“Great roof top bar”

Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten
Reserve with OpenTable
Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten brings an authentic biergarten experience to Asbury Park, a tradition that Europeans have enjoyed for centuries - communal tables where friends and strangers mingle in a lively, friendly atmosphere, energized by a regular schedule of live music. The establishment features a 9,000 square foot outdoor rooftop Biergarten and 6,000 square foot indoor hall. We pour 31 premium draft beers and serve over 60 bottles, including American craft beers. The menu is classic biergarten fare with a focus on comfort foods from Austro-Hungaria, flavorful and perfectly executed by Executive Chef James Avery.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Food here is very good - very casual. Roof top bar is fantastic on a nice day with a huge beer menu. Fun place to go when in Asbury.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

The space; fantastic; the beer selection: excellent; the food: great; service; good. The festhalle tables with their long thick boards were very impressive as was the beer selection. I enjoyed the wiener schnitzel and my husband enjoyed the wild boar! We'll return next time we're in town!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Labor Day Sunday and the place was packed! Most were here to see the always great Remember Jones and enjoy a beautiful night at the shore. There is a limited food menu on the roof garden and it can be pricey but very good. Amazing variety of beers available. The wait staff were running like crazy but very attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I am not a beer drinker, but my friends who attended a meeting/dinner here were pleased with the variety and taste of their beer selections. My only experience was with the food, and it was less than satisfactory. I ordered a salad and asked the server if the tomatoes could be removed; she told me special requests are not accommodated unless a person has a severe allergy. Duh! I don't have to divulge my entire medical history to explain why I can't have tomatoes. After waiting quite a while, my salad came - with tomatoes! The server begrudgingly told me I could remove the tomatoes myself. Ok. I also ordered a hamburger, which was served with cole slaw, Muenster cheese, and tomato jam. I asked if the tomato jam was on the side and was told it was spread on the bun. I nicely requested that the tomato jam not be put on my burger bun. Another person ordered a burger without cheese, while a third person requested his burger be prepared well done. Our food was served last of everyone in our group of fifty. The cheese was removed, the other man left before his well done burger came because he had another appointment, and the tomato jam was on the bottom of my burger's bun. The server told me to "scrape it off." That's what I call service! My medium burger was more rare than anything, but there was no way I was sending it back; it would have been an hour before I'd see it again! The acoustics are terrible, so if you want to have a conversation, go somewhere else. If you are interested in drinking beer in a German-style beer haus, this is the place for you. You won't see me back there!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We went here after pedaling our swan across the street. I love the atmosphere, very rustic. The waitress was attentive, food was delicious and I definitely would come back again. Next time I go, I will try some of their delicious beer options!