“bday weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
new jersey
“bday weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I will say upon entering the hotel is beautiful and I loved the casinos as well. We pay $230.00 for the night and with taxes and fees was like $289.00. The room was really nice and I loved the shower alot. The only downfall was the average television. I was expecting a better one being that this is the "Borgata". I have stayed in less extravagant hotels and the televisions looked alot better. The place is very upscale therefore, expect to spend $$$. I will also add that the security to the hotel was excellent they are outside 24/7 therefore u will very secure. The pool and the jacuzzi was so beautiful that I will def go back to bring my kids here.

Room Tip: beautiful pool and jacuzzi
1 Thank disneyjc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the Borgata a couple of weeks ago for a friends bday celebration and it was fine but the room was bland. Not ipod dock and its probably in need of an update. I won't be staying again, not that Atlantic City is my favorite destination.

Room Tip: I wish we would have stayed at the new hotel, The Water Club.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Central NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed at the Borgota for 1 night and have to say this use to be a great hotel but has gone downhill. Housekeeping shoul be ashamed of themselves. On entering the room a shoe was found sticking out from the chair and a children's book was discovered on the side of the bed. Leaves you wondering if room was actually vacuumed. Although have to say better than. 6 mo ago when we found a used condom next to the bed. Hubby and I both agreed this will be last stay at the Borgota...time to find another casino.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank marilyn1025
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Was out for a conference and really liked this hotel! Several interesting, albeit expensive restaurants and bars set up on the perimeter of the gaming floor which gave it a definite 'Vegas' vibe. It had been over 20 years since my last trip to Atlantic City and happy to report this place hit on all cylinders. The spa/pool on the 3rd floor was beautiful (wish I could have spent ANY time there!) My large king room was spacious and very comfortable with easy access to the casino.

NOTE: The Borgata is on the bay side. If you are hoping to stroll in the sand, this is not your place.

At the far end of the casino is the second property. The Water Club is more of a boutique resort than one might expect to find in New Jersey and I would ABSOLUTELY advise staying there if you can. Definitely a more quiet and romantic experience . Despite it being closed mid-week this time of year, we got to take a quick tour. The main pool area is fairly tropical and very secluded.

Definitely exceeded my expectations for my current conference schedule. Next week La Cantera in San Antonio. Stay tuned!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank rtbasic
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Borgata on Dec 18, 2011. We did get a great rate of $69 plus tax for a Sunday evening only. We thought we had hit the jackpot as we have spent many same day trips to the Borgata and always enjoyed this casino. So we were very much looking forward to spending our first overnight at this hotel. We arrived on a Sat and were able to check in early, thank goodness. I guess all the anticipate build up of this hotel was too much, as our room was a bit of a let down. We had a standard queen bed room. The room was not at all what I had expected and not up to par with the class of this hotel. The room was small, but that was alright, however, the rug was filthy, the chair was one complete mess of stains, of the 5 lamps in the room, only 1 was working. Upon investigating the need for more light, (the end table was full of dust bunnies) and we found that the other 4 lamps were unplugged and 3 of which did not even had bulbs, "no bulbs"! The nice marble tiled shower had someone else's leftover hair on the wall. The whole room was a complete let down. We have stayed in many hotels in Las Vegas and all were much better and cleaner than this one. Also have stayed in Harah's Atlantic City on the bay a few years ago and it was also a better room. That said, we had made reservations at Bobby Flays for our anniversary dinner......only because the other 4 fine dinning restaurants were closed, along with many of the casual restaurants too. Only restaurants open that weekend were Bobby Flays, and only 3 out of the 6 casual dinning options were open! The Gypsy bar and Long bar were both CLOSED also. We were looking forward to relaxing with a nice cocktail before dinner, but could not. Whats up with everything at Borgata being closed.....no notification on their website. I know it's the week before Christmas, but the hotel had a lot of people and upon talking with other guests, there was a consensus of disappointment with the level of services offered that weekend. The only saving grace was the Comedy Club. We had tickets to the Comedy Club, which was the only enjoyable part of our anniversary weekend. Also as a side note, not that important, but the hotel was not that decorated for the holidays....when we were at Harah's a few years ago at the same time, each floor had some small token of a holiday decoration. To sum things up, this is not the class of hotel that they portray, as the cleanliness of the room leaves A LOT to be desired. Most definitely need to pay more attention to cleaner rooms. We will be staying at a different hotel for our anniversary next year!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marie_SanFran
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Borgata was a nice upscale hotel for the Jersey shore. I appreciated the room service and pool. Rooms was large and clean. Of all the choices in AC, I would choose this one again.

Bayville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have been going to AC for the past twenty years and have stayed in every casino there.
When we were there in July 2003 staying at Harrah's, we decided to take the jitney over and check out the Borgata. I had never played the slots (loved roulette) but decided to try the Wheel of Fortune. After about an hour, I won $560 and earned 35 comp dollars which we used on food. Needless to say, I was sold on slots and the Borgata.

We've been going ever since then almost exclusively to Borgata (occasionally stay on the boardwalk in the summer). Sometimes we win sometimes we lose, but we always have a great time. Over the years have made friends with many of the employees (mostly bartenders :) and have never had a bad experience with any of the workers. Housekeeping, front desk, dealers are all very friendly.

I've had a Black Card for about seven years, so my rooms are always comped (which is a great bonus). We also frequent the Amphora which is the Black Card Club. Great people there and excellent food.

They are almost done with the renovations to the rooms, which is great because they were really showing their age. We stayed in one of the redone rooms last week and they are really beautiful. The reason for the four stars instead of five is the bathroom. I don't understand why they spent so much money to redo the rooms, but did nothing to the bathroom. Still had same chipped tiles in the shower, shower door leaked all over the floor and the sink didn't drain. We have had these problems before in various rooms, but thought since they were renovating, they would have dealt with these issues.

Other than that, this is still our favorite casino in AC. We will check out Revel when it opens to see how it compares.

PS: Visit the B Bar. Play some video poker and while you are playing your drinks are comped. Best bartenders in there. Love them!

Room Tip: Try to ask for high floor, city view. Beautiful at night.