All reviews cable tv lay your head older place within walking distance other hotels in the area microwave boardwalk mattress
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I had booked a room at the Oceanic for Oct 14 & 15 for a wedding. On Oct 9th I had a death in the family and not only had to cancel all my travel plans but had to make funeral arrangements at the same time. Needless to say my room at the Oceanic slipped through my list on things to do. I kept looking in my emails to see if there was anything there as I couldn't even remember the name of the hotel in all of this chaos. Ultimately I never found the booking information and forgot to pursue it further to cancel. I got a call the day of the funeral requesting a time that I was going to check in on Saturday Oct 14, 2017. I called back to explain what happened and was told the manager was not there. Normal policy requires 3 days ahead to cancel. I was told to call back at 9 am the next morning to speak with the manager. I woke up the next morning the day after the funeral at 9 am and again was busy with funeral/death stuff and forgot to call until 12:30. At that time I was told the manager waited until 9:30 and had to charge me $109 for the room. I thought I booked the room for $89 so that was a surprise. It was also a surprise when I got a call back later telling me what the manager had done in the morning. I know it was an exception to the rule but having a close family member pass away unexpectedly will throw you off. Sorry to say because of this I will never stay nor recommend anyone to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank perrellic
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

The Oceanic Inn is old. So am I. We both show our age. I would stay here anytime I can. It has all the basics. I probably should give it 5 stars, but the shortbread is old and droopy. Stay here and make your own dream come true. You can't beat the price and location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jere T
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

That's the only perk to this very outdated hotel. It was a close walk to the beach and boardwalk. The man at the counter was nice, gave information about the local goings on that may be of interest. Room was cramped and very old looking. Had everything but an alarm clock and a hair dryer. Shower dripped all night and you could hear the people walking around upstairs clearly. Be ready to hand them $10 cash upon check in for the key. Still a real key and not an electronic lock. You get it back when you leave, but if you don't carry cash it could be problematic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank mohawkey44
Reviewed August 5, 2017

So I am a frequent Asbury Park visitor and mostly I stay at the Berkeley. My last visit to Asbury the only hotel available was Oceanic. I was a little skeptical because of the reviews, but I will tell you, this place was fine.

We were going to the Stone Pony for Rancid and we were spending very little time in the hotel, we basically needed a bed, shower and a place to call home for a night. For 80 bucks, this was perfect, compared to the $358 price of other hotels in the area.

The rooms were clean, they have fridges, some have stoves. Mattress was firm, sheets were clean. Furniture in the rooms is old and dated, but still has the spirit to provide a surface for drinks and a place to store clothing.

Free parking- which these days is a luxury in Asbury. The grounds were safe and well lit at night. It's walking distance to everything in Asbury, so again for the price, its super convenient.

The owners are very friendly and accommodating. Check in and check out were smooth, easy and quick.

There are no frills about the Oceanic- you are not going to get fancy decor, artwork and style. You are getting what you need for a quick getaway to one of the coolest places on the east coast.

I would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mike D
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

This is a great basic place to stay down in asbury. Although this is not a fancy place, we love it a lot. The owners are really cool and friendly. It's only a block away from the north beach. Beds are very comfortable and we always get a room with two double beds. Small bathrooms ( older place), and it's always clean. Again, we love it. It's so easy to go back and forth from the beach and the room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple