See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I want to start off by saying that the motel seems to be owned by a very nice family who was courteous during check in. But here we go.The room is Filthy. I mean mold on ceiling slime on wall dirty. VERY large roaches roaming room.The smell when I entered nearly brought tears to my eyes. Unwashed towel and washcloth. No casino even remotely close so that's an out and out lie. But that's NOT the worst part. First when I asked for bug spray the clerk said no?! I can enquire about it with her husband when he returns later that evening! But saving the best for last: At about 930pm that evening I went to the store (to buy roach spray), but when I came back my key card did not work. I went to the office to get this taken cared of, but no one was there and no one returned. So finally at 11:38 I called TripAdvisor to explain the situation and they spent 20 minutes calling Sunset but could not get a response either. So thankfully they put me up in another hotel. Unfortunately it was a $16 cab ride to the new hotel, $16 to go back to Sunset to collect my things the next morning and then ANOTHER $16 to go back to the new hotel (Which TripAdvisor refused to give me ANY compensation toward, so shame on you TripAdvisor.) Do I need to say more?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank DennisM3934
Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

The worst place I have ever stayed at. No towels, no phone, cold shower, windows would not lock, stained sheets, blood stained carpet, and got double charged. Not to mention the creepy hole in the ceiling in the closet that could fit a person through. Would be better off sleeping on the beach or in your car.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank kyletoasted
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

We booked a room at this motel for $70 on Expedia. It was significantly cheaper than any casino, but honestly it was overpriced considering the (lack of) quality.
Unpleasant check-in experience. They charged an extra $10 to park - even though the lot was otherwise empty and there was no alternative parking.
We were greeted by a mattress and bloody towels outside the door of the neighboring room (see pic below).
Our bathroom was poorly cleaned, the bath towels were a joke, and the quality of the bedding was very low. No fitted sheet on the mattress, blanket was gross.
On the upside, the AC worked, the TV was functional, and there was hot water.
One last thing - you can't walk to the Borgata from this place. It's separated by highway, and there is no safe footpath. You will have to take a cab to and from, especially because the area around this motel is sketchy.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Abby M
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Dirty, smelly.. No fitted sheets, average mattress and dirty bathroom... Room was horrible, I can't believe they are still allowed to remain open. The room cards stopped working one night and no one opened the door , we rang and rang and eventually after 30 minutes the manager came out, he said it was closed and he was asleep... It's a motel for crying out loud! They couldn't speak English... No vending machines at all, and in a very dangerous part of town. Avoid at all costs

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anna F
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Horrible check in experience. No fitted sheets, one pillow, heavily stained sheets and mattress. Two thin and skinny dirty towels, no toiletries and we had to kill one reach and one spider. No housekeeping. And it turns out that there's two hotels on the same block with same name which was confusing as well

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple