“Tasting Menu”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Spouse and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience and the food here. I never expect much from a casino/hotel restaurant, but was surprised and happy. Beautiful interior. Enjoyed each and every dish that was served. Although it didn't look like a lot of food, we were stuffed when we left. We both agreed that the fish tacos were our favorite from the tasting menu. The one piece of advice that I will give you, is that the food comes quick... and (2) dishes at a time, which I did not love about the meal. I was eating my lamb chop, and they had already taken away the plate with the delicious sauce that accompanied it. I actually had to ask them to slow the meal down. The meal I would say would have been served in approximately 1 hour to 1:15 minutes, which was way to quick for my liking. Other than that, highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 4, 2018

My wife and I have eaten at most of the restaurants on the top 10 list, including all the ones at the Borgata, and Izakaya served us one of the best meals we have had, and the best by far at the Borgata.
We had a party of four, and tried multiple small plates and sushi, and enjoyed everything we ate. Our server explained how best to order and being there on a Saturday night, we never felt rushed, in fact our server suggested to order as we go if we wanted to try something new.
No reason to go back to Buddakan again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Wonderful atmosphere, sort of romantic feel, a little dark, delicious drinks, with a Japanese flavors.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Very happy with the meal me and my wife just had. Started with Tuna roll Brussel sprouts and edamame. I had the short ribs w sushi rice and lettuce wraps. Excellent. Wife had the scallops also very good. Ordered a Herradura tequila on the rocks. Waiter failed to tell me it was the Suprema bottle at $65/shot. That was a bit disturbing. Otherwise the restaurant is excellent. Usually go to Cafe 2825 but wanted to mix it up a bit. Glad we did

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Although service was a bit harried-not enough staff-our server was on top of the game-attentive-sharp and nice guy. Food was very good-Blue Fin Toro and Miso Cod. The Chef should show up some time and ask customers how are we doing? I will return.

Date of visit: July 2018