“Free rooms”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I've been going to Atlantic City since I was 21 years old, but only recently at age 27 have I discovered the Resorts Hotel Casino. It was about a year ago from writing this that they renovated and revamped their schtick -- it's now 1920's themed. This happens to be an excellent coincidence since the 1920s set "Boardwalk Empire" HBO show is also in AC.

Anyway, I've been going to Resorts for a year now and they're treating me pretty well. I find time to go down every few months or so, for a weekend or if I have time off from work. I go no more than 5 times per year, but they have given me a free hotel room every time I've gone.

I don't lose that much in the casinos, and I'm not a "high roller," but they obviously value my business because I keep staying for free. I've stayed in all kinds of rooms. Some are dirty and dumpy, while others I can't believe they were given to me free, they were so nice. Two giant bathrooms!

I'm the type of guy who will sleep on a couch if necessary, so, take my review for what it's worth. All I'm saying is, if you're in the area, sign up for a card at Resorts and play a little bit downstairs. You'll start getting offers in the mail shortly thereafter.

Room Tip: Ask for the tenth floor in the older tower, or the lower levels in the renovated tower.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank neurohr-pierpaoli
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

On behalf of all of our associates I would like to thank you your comments and I am glad that you liked our newly furnished rooms. I have taken the liberty to share all comments and suggestions with our management staff.
We all hope to see you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Resorts Casino Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and i been coming to atlantic city for the past 7 years. June 9th is my wife 33rd bday and our 7 year wedding anniversary. We've yet to stay at a hotel on the boardwalk and this june we would like to. We are going back and forth with the resorts casino seeing how beautiful it is when we are there, however we keep reading upsetting reviews in regards to the stay of others. We are going to finalize and book our room this weekend i just pray that our experience is nothing like some others that claim that there experience was horrible. This is so important to us that i even called and asked all type of questions. For the price our expectations are up there. One of the hotel workers told me to choose oceanview towers rather then the other. Should we or Should we not?????

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Please call me directly at the property 609-344-6000 and ask for me (my name is right above the answer) so that I can arrange the right room for your anniversary and your wife's birthday. Thank you for staying at Resorts.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed in the Ocean Tower, on a livingsocial deal

Valet for my entire stay was only $5. I really appreciated that because self-park appeared to be some distance away and I would not have wanted to go out there each time I needed something from the car. My room was just off the elevator and when I saw the stained and damaged door, I was already nervous.

When I entered, I was pleased that the room was HUGE and the furniture appeared to be good quality wood. The brocade bedding was also very pretty. I'm not usually observant of such things as furniture quality because I normally stay at chains where the focus is mattress/bedding quality, but still...

The room was so large, in fact, that I could barely see the cathode-day television set from bed. Speaking of old stuff, the bathrooms (there were 2 for some reason, although only one bed) were a little gross. I think they were clean, but there were discolorations and cigarette burns on the plastic parts of the toilet. The grout in the shower was dingy (I only used one shower) and the tile on the floors was cracked. I wished I had brought shower shoes. The towels were in decent condition, however.

I'm not a persnickety traveler by any means, but even I did not want to go barefoot on the dark-colored carpet. There were crusty white stains in some parts (not bleach spots, but like actual spills) and generally it didn't look clean.

The. spa. was. a. joke. I'm so serious. The hotel advertised a steam room/sauna/jacuzzi and an indoor/outdoor pool. However, the sauna was not operational. Only men were allowed in the steam room. The jacuzzi was also gross. Tile was badly discolored. Perhaps the discoloration was merely old age, but it looked very much like dirt. The pool was fine, I suppose. Pool chairs were tattered though and I didn't want to sit on them. In all fairness, I failed to google the meaning of "indoor/outdoor." I now know that this term means that the pool is completely indoors with large windows facing outside, lol. It's fine, because it would've been to cold to swim outside anyway. I considered ordering a massage, but I was so turned off from the spa area itself, that I couldn't imagine.

The buffet was solid. No complaints. I also ate at the Eastwind. Again, nothing to report.

Room service was a fool. I ordered a sparkling water, ice and a corkscrew. My total amounted to ~$9. But at checkout, I had to pay a $26 surcharge for in-room dining tax or some such. I was very annoyed at that because I specifically asked about additional charges and I was told that I would pay the price of the order, plus a $2 fee and a 18% gratuity. Nobody told me about a nearly 300% tax.

I went to Night Fever and paid a $20 cover to see a reggae band that was performing. They left the stage for good 5-10 minutes after I arrived. I asked the attendant whether anything could be done about refunding/comping my cover, but he said he was unable to help. I thought it was worth a shot. He did end up buying me a triple shot of Jack to ease my pain.

