They are so friendly! The location can't be beat, as you can watch the sunrise from your bedroom! It has that "real feel" of an eclectic, diverse, exciting place. A special thanks again to Marcus, who was so kind to us when We were checking in, who gave us an upgrade for that amazing , huge and sooooo comfortable room and thanks to every employee we interacted with that was warm, friendly, helpful and upbeat.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stevenkina
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Hello Stevenkina,

Thanks for the 5 stars! We appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to pass on your kind words to Marcus. He is a true asset to us and we are glad that he made an impact on your experience. We will make sure to mention to the team as a whole as we know agree it is a collective effort from start to finish. We are so glad we provided a 5 star experience and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the future. Have an amazing weekend!