1,484 results
All reviews tun tavern miss america club level train station outlet stores self parking saturday night late check king bed crowns boardwalk ac memorabilia pageant jitney expressway convenience
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Most of the Sheraton buildings are way too large but poorly maintained. This location was a convention center location but the rooms needed an upgrade. If it were not for getting points towards my Marriott account, I will never enter a Sheraton building. There is no Marriott location close to Cape May and this is the only option. An average location.

I requested to get access to the Concierge Room and was shocked to find plan coffee and bars only. No fruit and nothing was offered.

This Sheraton can be converted into a nice Residence Inn.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
SheratonAtlanticCity, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We have shared your comments with our team and working to make improvements for our guests. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to AC to see our improvements.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

My family and I stayed here one night for a family function. The front desk service was top notch...friendly, courteous, and professional! Our room was clean and comfortable. We had no problems.....Had plenty of coffee, water and snacks at club level too. Thank you

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike_KOZ
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Check-in:, Sat, 9/15 about 4pm

We are SPG gold level members and used the check-in line reserved for SPG gold/platinum. There was no wait. A 'Starwood' property is supposed to offer a room upgrade, if one is available. I had to ask about it. Since they could not offer a junior suite, I asked about a room on the Club floor. The agent said they had no rooms available so, again, I had to ask about having our room key allow us access to the Club. She did that.

Room 1447
Climate control does not work. The room temp was set to 65 degrees when I checked it. FAN was set to HI but would not change from MED. The temp never went below 72 degrees. The sink delivers only HOT water. The cold is a trickle. Shower was OK. Toilet is pressure type, so it's darn noisy for a few seconds, but can disturb sleepers. (BTW, the adjacent room is a suite. It was unoccupied during our stay)

NOTE: This property places vending/ice machines on every other floor. Floor 14 is one of those floors. Be advised that, the vending area is not enclosed. It is about 1/4 the distance from the elevator lobby to the end of the corridor and is adjacent to and directly across from guest rooms.

Parking:
The hotel has dedicated parking spaces within the AC Convention Center garage. The hotel charges $17/day for parking with unlimited in/out. Valet parking is available. It's a long walk from the hotel lobby to the parking garage. Then, when you get your car and card out. You have to exit at the far end of the garage. If you're picking up someone at the hotel, you have to drive about a mile and make three right turns to get back to the hotel. There is a convoluted way to use the skybridge from the hotel to the convention center, but it's still a long walk. At least it's 'inside' if the weather is bad.

The walk back from the garage to the hotel can be easy if you enter via the Tun Tavern door and take the elevator to the left. Not an option if the elevator is out of service. It wasn't working during our stay and staff in the tavern mentioned that it had been out of service for at least three days. It was still down when we checked out.

COMPLETE DISORGANIZATION AND ZERO COMMUNICATION:
We prefer to check out via the room TV. The Sheraton offers this service and first shows a summary of charges (basically the room folio). I was shocked to see a $119.00 charge as the last item described as 'Room Charge QU'. I pressed the 'guest services' button on the room phone. I asked who charged $119 to my room. Without going into the number of times this person failed to understand the issue, I spent nearly 20 minutes trying to get an answer to 'what is this charge for'? I finally gave up and figured I'd take it up with the front desk. It's now about 9:15am on Sun, 9/16.l I then pressed the 'Bell Captain' button on the phone to get a bellman to take our luggage. I let the phone ring for about a minute. Then I tried again. Again, NO ANSWER. I had to call 'guest services' again to ask if the bell captain had keeled over and died. That call resulted in a bellman showing up in about five minutes.

CHECK-OUT
I went to the front desk to inquire about the mysterious $119 room charge. Before even pulling up my folio, she said, "There's something wrong with the TV checkout system. It show double room charges. Here, your folio shows only one night's stay. (The TV system showed I was charged more than $236). SO, IF THE PROBLEM IS KNOWN, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T GUEST SERVICES KNOW ABOUT IT??? WHY DID I WASTE 20 MINUTES ON THE PHONE WITH GUEST SERVICES??

This is a management failure.

ONE FINAL WORD:
A global trade association to which I belong has used this property in the past for region meetings. I don't think the Sheraton will be asked to bid on our 2019 region meeting.

Stayed: September 2018
SheratonAtlanticCity, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We are so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We have shared your concerns with our team and will make sure we make improvements in these areas. We would like the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact our Executive Office directly to share more with us.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a very nice location. It is right in the heart of Atlantic City and attached to the convention center. Everything is walkable including shops, restaurants, and casinos.

ROOM (#1001)

My room was upgraded at check-in due to my Platinum status. The room was bigger and a little outdated showing some wear.

The room had a king bed with 2 night stands, sofa chair, desk and chair, dresser, mini fridge, microwave, a safe for valuables, closet with hangers, iron and board, coffee maker, clock, and 5 outlets + 4 USB outlets for electronics. The AC worked well.

BATHROOM

The bathroom was clean. The only issue I had was drainage issues with the water.

There was a toilet, sink, bathtub and shower, a hairdryer, and 2 outlets for electronics.

GYM/INDOOR POOL

The gym was decent. It was clean. There were dumbbells from 5-50 pounds, a Bench, a cable machine, 5 ellipticals, 5 treadmills, 4 stationary bicycles, and exercise balls.

The indoor pool looked nice but I did not have a chance to use it.

LOUNGE

The lounge was fairly spacious. They do not have food offerings in there like typical Sheraton lounges. There was water, nutri-grain bars, and I believe some apples, available 24 hours. They did not have breakfast service or evening service.

RESTAURANT

I had breakfast in the lobby restaurant (inside of cost bc complimentary with Platinum status). The food was buffet style and was decent. They had eggs, quiche, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, breads, French toast sticks, and cereal.

OVERALL

The hotel is in a great location being at the convention center and in the heart of Atlantic City. The room was a little outdated but it was clean and comfortable. The gym was quite sufficient for a workout. The lounge was nice but was disappointed they didn’t offer any food services inside. The breakfast was pretty good. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is old and needs updating.it is clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. The WiFi is good. The TV’s are smaller not the larger ones that are in the updated Sheratons. The parking in across the street at the Convention Center. Tun Tavern is a great place to eat and grab a brew. Well worth the experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business