“Nice time and plenty of choices!!”

Izakaya in Borgata Hotel
Ranked #17 of 442 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed dining here this past Monday night. We chose many different options from their Monday menu. The sushi was delicious, the ribs very meaty with great flavor, tacos were consistent as we had 2 orders and the sliders were ok, pretty much tasted like normal burgers. The service was good right off the start but then really went down hill by the end of the meal, as we waited for at least 15min for our waiter to get our check. We sat at the bar where they were grilling the small plates. Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

On Mondays, Izakaya has a 'Happy Hour' menu that runs all night, which include food and alcohol. They have many options with plates at $6 or $7 and alcohol even cheaper. I've also eaten here on full-price days. Normally I sit at the Bar and the service from Anna and Winston is excellent, quick, informative and friendly. All the food is excellent and I particularly like the rolls and the Robatayaki.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Spouse and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience and the food here. I never expect much from a casino/hotel restaurant, but was surprised and happy. Beautiful interior. Enjoyed each and every dish that was served. Although it didn't look like a lot of food, we were stuffed when we left. We both agreed that the fish tacos were our favorite from the tasting menu. The one piece of advice that I will give you, is that the food comes quick... and (2) dishes at a time, which I did not love about the meal. I was eating my lamb chop, and they had already taken away the plate with the delicious sauce that accompanied it. I actually had to ask them to slow the meal down. The meal I would say would have been served in approximately 1 hour to 1:15 minutes, which was way to quick for my liking. Other than that, highly recommend!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

My wife and I have eaten at most of the restaurants on the top 10 list, including all the ones at the Borgata, and Izakaya served us one of the best meals we have had, and the best by far at the Borgata.
We had a party of four, and tried multiple small plates and sushi, and enjoyed everything we ate. Our server explained how best to order and being there on a Saturday night, we never felt rushed, in fact our server suggested to order as we go if we wanted to try something new.
No reason to go back to Buddakan again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Wonderful atmosphere, sort of romantic feel, a little dark, delicious drinks, with a Japanese flavors.

Date of visit: August 2018