Irotama Resort
Hotel Boutique Casa Carolina(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$178
US$79
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$120
US$92
Official Hotel
La Casa del Farol Hotel Boutique(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Casa Verde Hotel(Santa Marta)
US$74
US$65
US$192
US$185
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$253/night.

US$160
  • Breakfast included
Zuana Beach Resort(Santa Marta)
US$370
US$166
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsdel solcoco's barrestaurants offerkids clubnew constructionthe beach is greatshaded areasmultiple optionsbeach vendorsthe cleaning ladynice poolocean viewair conditioningtayrona parkbreakfast was includedbohioiguanas
Reviewed April 19, 2018

Employees are not motivated or incline to provide a great service. There are there just to claim a pay check. Room and instalations are nice but eclipse by a lack of customer satisfaction culture. This hotel used to be one of the best in Colombia. Not any more.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JuanSaldarriaga
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Hi, JuanSaldarriaga.

We feel so sorry that you had an unfortunate experience in our hotel. We try to do the best to offer to our guest an excelent service and our employees are working so hard for this. However, we'll take this appreciation in mind to work on it.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Do NOT stay here. No queden acá. Este resort es un hueco horrible.

If you do expect very little to nothing and to get taken advantage of upon check-in.
We checked in after making a reservation online for a bungalow room months in advance. When we arrived they claimed we only had a reservation for one though we made one for two, for my wife and me. The reservation was for ~USD$100 per night. They forced us to pay an additional USD$75 per night, for my wife (even though we are not on any all-inclusive plan) to ‘’convert’ the reservation to 2 people. When I checked online at the time of check-in, yesterday, the cost of 1 or 2 people for a room was the same (obviously). They claimed their rate card to add a person was $75 and we couldn’t check in without them raping us for the additional money. I asked if they was anything they can do (a discount in-line with some proportionate to what we paid or even an upgrade to something other than the crappy room gave us. When I asked Yessica, the woman who checked us in, to have a manager contact us she promised she would that evening with no response. I’ve now followed up 3x, again today in person with guest services. There truly doesn’t seem to be anyone in charge and it definitely shows - not just guest services but the entire resort is a hole: an old broken place that’s apparently been here for 30years (which you can tell by the old, tired, and poorly appointed rooms) yet is indefinitely under construction and quite ugly with half-finished buildings, dirt roads, and just not an enjoyable experience, particularly due to the surly staff and non-existent management.

When I checked with guest services she literally had to call 5 telephones to try to find a non-existent manager. Finally she told me a man named Juan Carlos was supposed to get right back to me and, in-line with the very poor experience so far, never did. Juan Carlos may not even exist for all it seems.

This place is a hole, any natural element that may have existed at some point in the past they have destroyed with ugly half-finished development and truly no one here who cares about the guests or the place.

Do not stay here. There are many other better places in Santa Marta. Good riddance to this has been washed up place that will steal your money and not even care about a client’s perception. I’m sure it won’t be around for much longer.

Room Tip: The bungalows were super old and dated. And some by the road, like ours.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marc M
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

¡Hi, Marc!

We feel so sorry that you had an unfortunate experience with us. Our service personal and spaces are in constant evolution and improvement for the welfare of our guests. We'll take your recommendations for improve our services and we're going to verifique what happened with your reservation online.
We really apologize what you lived in your stay with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

It must be first understood that Santa Marta is a economically depressed area, and that if you're American, it is highly unrealistic and short-sighted to expect "Four Seasons" style accommodations. That being said, the Irotama is about as nice as it gets for Santa Marta.It's located close to the airport, but about 15-20 minutes away by car from the historical center of Santa Marta. I arrived at the airport and had a shuttle driver waiting for me. My flight got in 7 hours ahead of check in, but was told that they would have a room ready for me in half an hour when I got there, which I was not expecting, and was overjoyed to hear. I received a complementary drink at arrival, and perused the beautiful area while they prepared my room. My bungalow was spacious, clean, and the shower was hot and had great water pressure. I couldn't have asked for more. I fell in love with the mushroom chicken crepes at the restaurant (can't remember the name) that is situated by Coco's bar. There are 2 pools that I visited, and one that I swam in. The infinity pool at the del Sol location is pretty, but I didn't go in. The waterfall pool by the bungalows was wonderful. I unfortunately did not spend a lot of time during my 3 night stay, as I spent a night and 2 days of this stay at nearby Tayrona Park, but wished I could have made more use of the resort! I plan on returning, and will definitely stay here again if I do.
I want to mention that during my time here, I had the VERY fortunate experience of encountering a taxi driver by the name of Gil Cohen. Gil is Colombian, and a native of Bogota, but he speaks perfect English, in addition to Hebrew, Arabic and some French. And, he was without exaggeration, the only honest cab driver I encountered during my entire time in Colombia. He went out of his way to show me sights and give me a history of places we passed and of the are in general, and never charged me extra for the detours. In fact, he undercharged me on a couple of occasions (needless to say, I tipped him very well). He went above and beyond the customary service of a cab driver in several instances, and never charged me for any of it. He honestly took a lot of stress out of my stay at Santa Marta, and was an absolute pleasure to meet and ride with! I would highly recommend anyone staying in the area to call him. His number is 312 4546042. Keep this number and call him if you're going to be in the Santa Marta area. You won't be sorry you did!

Room Tip: The bungalows are lovely
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VisitorfromNH
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Hi, VisitorfromNH

We're so glad to having you in our place. These kind of comments, help us very much to be better in our services. We try that every single thing of our hotel, give you an amazing experiencie and you can feel the real Irotama Experience that we have for you. We hope you can visit us again and appreciate better, our places and service.

Have a good day.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Great staff , very close to the ocean , very comfortable rooms and there is lots to do at the resort . There is some construction going on close to one of the towers so you might want to ask before booking . I recommend it and would stay there again .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi, Jfv3.

We appreciate so much ur comments about our food. These kind of comments give us a huge impulse to continue working hard for our guests. Also, It's important for us because you give an idea to the other people of our hotel and service. We hope you can visit us in another chance.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

My husband, our daughter, my mother, my sister and I stayed in this beautiful resort, at the Irotama Del Sol building. We had a two-room apartment with a terrace facing the beach. Comfortable, lovely decor and extremely clean. Great variety of restaurants with very good quality and variety. We spent Christmas dinner and San Silvestre. Tables were set around the pool, the buffet was delicious and we had great live music and DJ. There are several activities to do at the hotel.The beach is wide and very nice. The ocean was not transparent, but the water was clean and warm.

Room Tip: High floors facing the beach
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi, Marie.

We love to see that you had a FANTASTIC time in our hotel. We hope you can visit us again and enjoy all the wonderful things that we have for u. Our work is give to you the best of the better.