“Checked”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Too pricy for the experienceFood is good, the restaurant temperature was too hot and they were trying to serve the wine at room temp which was like 30 degrees.

1  Thank Madelaco

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful dinner. Expensive by Colombian standards but not by ours. Excellent wine list, menu and outstanding service. The atmosphere was exceptional and the food was delicious. We felt like royalty and were treated as such. I had the garlic mushrooms and my husband had the octopus as appetizers and for dinner I had the Herbed Chicken with spaghetti and my husband had the seafood bouillabaisse. We both thought the food was exceptional.

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

If you are prepared to pay CAD$20 to $40 per plate and enjoy small food portions go for it.
The food was enjoyable, very, very tasty. The decor was special the staff were friendly, Piaf and Aznavour were signing, but when it came to paying the bill, ouch! We paid around CAD$450. We were 9 adults and 3 children. One if the little ones shared... So it was about $40 per person with a bottle of wine to share and 3 cocktails...

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

If you want an air conditioned restaurant with linen table cloths, a great selection of wines, great food, and friendly service, Basilea is the place to go. From our muscle appetizer, blue cheese salad, robalo in Parmesana, to our crepes susette with pairs, including a cabernet/merlot combination wine, I have only good things to say. Well done Basilea.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

Had dinner here with my partner, we had heard great reviews about this place but it was very disappointing. I ordered the steak & pork medallion dish and it was overcooked and tasteless. I'm not usually one to write reviews or pick on restaurants for small mistakes but I honestly felt that I had been ripped off for the price I had paid. There are lots of other lovely restaurants in Santa Marta, don't make the same mistake as me and go to this one!

3  Thank Celina C