“Still the Best Seafood in Atlantic City”

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 399 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Atlantic City
“Still the Best Seafood in Atlantic City”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We visited on a VERY BUSY Wednesday night. We called for reservations three days in advance and the earliest seating was for 8:00 PM, which is a little late for us. But, we wanted to eat at Dock's, so we made the reservation. We were seated at 8:05, Very good considering the crowd. It was a little noisy because of the huge crowd, but not unbearable. The Maine Clam chowder is the best anywhere. The fillet of flounder stuffed with crab was delicious, as was the Filet Mignon. The pound cake with chocolate ice cream was wonderful. The service was very prompt and attentive, despite the sell out crowd. Once again, the Dougherty family excels!

• Visited March 2012

Los Angeles, California
“I can't believe this is the #1 restaurant in AC!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and I were both shocked by the quality of the food after we had our meal. The seafood tower for 2 was pretty good but we have had better and the entrees were a disappointment. I had the scallop entree which was loaded with oil and didn't have any flavor to it. All i could taste was salt. My husband's entree was the sushi grade tuna which was also okay. Myabe we are used to excellent seafood since we live close to NYC but there are other restaurants in AC such as Seablue which are amazing. Another downside to this place is that the tables are very close to each other and the lady next to us wouldnt stop talking to us which was very annoying. We would not go back!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Upas12
npdsgt618
“A Great Atlantic City original!”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

always outstanding. great food, great service. an AC legacy

New Jersey
“The top seafood HOUSE”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Regardless this is the TOP SEAFOOD HOUSE Nothing More to say --100 yr old --eat there when i was a kid now 65 years still doing it

Crozier, Virginia
“Awesome Birthday Destination!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Went here with my husband to celebrate my birthday and it was fantastic. I know why they have been in business since 1895. I had their Main clam chowder and it was served with the clams still in the shell - it was like a creamy potato soup with the addition of the clams. My husband had the fried oyster dinner and said it was the best oysters he has ever had. If we ever return to Atlantic City, I will visit this place again.

• Visited February 2012