The location was decent, right on the boardwalk. Again, it was too cold to take advantage of this amenity, but I have to give credit where it's due. I won't ever ever stay there again, and I'm sort of frustrated that I ever went there in the first place. Shopping til I dropped in nearby Tanger outlets put it all out of my mind :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank A K

On behalf of all of our associates I would like to thank you for your comments on your stay at Resorts.
We take all comments and suggestions seriously and I have forwarded your positive comments and less favorable observations to our management staff who will follow-up.
We are spending a great deal of time continuously upgrading our facility and offerings and it is comments such as yours that help focus on what is important from a guest stand point.
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back at some time to show you how better we have become.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I enjoyed staying at Resorts Casino. It was a nice room. The pool was nice as well. However there are some improvements that I think can be made. The bathroom smelled really bad of mold. The shower head had mold on it and it was really dirty. It was kind of gross. There were several drop down ceiling pieces that were pretty dirty and not even place correctly. The pool towels were so small and thin that I had to use 2 just to dry my upper body.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Personally and on behalf of our associates I would like to thank you for staying at Resorts.
We will be focusing on the bathroom in the next few months and are in the process of hiring a new crew who will be making this their top priority.
Also as of today we have a new crew at the pool and spa facility and you should see some changes in that area on your next visit.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your visit with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

First of all my son and family went to their room on the 11th floor and the windows had no stopper on them and could be opened fully and also could come right out of the frame. They have a 6 and 9 year old, How could that be allowed. There are some real safety issues at this resort.
I booked this stay online with Orbitz. I called hotel one day before arrival to request rooms near or adjoining since we had three different rooms. Other two reservations were there but mine was not. Couldn't understand why not because one of the other rooms were booked at the same time as mine. After calling Orbitz to resend mine and waiting for an hour I called reservations again, each time requesting the 3 rooms together. They still couldn't find my reservation and after being on hold for 20 minutes they did find my reservation. Said my name had been spelled incorrectly (it was spelled correctly on Orbitz) Requested again to make sure about rooms being near and was told it was definitely noted. Showed up at the hotel and we had rooms on 3 different floors. When I told my story the desk clerk said there were no notes about the rooms being together. Asked for the manager and he looked at me and said there were no notes there, like it was my problem I didn't out it in the notes. The desk clerk (who was very nice) said that it happens all the time that reservations doesn't note the requests and she gave us a 60.00 comp which was very nice of her. Unfortunately this place is falling apart. I hate to write bad reviews but this was ridiculous.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Right after I received your comments I had a full inspection done on all of our windows in the Ocean Tower. The advantage of staying in an older building is that the windows do open. The disadvantage is that this can create a potential hazard. As such, years ago, safeguards were installed on all of the windows. In the case of your room it appears that a previous guest decided to bend and unscrew the safeguard. And we are now inspecting these windows regularly.

I also checked your reservations. It appears that you reserved the rooms using 2 different booking methods and for this reason these reservations were not connected to each other. I would suggest that you use the same booking agent, wheter by voice or internet to increase the chances of getting all 3 rooms together. Unfortunatly we are at the mercy of previous guests checking out on the right day and at the right time to ensure 3 rooms together and for this reason we never guarantee this.

On behalf of all of our associates I would like to thank you for staying at Resorts and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

On the east coast for business and had to stay over the weekend. I decided to go to Atlantic City instead of staying in my room in Philly. Checked out the rates on the web and decided on Resorts based on the reviews I read about it.
The doorman Eddie was friendly and welcoming. I really loved the location on the Boardwalk. The weather was perfect so it made the whole weekend. Resorts offers so much. Night fever night club is great for the older crowd and the ProBar on the 13th floor is just fun to check out (thanks John) The energy through the place is just fun.
The check-in was effortless and quick. Looked like Yolanda, the manager, was trainiing a few people and I was the benefiary of the additional attention.
The room was clean and the housekeeper (forgot her name) acknowledged me when walking down the corridor. I needed an extra towel.. no problem as it was delivered quickly and with a smile.
I one thing stands out here it is the people. Might not be the newest casino but the staff is really what makes this place. Thank you everyone... I will be back with my wife.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing our staff’s level of service and especially Eddie our doorman and Yolanda our Front Desk Manager. It will also be my pleasure to share your comments with everyone in housekeeping at Resorts on your great experience with us.
See you back again very soon!.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Resorts is a very special place to Atlantic City since it is the very first casino to open there. The newly furnished hotel is a breath of fresh air from what it used to be thanks to Dennis Gomes (God bless his soul) when he took over this place from certain bankruptcy. But what this place sorely needs is an affordable place to eat besides those fly-ridden chuck wagons on the boardwalk outside the front doors of Resorts. The buffet is way overpriced for quality of food, but much better than Trump Plaza or Bally's. Breadsticks is also ovepriced but good. Forget the steakhouse unless you have a wad of cash. The coffee shop next to breadsticks has good prices for coffee, but don't get anything to eat there. Again, overpriced food for 7-11 quality sandwiches unless you want a muffin. The drink service here while playing slots is really outstanding. The girls come by often and do not take very long to get back to you. They also have happy hour at the bar in the middle of the casino where they offer draft beer for 2 bucks. (at least they did last time I was there a few months ago) I think the happy hour lasts all night long...LOL!
But seriously, Resorts! Take a clue and get it right and start offering affordable eats to the bread and butter of your business which are slot players. Loosen your slots a little and get some slices of edible pizza and delicious hotdogs, pretzels and plenty of mustard!
Please, Resorts!! Get some tables on the boardwalk outside your doors and serve the above.

Room Tip: get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rey D
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

On behalf of all of our associates I would like to thank you for staying at Resorts and I am glad that your felt that the newly furnished rooms were a breath of fresh air.
We take all comments and suggestions seriously and I have also forwarded your comments to our food and beverage management staff who will take another look at what can be done.
I should mention that I shared your comments with our team on the service level you received while staying with us and they all join me in the hope to welcome you back on your next visit.
SIncerely