34 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$40
Expedia.comUS$176
Hotels.comUS$176
TravelocityUS$176
All reviews bourbon tower surf bar steel pier ferris wheel valet service this past weekend view of the ocean katrina boardwalk boxing ac sharky celebrity
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2021

Let’s start with check in. As I’m checking in I hear a lady complaint about her stay there saying it was a horrible experience and that showboat hasn’t been the same since. I didn’t really think nothing of it since it was my first time there. Soon as I got to the room I was mad disappointed. It was supposed to be a non smoking room with 2 queen beds. Beds were actually full size and there was weed smell all over the room. There was no housekeeping. We checked in Friday and checked out Sunday and no one came up to clean the room at all. When we saw the bed with regular bed sheets on Friday afternoon we asked for a blanket. We did not get that blanket until Saturday night when we went out in the day and was coming back in and the blankets were on the door outside. The heat vent that was supposed to be a AC came off and we could look inside the vent had a lot of dust. Like they didn’t take it off and clean it. The water ran down slow in the bath tub and the sinks as well. I booked this hotel because it was on the boardwalk and because it had stuff to do inside such as the casinos, pool, restaurants and other amenities . I came to find out that everything was closed and that they are getting rid of the casino inside. I know we are still in a pandemic but what they could’ve did was to update their website stating that even though the hotel itself is open that everything inside it was closed. Or closed the hotel until everywhere was fully open again. I had a horrible experience with this hotel and I will not be going back there. I will be staying either at Tropicana or Cesar but definitely not here. Do not waste your money staying here!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank triciasG9830ZB
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2021

Thank you for the specific feedback about your recent stay. We are sorry for your disappointment with our housekeeping service and apologize for the concerns you had with your room. We will share your comments with our housekeeping as well as our maintenance teams and make sure the problems you outlined are resolved. We are also disheartened to read about the service issues you encountered and take steps to ensure we are more consistent in our service delivery. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back and redeem ourselves.

Reviewed May 6, 2021

I had just drove into town from Florida and was just having a pretty rough day in general until Amanda completely turned my day around with a random act of kindness. Even though I was having a bad day, I always try to be nice to everyone I come into contact with but I guess she somehow was able to see through my charade and went out of her way to make my trip amazing. Out of nowhere, she calls me and tells me that she's going to upgrade my room for me for free. I was speechless and wished I could give her a gigantic hug, if course I couldn't because of covjd but I def would have lol.

Such a nice gesture at the absolute perfect time and since she would not take any type of financial reward from me, I decided to write about her here. Hopefully her superiors see this post and understand the kind if quality Employee they have. Thanks Again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2021

Evan, thank you for staying with us at the Showboat Hotel and for your kind review. We love knowing you had an outstanding stay and that our team left a great impression. They work tirelessly to provide the best service, down to the smallest detail. We will enjoy sharing your kind comments with Amanda; we appreciate that you mentioned them by name. We hope you will stay with us again whenever your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed May 4, 2021

My wife and I were in town visiting friends and one of them recommended the Showboat for our stay before departing on long trip home the following day. Check in was a breeze and the staff friendly. We were very pleasantly surprised with the room, as they took the liberty of upgrading us to a Jr Suite because "we have the room available and we want to make your day". Wow. The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the rain shower was great. When we checked out the following morning, the manager (Steve) was greeting departing guests. He introduced himself and asked if we had a couple minutes he was excited to show us some upgrades they were making in a portion of the lobby. He toured us through a bunch of amazing things, such as a huge game room and everything looked very cool. He said the area was opening in mid-May and he hoped we came back to check it out. This was a nice personal touch to a short but great visit.

Date of stay: May 2021
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2021

Thank you very much for the terrific review. We are glad your stay at the Showboat Hotel exceeded all of your expectations. We are committed to providing the most comfortable accommodations while you enjoy an amazing time in beautiful Atlantic City. Everything we do is aimed at providing an excellent experience for our guests; therefore, we thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the efforts of our associates. We hope you and your wife choose us again as we would love the opportunity to host another visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2021 via mobile

This hotels offers solid customer service! We were treated with respect. All staff were friendly and professional. Exceptional cleanliness throughout the property. Overall, the Showboat is a first-class hotel with an upscale environment worth every penny!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure reading your fantastic review of the Showboat Hotel. Everything we do is aimed at providing an excellent experience for our guests; therefore, we thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the efforts of our associates. Also, our primary focus is on offering our guests comfortable accommodations at reasonable rates, so we are thrilled to have earned your five-star rating. We appreciate you being our guest, and we hope you will stay with us again next time.

Reviewed May 3, 2021

I came to Showboat because we were attending a dance competition. I pulled up to valet parking (the only thing I would give a good review to except they charged me $25) and there were prostitutes standing there at the entrance to the hotel. Then I walked with my daughters into the hotel where everything is closed and the hotel stinks like marijuana. Great lessons to teach my 14 and 17 years old daughters. The casino was closed as well as everything else is boarded off. The hotel is disgusting and I would NEVER go back, even if they paid me to stay at hotel!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Heather D,

Thank you for being our guest and for the feedback. We are committed to providing our guests with a fulfilling stay; therefore, we apologize for the issues outlined and the difficulties you and your family encountered. We appreciate you sharing these concerns and are grateful for your patience. You have our assurance that we will address your comments appropriately. Thank you and wish you safe travels.