1,516 results
All reviews chart house fire pit pool area self parking bay view casino floor hotel casino friday night slot machines table games gn grotto vic boardwalk borgata tubs couch
Reviewed January 9, 2015 via mobile

Love this resort my friend gets comped there so he flew up from Myrtle Beach and we stayed New Years Day night for a 3 Night Stay. This is the old Trump Marina all redone is beautiful, modern & clean. Rooms were new, no odor and decorated very modern. Restaurants are great and hotel was not overcrowded so you could get a seat if you want to gamble. Most restaurants there had happy hour so was reasonable. The rooms are renovated and no musty smell. Bed very comfortable too. We are dinner at the Chart House was delicious and the happy hour appetizers are great with a view of the Marina with floor to ceiling glass windows. Good drinks too. Staff very friendly. I'll be back.

4  Thank Terry Q
Reviewed January 8, 2015

We stayed there only for 1 night but it was perfect. Room was spacous with good view and big sofa. Room was clean, however I am very sensitive on this.
We used the buffet restaurant for breakfast and a'la carte restaurant for dinner and we were very satisfied. The service was very good.

Date of stay: November 2014
3  Thank Zsolt H
Reviewed January 6, 2015

The hotel is extremely noisy all hours of the day/night. As other reviews have stated, the walls are like paper! The room was extremely nice with a comfortable pillow top mattress and comfy couch. We did have one stained towel and one with a hole in it. The room had a safe and refrigerator. The bathroom was very small, one could not have the shower door open if someone was using the restroom. Overall a good place to stay if the price is right.

3  Thank ica1972
Reviewed January 4, 2015

First, let me say my husband and I have been visiting this casino/hotel since it was Trump Marina. It is much nicer since Golden Nugget took over and renovated it. Our past experiences have, for the most part, been positive...but this trip was a disappointment.

We stayed Christmas Eve and Christmas night for a short holiday getaway. We had a marina suite which was very nice and roomy. One problem here was the connecting door to the suite next door. During our stay, the couple next door had a toddler who liked to scream and kick and pound on the connecting door. On Christmas day, while my husband was in the casino I had a relaxing massage and went back to the room to take a short nap before getting ready for dinner. No sooner had I started to nod off the toddler next door started his tantrum. After about 40 minutes of on and off tantrum and parent yelling to stop (which he did for maybe 10 minutes at a time) I called the front desk to complain. Keep in mind we had been dealing with this since the night before. Within minutes a very nice security guard came upstairs and I talked to him briefly before he went to talk to the people in the suite next door. It was quiet for a little while but then when the toddler started again the parents idea to quiet him was to turn the TV up...very loud...so loud that when standing in the bedroom of our suite...clear across the living room from the connecting door...I could pretty much hear the TV like it was in our room. At that point I gave up, got my shower and my husband and I went down to dinner. When we came up later that night after dinner and some time in the casino all seemed quiet...and into the next morning too...not sure if they moved or checked out.

Sine I mentioned dinner, I must point out that we were extremely disappointed with the Buffet for Christmas dinner. Only having 3 places open to eat on Christmas Day we chose the Buffet since we had enjoyed it in the past. Big mistake! We waited over 20 minutes in line just to be seated and we arrived 15 minutes after they 'opened'. On top of that, the food was not very good. For example, at the carving station I wanted ham but since it was almost gone I asked for turkey which after it was put on my plate I noticed was pink in the middle. I was not eating pink poultry! I definitely would have requested my money back ($26 per person) if we hadn't had a BOGO voucher.

One positive was that the hotel didn't appear to be at capacity so the casino wasn't overcrowded which was nice, but the slots were VERY tight. I was not expecting to win big or anything but the machines were barely paying anything. Very rarely did I see or hear anyone win anything worth getting the least bit excited about. Just what we wanted in a short getaway..."Merry Christmas GN, here is all my money".

Also, from a security standpoint, there was no guard, not even a podium for one, near the elevators to check room keys before letting people in the elevators. During our past visits there was always someone there, 24 hours a day. Not having this made me not feel very safe. I don't know if it wasn't staffed due to being 'off-season' but security and the feeling of safety for your guests should always be a priority.

Overall, seeing that the hotel wasn't that crowded for the holiday, my husband and I were both very disappointed with our visit and are considering trying the Borgata in 2015.

Date of stay: December 2014
6  Thank Tammy T
Reviewed January 4, 2015

Nice hotel, not great,but certainly good enough. Nice place to relax, do some gambling and 2 really good restaurants in Vic and Anthony's and the Chart House. Go to the spa for a massage and ask for Laura A. One of the best in the biz!

2  Thank Tim L