“Ok, Not Fabulous”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2017

We mainly went because they advertised $25 lobster dinner. I really wasn't impressed with that a lot of water came out of its claws and it it was a bit tough. I wished I would have gotten the crab legs. But the Lobster & Crab Bisque I thought was delicious, it was some of the best I have ever had. Out waitress was also very nice, I would probably go back.

Ron G, Manager at Atlantic City Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Sorry about the lobster. Thank you for your business Ron. Lobster we can make sure they steam it longer next time or put it in the oven

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

We were staying at a hotel nearby on the boardwalk but coming from a show at the Borgata and we had the jitney drop us off here because I remembered the great reviews & menu. I knew they served food late so we gave it a try...& so glad we did! We arrived around 11pm and sat at the bar. The area around the bar is chock full of cool celebrity photos of peeps who've dined here. The vibe is definitely AC in its prime. There are a few tables around the bar area and a few steps down is a large separate dining room.

We were promptly asked what we wanted to drink and we pretty much stuck to draft beer. We could see the bartender making cocktails and they were heavy pours! You will get your drinking money's worth here if this guy is the regular Saturday night tender. We perused the large menu which I had done a few days earlier. You will find a seafood centric menu with a lot of emphasis on Italian dishes too. There are lots of steak/sandwich/burger & even pizza options as well. I wanted to try a bit of both and went with the linguine with "white scampi" sauce & shrimp and scallops. Holy crap was that a winner! Btw, you can get this and most other dishes of course with red sauce. They are not stingy with the heavenly basket of bread (which was refilled without us asking). I soaked up as much buttery garlic sauce as I could! My friend was boring and had a cheeseburger, but did say it was cooked to a perfect medium rare and had excellent flavor.

My one quibble which has been mentioned before is the fact that you must order, catch the eye of and pay the waitresses for your food separate from your drinks. I just find this setup extremely awkward and I find myself being put in a spot to tip more money than I would with one check. That is pretty much the only reason I gave the place 4/5. Also on the plus side is they have their own large parking lot for those of you driving...although I would designate a non imbiber to be at the wheel coming here.

I will surely return here on my next visit to AC and might do lobster...or steak...such first world decisions!

Ron G, Manager at Atlantic City Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Thanks for your visit and please return.Ron

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I enjoyed a solo dinner at this long time bar and grill restaurant. The wait staff was efficient and friendly. It's weird when you sit at the bar the bartender takes your drink order, however you need to wait for the server to take your food order. I can't remember if I had to pay each individually. For was pretty good and a short walk from the Wyndham timeshare.

Ron G, Owner at Atlantic City Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Thanks for the visit. Great review.. Ron

Reviewed August 20, 2017

A great variety of food and specializing in seafood, this place has quality and great selection and reasonable prices. I can't say enough about the steak, on of the best in AC!

Thanks for you review and please stop back when you can .Ron

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We stopped in for happy hour. The clams casino were very hot and bubbly. The flavor was very good. The beer was very good, the house wine was OK. Our waitress was excellent and very fast. I would like to return for dinner

Thank you for your review and visit .please return when you can ...Ron