All reviewsrodadero beachprevious daysexcellent poolocean viewdirect access to the beachplaya blancaquiet hotelwalking distancestar hotelcomfortcleanlinesstaxis
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I decided on this hotel mainly because of the guaranteed ocean view room. I should have probably not been as picky. As soon as I paid for my hotel room they informed me that they had no running water, which is something they should have mentioned before. Also $150 per night, in this area is overpriced, the other hotels in the area were between $50-$70. The place is beautiful but definitely not worth the extra $75-$100. I regretted booking this place right after paying for it. The place as I mentioned is beautiful, the pool is beautiful, the restaurant is beautiful. The rooms are average but clean. The view was the most disappointing as that's what I was truly paying for, but I got the view of the tarp above the restaurant instead. I do hope to return to Santa Marta and Rodadero beach again, but I will not be staying in hotel Tamaca again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DireccionDeServicios, Gerente at Hotel Tamaca Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Jorgielina U,

Thank you very much for participating with your reviews on Tripadvisor, we will respect your opinion and we will consider your recommendations for improving our services . It would be a pleasure to serve you another time, You will always be welcome

Greetings from Santa Marta,

Tamacá Hotels.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

More shaded areas around the pool would be nice. Another chair in the guest rooms would add to Comfort. Excellent pool with nice area for swimming laps. Nice outdoor breakfast area with fountain and vies of the pool.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear bobsturm,

Thank you so mucho to chose us as your hotel in the city, your reviews are important and we are happy to know that your experience in the hotel was wonderful!
We would like to serve you in the future! you are always welcome.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Great location!! The only issue I had was that there isn’t any events/music during the evenings and weekends for guest to stay in the hotel and have a good time. We had to go to the local bars. We would feel little safer!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ariel R

Dear Ariel R,

Thank you very much for participating with your reviews on Tripadvisor, we will consider your recommendations for improving our services. It would be a pleasure to serve in the future...

Reviewed March 16, 2018

I loved the room and the pool. Breakfast buffet was wonderful and it was outside facing the ocean. My only issue was that it did not have a balcony that you could sit out on. There was only enough room to stand out there but I like to have my coffee out on the balcony in the morning and this wasn't possible there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TORCH24

Dear TORCH24,

Thanks so much to participate with your reviews on Tripadvisor, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, we will continue offering the best service. it would be a pleasure to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

As none of the restaurants along Rodadero beach were tempting we went for lunch at the quiet hotel. Very good seafood dishes and excellent coffee. Peaceful surroundings. Service was
very good. Should be considered when you want to get away from the dirty plastic chairs along the beach.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Fjodolf1

Thanks so much to visit us, we really enjoyed to serve you... We are happy to know that your vacations were a wonderful experience and you loved our meals!

we will wait for you in your next visit to Santa Marta.