“Best burger and music in Santa Marta”
Review of El Rego Gastro Bar

El Rego Gastro Bar
Ranked #15 of 384 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Description: Delicious hand crafted menu, mix of Asian and Western plates. Live music on weekends. Unique amazing cocktails, and the longest beer list in Santa Marta. Find us by the hand painted mural on the front of the house.
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Really cool bar with great tunes, and easily the best food I had in Santa Marta especially for the price. Anthony the owner was really friendly and helpful too. Will be back sometime in the future for sure!

Date of visit: July 2018
Anthony K, Owner at El Rego Gastro Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thanks Callum! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Live music, a delicious vegetarian hamburger with fries and beer... what more do you need? My friends had ramen and tacos, all good sized portions and tasty food. We were all satisfied when we left. Staff is attentive and friendly. The interior looks classy.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Looking for music? No music except maybe weekends we were told.. food was already made hours before and was heated up.. fries were from old oil... and this was at 7pm on Thursday night

Date of visit: June 2018
Anthony K, Owner at El Rego Gastro Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

I apologize you didn't enjoy your time in El Rego, I am the owner and chef and I work very hard to make sure everyone has an exceptional experience in my place.

I always use the freshest and highest quality of ingredients and the food is made fresh to order. The only dish prepared ahead is the St Louis Ribs, which require 3 hours in the oven, then are caramelized with barbecue sauce to be served. My oil is always fresh and clean and I take pride in having some of the best fries in Santa Marta.

We will be the only place you find with high quality local music EVERY weekend. To put music on every night of the week would not be possible right now, we are a small business and musicians have to be paid fairly.

I hope you return and try El Rego again, this does not seem to be a fair review and does not reflect the quality food and service me and my wife work very hard to maintain.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Great ambiance, great music, one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. Definitely coming back again tomorrow.

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Great find, just off the Main Street where the canned music competes with local street shows. Very friendly. Great acoustic set. Dancing or swaying with music encouraged. A nice local IPA. Food looked interesting and affordable.

2  Thank Exploration594630