“Great Beer Selection”

Ranked #11 of 130 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Went in for a beer, stayed for dinner. They have the typical bar-type food but also have dinner entries and bistro selections. Bartenders were super friendly and helpful.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

We are very local and have been going for many years, it was our quick, good go to place. In the resent past they under went a nice up grade of the bar area, the menu change was not so nice. Falafel came out like two cold hockey pucks with a soggy old couscous, I think that's what it is was suppose to be, cheese steak was awful, and the salads smaller than a dinner portion for crazy prices. Really sad to for the decline..... hoping for the resurrection!

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

June 2017 Wed: A friend and I visited the Jersey shore, remembering the old days. Ended up in Asbury Park. He suggested this place. Empty on this Wed with plenty of street parking. Great burger ($14) and plain cheese steak($13), good chips too. She just replaced my coke without asking, nice. Two bars, tiny potty. Not noisey, but only 5 tables occupied.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I've always had a good meal here. Nothing fancy, but good and plentiful. Great service too.
The drinks aint cheap here; so, keep that in mind when ordering.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This used to be a favorite local spot. My husband and I are locals and regular customers. We frequently go to the Brickwall on Sunday afternoons. We have always gone for the all day $5 Bloody Marys and raw bar. There have also been some other menu items like the Italian pork cutlet sandwich, Tatar tots, sweet potato fries, and chicken sandwiches that we looked forward to. Unfortunately, this afternoon when we came in the menu had changed completely.

We came in a little after three and were told that the Bloody Mary special was only until 2, and had to pay full price. The raw bar was closed, and we struggled with the menu. Reluctantly, I ordered a Bloody Mary at full price, and the fried clams which was a very small portion of clams. My husband ordered a burger with up charges for bacon, cheese and fries. I had shrimp and grits that was boring and bland at best.

We were very disappointed with the new menu and seemed that pricey for what was offered. Our bill was $82 for two people. We have been regular customers throughout the winter. It was very disappointing to see these changes for the summer. It is unfortunate that locals have to see such changes with the tourist season approaching after supporting a venue all winter. I would recommend reconsidering your new menu.