“Complimentary room at the Water club !”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Palo Alto, California
“Complimentary room at the Water club !”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was visiting NJ and I checked my online account from the borgata from 4 years before....surprisingly I had a free room. I selected the water club from the drop down menu and booked for friday night. Great room Great view great check in great everything. Wifi 9.95 and some NJ tax for 5...all charged to my borgata red card ...which had 44 dollars on it....what a fun place.

Room Tip: high floor ocean view ...just ask and check in before 6pm
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mrittmayer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The Water Club has a very fresh look to it; the common areas are breathtaking and have a very sophisticated feel to them that I was not expecting out of an Atlantic City hotel, nor any American hotel, to be honest. I like the modern design, but they made it tasteful without being too over-the-top. First impressions of the hotel were out of this world.

The room was very comfortable. The bed had great linens and stylish accent pillows. I also thought the bench at the foot of the bed was a nice touch, and the bed's headboard was beautiful. The bathroom was also chic and practical. I cannot think of a single complaint about the room's design or quality.

The pool, the bar/restaurant were all top-notch. Absolutely no complaints with anything, and the pool staff were really fun to interact with.

The only complaint I have with this hotel is quality of service. For what you pay (weekend rate), you do expect a higher level of service associated with most five-star resorts. I found the level of service here to be quite amateurish, particularly at the reception desk. For example, I saw one receptionist finish with another guest, so I started to move towards her to complete my check-out, and she put her finger up to me to indicate that she needed a minute. A simple "I will be with you in just one moment" would have sufficed. Hand gestures are pretty unacceptable at this type of establishment. Granted, American levels of service are generally nowhere near what you might find elsewhere, but it is always something that I take note of. If the staff were more "polished", I would give this place a 5 out of 5, but as such, I think that it cheapens the experience a bit when you have such uncouth staff members.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank DCTraveler1979
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Water Club over President's Day Weekend. Overall the hotel was very relaxing and beautiful. There is definitely a distinct feeling of calmness when you walk in. Check in went incredibly smooth, arrived Saturday around 4 pm and there was no line.

Loved the room and the view. The bathroom was great, loved the overhead rain shower with the option to have a regular shower as well. The lighting was a little dark in the room and especially in the bathroom. There were a few things that I was not a fan of: (1) the remote to the TV was disgusting, it looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time (I would bring a few of those sanitizing Clorox wipes and give it a good wipe before using), (2) this is just a personal preference but the dark colors of the linen (sheets/towels) was not appealing to me, I'm a fan of crisp whites at hotels, and (3) the mini bar is just ridiculous. All of the staff that we met were genuinely helpful and nice. Love that the hotel was off to the side so it wasn't as loud/hectic as the regular Borgata can get and it was just a short walk to all the craziness of the casino.

My favorite part of the trip was the amazing truffle fries in the Sunroom lounge behind the reception desk. The Sunroom generally had a great vibe and was perfect for taking a gambling break. We spent a few hours in there, munching on the truffle fries, hanging by the fireplace and doing some great people watching.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for an even better view/quieter room.
1 Thank dp203
Park Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is a very beautiful hotel - very modern. The spa is excellent. My only comments/suggestions are:

-The mini-bar: if you move anything in there or take something out to look at the label and put it back, you will be charged. Apparently they dont have someone who comes around to see what was actually eaten/drank. We were checking out the minibar but didnt eat or drink any of it and still got charged for the items we moved.

-I did not see one person in the hallways while we were there- I had thought it would be really quiet, except we heard someone from the next room talking at 2am- like he was in the room with us!

-The pool area is beautiful however the pool is freezing! Hardly anyone was in it. Also the temperature of the air in the pool area I thought was cool. I would have thought it would be more tropical with all the trees, etc. Maybe since the room has such high ceilings, its hard to heat but I had to cover myself with a towel to keep warm. If it had been warmer in there, people may have gone in a cooler pool.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Borgata is the most deluxe hotel in Atlantic City. Although the Water Club is the newest tower, the rooms and spa are comparable to the original Borgata hotel. The Water Club rooms are spacious and ours had a beautiful view of the marina and ocean. The bathroom was a bit more modern than the Borgata tower, but the combination rainfall, hand held shower was a challenge to figure out.

I’d give the concierge at the Borgata a C- as she was not that friendly and sent us to a place that was closed. She needs to do better homework before making recommendations.

The abundance of good restaurants, boutiques, two huge spas, year-round pools, dance clubs, live music and casino gives the Borgata a resort-like feel. There really wasn’t much need to leave other than to do some serious shopping at the Pier or the outlets. If you do decide to leave, you have the convenience of a short cab ride to boardwalk.

When you stay, the jewel of the Water Club is the Sunroom restaurant and bar. This little oasis is a breath of fresh air and light as it literally transports you out of the dark and noisy casino into a lush tropical retreat. The staff is extremely helpful, young, friendly and beautiful. The cocktails and food are fun and fresh. Try their original Bloody Mary made with mustard seed or the colossal mini-Croque Monsieur ham and cheese sandwiches. Wine service is personal and generous as it’s poured table side.

Eight thumbs-up from four girls who stayed at the Water Club for a weekend get-away.

Room Tip: Use your My Borgata membership card when making reservations for a discount on room rates. Also be...
1 Thank AlliHossack
New York, NY
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Some Background: The boyfriend and I went down to AC for 2 nights in February for the long weekend. I'm used to going to AC about once a year while he's never been. We went to vegas together about 2 years ago and stayed at the Encore and then he went last year with his sister and stayed at the Wynn and the Cosmo. In all the years I've been going to AC I've never stepped foot in the Borgata let alone stayed there.

We decided to heard down (both live in NYC) for the weekend for a quick escape. We were both apprehensive given what I've experienced at AC hotels before (Tropicana and Trump Plaza) and I knew we were going to need to actually relax. I'd heard Borgata and the Water Club were the best so we booked there. Are they a lot more than the boardwalk places? About 50-100% more expensive in some cases but the money was WELL worth it. Upon walking in we both said it had a very Vegas feel. Somethings reminded us of the Wynn or Bellagio. (some things - not all mind you.)

We got to the hotel around noon and checked in but were told the room wouldn't be ready until about 2:00 at the earliest. We went to the outlets and got back around 2:45. The only thing that was kind of annoying (and the only thing the entire trip) was that they put a $150 PER NIGHT hold on your credit card for potential room damage.

Anyway, we went back to reception and were given our keys right away (29th floor). We had reserved a Vista Room and they were really worth the extra money. Having the corner window as amazing and the room seemed larger than the Club Rooms. (Photos included). Spa appointments the next day at Immersion were also amazing, as was the whole spa. The regular indoor pools on the ground floor were also really nice but the pool on the 32nd floor was really the best. Very tranquil.

Room service breakfast each day was perfect and delivered very promptly and always 100% what we wanted. The bathroom had a rainfall shower head which I wanted to take home with me! Between the 3 indoor pools and the shower it was easy to see why it's called the water club!

Bottom line - we're probably going back in April for another weekend and bringing friends with us. Until the new Revel opens and has had some times to work out their opening kinks we're only staying here in Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Vista Rooms are larger and on the corners
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We really enjoyed our stay- everything was lovely! very much reccomend! The Spa was very expensive though... I'd reccomend just paying for spa access for the pool and locker area. They have lite snacks and it is amazing sitting by the pool from the 32nd floor and overlooking all of AC!

Room Tip: Asked for a room overlooking Atlantic City skyline
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple