6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
HurbUS$69
Expedia.comUS$69
TravelocityUS$69
CheapTicketsUS$69
Orbitz.comUS$69
TripadvisorUS$69
1,671 results
All reviews chart house rooftop pool gn grotto vic h2o casino ac boardwalk lilies tubs borgata couch slots gambling valet line
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2020 via mobile

Ok I have stayed here for years and have had ups and although I see a few areas that can use a small upgrade overall it’s a nice place. Was strange with bars and restaurants on I side closed but service at the pool and the deck was top notch!! The girls work non stop to assure guests are treated well and are always attended to. If I had a recommendation during this time is I would maybe change up the menu on and off so varieties are available during this tough time, maybe offer pizzas from the grotto on occasion as an evening pick up option. I would also maybe rotate the slots on occasion so if staying multiple nights there is a larger variety. Cleaning of room was fantastic and never really felt uncomfortable in Casino as security was stopping anyone not wearing or incorrectly wearing a mask which surprisingly was an issue. The benches outside in valet area was a nice little place to sit relax and have a cigarette if needed but I was amazed at how disrespectful some of the guests where in leaving the area filthy every evening with garbage etc on tables, ground etc. Wish everyone on site the best and hope can return to normal operations in near future!! Thank you

2  Thank golf715
Alicia Brown, Owner at Golden Nugget, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2021

Thank you for your kind review! We hope to see you again in the future! -GN

Reviewed July 8, 2020

Haven’t visited in a long time. Decided to stay one night the week after the 4th of July Weekend . Didn’t know what to expect since we have been on lock down since March. Check in was very fast and given a room 2 hours before the 4 o’clock check in time. View of brigantine island.
Everyone employee was following the covid protocols. Did not see one incident where social distance and mask wearing was disregarded. I think people were so happy to do something fun for a change
The room on the 25th floor was spotless. The lighting has large round shades, reminds me of the 70’s, very cool looking. Huge club chairs you fall into you can view the beautiful scenery.
Now the beds deserve their own paragraph. This, without a doubt, was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
Plenty of space for clothing. Comfortable temperature. If you like high power showers, this one can be set as a fire hose.
Plenty of space to play your favorite slot machines, never had to wait. The popular slots are well represented unlike other casinos where it looks like a mob scene of people waiting for a spot. Wipes and hand sanitizer are readily available all over the property. It is a little hard to play long periods before you want to take a break either outside or in your room to unmask.
Ordered sandwiches for lunch room service and was very satisfied with the quality. Where do you can those wonderful potato chips that they came with? Had a nice pancakes and egg avocado wrap take out for breakfast.

1  Thank AcesFull

Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to your next visit with us! -GN

Reviewed July 5, 2020 via mobile

For starters the hotel is really nice looking, its big there's lots of things to do inside, like a spa, the casino, the bar, and the pool. Thats about the only good thing I have to say about this place.
I planned this little 'day'cation with my girlfriend as a birthday gift. I called the hotel in advance to make sure things would be opened due to the whole pandemic going on, they informed me that after July 2nd the hotel should operate as it normally would, just with the practice of social distancing. So I asked again to be sure that the pool and even the after hours pool and bar, the spa and the casino would be open. I guess I had annoyes the person on the phone because they started to be very rude and short with me. She actually said "I just told you everything will return to normal operation after July 2nd" and I was a bit taken back at the response but just accepted that statement as that. I went on ahead with booking for the 3rd into the 4th of July. We got there, around 8pm. I checked in, we went upstairs unpacked got into our bathing suits, and started to head to the pool. Before we left we noticed the bathroom was very messy, there were feces on the inside rim of the toilet bowl and pee stains on the toilet and behind the toilet itself. And in the shower there was open soap packets sitting in the corner. Wasn't sure if they missed a spot because maybe they were busy, but we just asked if they could come up and clean it when they get a chance. They never came up even after calling a 2nd time. Anyway, we get to the pool and they tell us that the pool is closed and that the after hours pool would be closed as well until 11am the next morning. So we go back to our room and get changed and walk the boardwalk instead. Very lively and honestly not that far away from the hotel maybe about 6 mins drive, no traffic. We come back to the hotel around 11:15pm, and we try to order from the hotel. They told us that they serve lunch and dinner from 12pm-12am. The menu looked extremely appetizing. Unfortunately for us, the front desk failed to mention that the kitchen closes 1 hour earlier. So we couldn't even eat the food they had to offer. So we were forced to get something delivered. Next morning came, we were optimistic about the day, hoping it would turn out better than yesterday. We tried going to the SPA. They were closed too. We contemplated going to the pool again but considering their pool opens at 11am and checkout is 12pm, that would have given us less than an hour to swim, get back to our room and change, pack and checkout. So we just went to our room packed up and dropped out keys off at the drop-off box and left. Our stay was a nightmare and we were looking forward to having a good time. A nice getaway and it was just a horrible experience all the way around. I would never read this hotel. And to be honest, I don't usually say bad things about any places, but this was a giant letdown. Especially because it costed me over $400 and all we did was sleep in the bed.

4  Thank MrJDAY

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience with us. Can you email us more details so we can look into this further for you? GNACSocialMedia@gnacm.com

Reviewed March 22, 2020 via mobile

We were in town from Florida for a family funeral. Walked into the room which was warm and smelled like mold and mildew. I will say this is not a new problem, it’s an old problem, as when I lived in NJ and frequented the Nugget it smelled moldy and musty back then. I now am reading they have bed bugs too! Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else unless you don’t mind smelling this horrible stench! Spend some money and clean your ventilation system and clean your bed bugs up! Stop pretending this doesn’t happen and your rooms smell awful...

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Jet406510

Reviewed March 9, 2020

We just came back from the Golden Nugget Atlantic City and when we checked in for our room they said there was none available which was understandable since we were early on a Saturday morning. We knew we were getting a suite, so when our room was ready, we were given a suite on the 6th floor, the H2O suites. When we got into the room, it was so unbearably hot but we were told that we had to call housekeeping for them to turn on the AC. I called housekeeping right away. We unpacked as we were waiting because housekeeping said they were sending someone right up. Well I called again, and again and even called maintenance to open the door (these suites have door to the outside) and when he came he couldn't open the door because he said we probably would not have been able to close it. He even called housekeeping and said they were sending someone up. We even had to open our door to the hallway just to let some cool air in. Again we waited and after another call to housekeeping who said that we were 12th in line and had already been over 45 minutes - I called the VIP check-in. Emily who is wonderful and very accommodating answered. I told her the situation and said we really never complained about any of our rooms but we could not stay in this particular room at all because it was just so hot and that we had waited for housekeeping who never came. So I asked if we could be switch and like magic, Emily was able to find us a room in the Spa Tower. We were so grateful to her that we packed up quickly, got the new keys and off we went. Thank you Emily for having our backs. She is one sweet lady and always able to help us in anyway and this particular time it was so very much appreciated. I cannot understand why those suites needed housekeeping to adjust the AC and/or heat. That is something the customer should be able to do to their liking. Again many thanks to Emily who is friendly and always tries her best to find us the best accommodations. We absolutely love the Golden Nugget but no more H2O suites for us.

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank 19Maggie47

We appreciate your review and hope to see you again in the future! -GN