19 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$85
eDreamsUS$250
Expedia.comUS$225
Hotels.comUS$225
All reviews bourbon tower surf bar steel pier ferris wheel valet service this past weekend view of the ocean katrina boardwalk boxing ac sharky celebrity
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2020

A group of friends booked several rooms on a Sunday as get-a-way. We always venture to the restaurants/outlets/boardwalk/beach (if time allows). The hotel suite and bourbon tower rooms we booked were clean and the floor was quite. The hotel representative Jared, took great care of checking us in! When we arrived early the check in line was extremely long, as housekeeping was attempting to clean out the rooms for new guests. He advised us to patiently hang out for 30 mins to allow the staff to flip over the rooms for in coming guests by the 4:00 pm check in time. Since we were waiting for two different rooms he was able to accommodate both parties all at the same time. We were very grateful for his professionalism and ability to multi-task booking numerous guests into the hotel. It was definitely a chaotic afternoon and he handled each guest with grace. I was blessed to have Jared check my friends and I into our reserved rooms at the Showboat hotel. He also advised if we need anything else during the course of the evening to contact him directly, as he was on shift until later that evening. Our next outing will likely be at the Showboat hotel again, as we departed we started planning our next stay. I would recommend this hotel for a quick get-away, with family/friends and even the family pet (as this is a pet friendly hotel).

Room tip: Bourbon Tower is the newer of the two options
Reviewed July 10, 2020

I had (4) rooms reserved for my daughters Sweet 16 Birthday. We chose this hotel due to being Pet Friendly, and on the boardwalk/beach. I'm also a travel agent, so was pretty excited with what I read on the website to experience it first hand. Deja at the front desk was very helpful with all of my questions and getting us located on the same level. (3) of the rooms were clean, spacious and beautiful. We stayed on the 21st floor since we had our dogs with us. My 4th room was not vacuumed. There were dog treats/food from the window to the entrance of room. The shower was subpar where water didn't even reach 1/2 way of the tub.. but we made do.

The area assigned to "walk" your dog is by the self parking lot. It was very difficult to get from the 21st floor to that area due to the distance. During the day we were ok, but during the night my dogs had quite a few incidents on the carpets/floors on the main level. I was mortified until I noticed a few other dog owners with the same issues.

As a travel agent, I'm a bit disappointed because the website talks about the Pets Play Too Service where dogs are given treats upon check-in. I then found out this service was discontinued. I'm thankful I was the customer and didn't give false information to a client.

Website also mentions that self parking is $12/day, but it was increased to $15/day. No biggie, but website should be updated.

Dinner was a bit difficult during this pandemic. Make rsvp early for restaurants on boardwalk since a number of restaurants in the area are take out only.

I would definitely come back again; but doubt I'd bring my dogs again unless they create a closer area for them to do their business.

Room tip: I was on the Pet Floor/21st floor, so be prepared for dogs to run out of rooms accidentally, and various barking throughout the day/night.
1  Thank BeyondBordersTrav
Reviewed July 8, 2020

Great time at The Showboat Hotel during my visit to Atlantic City for the fourth of July weekend. The hotel is right on the Boardwalk and literally a few steps from the beach.
Very good price considering it was a holiday. Room was clean and the view of the ocean was exceptional.

1  Thank Warren D
Reviewed July 8, 2020

I spent the 4th of July weekend at the Showboat with my husband and 3 kids and was not disappointed! To start, the hotel and room were impeccable… clean and beautiful. We had a suite which was the perfect size for our family. The staff was so helpful and made this place run like a well-oiled machine…. Given we are in the midst of a pandemic, I felt safe in the hotel because of the proper precautions taken with limiting the number of people in the elevators, masks wearing in all public areas, and plenty of hand sanitizer all around. They were strict about following the rules which is exactly what I wanted to see. The only word of advice I have is if you plan to come anytime soon, make reservations for dinner ahead of time because restaurants fill up fast. There are plenty of places where you can pick up “fast food” but if you want a nice sit-down, reservations are a must. Overall, we are super glad we decided to spend the weekend at the showboat and will definitely be back again soon!

Room tip: I recommend the suites for large families.
Reviewed July 7, 2020

The worst ever the first room was old and dingy then the AC wasn’t working then midnight THERES a leak coming through the light in the bathroom so we tell them the next morning they moved us to a beautiful suite only to be told we weren’t supposed to be there then we check out and they double charged my card I’m livid the worst experience ever will never stay there again

Trip type: Travelled with family