“Very disappointing and overpriced meal”
Review of Basilea Gourmet

Basilea Gourmet
Ranked #64 of 383 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2016

Had dinner here with my partner, we had heard great reviews about this place but it was very disappointing. I ordered the steak & pork medallion dish and it was overcooked and tasteless. I'm not usually one to write reviews or pick on restaurants for small mistakes but I honestly felt that I had been ripped off for the price I had paid. There are lots of other lovely restaurants in Santa Marta, don't make the same mistake as me and go to this one!

3  Thank 911celinac

Reviewed May 20, 2016

Had dinner here with a group of 10 and everyone was very happy with the meals. French onion soup, salmon carpaccio and different fish and seafood dishes.Recommended!

Reviewed January 29, 2016 via mobile

Eat here for a quiet, sophisticated meal. Good attention to detail, nice linen and tableware. Good menu with varied choice. Squid starter a little over and lacked seasoning, however made up for with a fantastic fillet steak, properly rare and with pepper! Squid main delicious with good balance. Only criticism was salmon starter, too much lemon but that is the way they do it here. Price is what you would expect to pay, with a nice wine list.

Reviewed July 28, 2015

What a lovely restaurant - white tablecloths, nice wine glasses, very elegant interior. The menu is very large with lots to choose from. I had a delicious blue cheese salad, my husband had the sautéed mushrooms to start. Both were delicious - garlicky mushrooms, very fresh and still slightly crisp, and my salad consisted of baby lettuce with a light dressing with blue cheese. A great start! I ordered the salmon teriyaki, and my husband had the chicken breast with balsamic vinegar. OMG, both were so good, I don't know which was better. The portions were generous and accompanied by wonderful whipped mashed potatoes. I ordered a glass of red wine (not on the menu, so I didn't know what it would cost :-(, but it was a very nice small bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Very tasty, but not inexpensive - $25,000 pesos for the mini bottle, but the glass of wine was bigger than the usual pour in other restaurants. Bill was $205,000 pesos - about $70,which was unbelievable (we had 2 glasses of wine). The same meal would have cost twice that much in the US! Really delicious, huge menu, great service and a lovely restaurant. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 31, 2015

Food and service were excellent. One of our best meals in Santa Marta. Including wine and dessert a meal for two was about $70.
Good wine selection.