“A Lovey Sunday Brunch”
Review of Pascal & Sabine

Pascal & Sabine
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal & Sabine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 130 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Atmosphere was cozy, service was quite good. Catching up with an old friend, we sat for two hours and never felt rushed. I had the scrambled eggs with caviar. Eggs were cold, in a bowl, but the caviar was good. They couldn't quite seem to get the toast right, first it was too blonde, then burnt - but they tried. My friend enjoyed his omelette and croissant. The bar area looks quite nice - I would go back and try again for Happy Hour!

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

Pascal & Sabine used to be my go-to brunch spot- even with its outrageously high prices! But they have recently changed chef who wants to keep a strict control over a limited menu- so my dining companions (and me) had trouble finding dishes that we could enjoy. I could understand that more with a Michelin starred kitchen- but come on! To have just two egg options at breakfast is going to turn off your faithful diners. Pascal use to be a regular weekend stop- but after the rude treatment of a chef with limited capacities- no more!

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

My third trip to this French influenced stop.mixed results previously but this was a real hit.table was ready on arrival and the Waitress was fun and knowledgeable without being pushy. The crab appetizer and duck entree were great as was the salad. Not cheap but appropriately priced. Sophisticated but still comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

We had seen positive reviews for Pascal & Sabine, "a classic French bistro," so we made a dinner reservation and visited last week. We were seated in a booth near the bar, which was noisy. We received attentive service, from Shannen, but were disappointed by the food as well as the overpriced wine. The sole chardonnay available was a J.J. Vincent et Fils Pouilly-Fuissè Marie Antoinette. At $60/bottle and $20/glass, it was nowhere near as good as a $10-15 California chardonnay. I ordered the Local Canyon Tile Fish, artichoke barigoule and black olives. It was tasteless. My wife and sister-in-law ordered the recommended Bourbon-Glazed 14 oz Bone-In Pork Chop with Jersey peach compote and almonds. It was nothing special and the pork chop was chewy. At $80/person including tax and tip, it was a one and done for us. For a reasonably priced, more authentic French Bistro, try Sophie's Bistro in Somerset. They serve real "French comfort food."

1  Thank JerseyShoreJohn
Reviewed October 20, 2016

We happened upon Pascal & Sabine on our way to another restaurant recommended by our bartender at The Biergarten early this past September. This is one of those spaces that just calls to you as you pass by... the kind of place that makes you say to yourself, "I really want to be in there", and we weren't disappointed. We absolutely loved the swanky, perfectly lit bar, the deep, plush banquettes, interesting artwork, the conspicuous absence of any televisions, and the expertly made cocktails recommended by our friendly and knowledgeable bartender. We only stayed for two drinks and an order of pommes frites, but would definitely return for dinner in the future. Pascal & Sabine was one of the highlights of our stay in Asbury. Don't hesitate to go.

1  Thank lschmitty