All reviews stone pony dance club nightclub attached club paradise famous stone the jersey shore ocean side continental breakfast summer stage hotel manager the hotel is clean great pool bit dated off season new jersey mid week gay
Reviewed May 2, 2018

This hotel is a gem. Besides that they are pet-friendly, they are also people-friendly as well! The location can't be beat, as you can watch the sunrise from your bedroom, or listen to music from the Stone Pony from your balcony. It has been here forever (I've been coming to Asbury for 40 years) and has that "real feel" of an eclectic, diverse, exciting place. A special thanks to Max, who was so kind to me when I was checking in, to the manager for "making an exception to the rules," and to Bridg at the front desk, who was also wonderful. This was just a 1-night getaway, but we will back this July and every July! P.S. Paix and Luna also love it.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want, whether it's an ocean view, quiet, etc. The staff knows how to accommodate you if you say what you need.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellen C
empres101, Guest Relations Manager at Empress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your review and also for the nice compliments to our staff!
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and yes, we are pet friendly, one of the only hotels to allow pets at no extra charge.
Our rooms all have an eight-foot sliding glass door onto a balcony where you can relax, feel ocean breezes, listen to music or watch the most interesting people ever!
We look forward to your next reservation.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 30, 2018

My wife and I decided to take an overnight trip just to relax and have fun. We have stayed in Asbury Park many times but never at the Empress. We will be staying here from now on. The employess were wonderful, the rooms clean and comfy. Loved the balcony overlooking the boardwalk.Price was great and bars were really nice. We came back relaxed and energized. Good bye other overpriced and not very nice Asbury hotel- never again

Room Tip: Choose a room on the boardwalk side if noise is an issue
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi SharonnLynne,

We appreciate your review - thanks for taking the time out of your busy day.
All our staff agree, once you stay, you will return.
Asbury is the happening place, our hotel has the "Retro Vibe" of great fun and we look forward to your return visit!

Fondly,

Reviewed April 29, 2018

I wanted to like the Empress, I really did - it looked kind of charming and "real" online - and I thought I understood what its issues might be from all the other reviews but
*there was a room mix-up - I walked into my room and someone else's stuff was there (their expensive clothes hanging in the closet, a nice computer bag, Italian leather shoes, *and* a dirty sink!)
*the on-duty staff did not clearly offer another room to me at the time, I thought the hotel was completely sold-out. Due to the lateness of the hour I felt I had no where else to go so I slept in the room on top of the coverlet in my clothes & jacket (yeah....remember that dirty sink? the staff assured me the beds had clean sheets on them but how in the world could they be sure?!?)
*the person who *thought* my room was their room came back and rattled the door around 1am.
*You might think you understand it but it's hard to really grasp HOW LOUD THE NIGHTCLUB GETS ON THE WEEKENDS.
*Parking. Pay attention to it or you *will* get a ticket in Asbury Park.

The manager did graciously make everything right the next morning but I declined to stay and went elsewhere for the rest of the weekend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi Agness,

The only response we have for your review of your stay is how sincerely apologetic we are. We dropped the ball which then erupted into a domino effect!
We're sorry for your experience and even though our manager made everything right the following morning....still a lessen well learned by our staff that will in the future never be repeated!

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 21, 2018

Was here for a one night visit to Asbury Park. The Empress is located in a perfect spot right next to the boardwalk and just a few minutes away from the main spots in Asbury. The hotel itself felt dated, but well-kept, and the staff was very friendly, accommodating, and quick to respond to any request. My hotel room was quite large, especially when compared to the NYC hotel room I stayed in earlier in the week. Springs time is quite relaxed in so the hotel was quiet and relaxing, but I can imagine it can get a bit noicy in the summer given the pool area and proximity to the boardwalk. Overall a very good place to stay in Asbury, but felt like it's time for a bit of a make-over

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Andreas,

We're glad you stayed with us and enjoyed the quietness of Spring!
Yes, we're a bit "Retro" as we like to refer to our decor....always a work in progress! Our hotel is extremely clean, with friendly staff members (who work hard to make every guest feel welcome) and the perfect place to let your hair down in a judge-free environment!
We look forward to your next reservation.

Fondly,

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I was really worried to stay in this hotel as I had read some reviews complaining that the mattresses were thin, the bathroom outdated, and the heating system not working.

However I had no choice as I had to be in Asbury Park and this was the only hotel with rooms available.

Well I walked into the room expecting/dreading the worst. First thing I checked out the mattresses. We had two double beds. The mattresses were large and firm. The sheets pristine white. Lots of pillows. Yay! I have a comfortable bed. I then turned on the heater. Out came a blast of warm air. Within ten minutes my room was toasty warm. Thet tv worked perfectly. The bathtub was spotless.

Each time I walked into the hotel the woman/man at the lobby greeted me with a lovely welcome.

In short I am enamored of this hotel. Highly recommend!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family