“Very pleased!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dock's Oyster House

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 393 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Very pleased!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Went to dine late on a Sunday with a group of eight people. Very nice menu, great food, great find for out in AC! Everyone loved the food, from the apps, entrees to the desserts!!
We will be back soon!!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank letseattime

Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Did not like the rude people sitting next to us. Wish we had more room or more privacy.

Visited April 2012
NJ
“Excellent Sea Food Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

A great place to eat and always busy which speaks to the food. A shout out to Sara who looked after us on Good Friday and was professional and friendly as well. If you like scallops, I have never had better! Nice sized portions and everything we ordered was very tasty! The desserts looked yummy but alas no room left, but I will try them at some point. Worth the visit, valet parking, great food and service!

Visited April 2012
South Beach, Fla
“The BEST Atlantic City has to offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

With all the casino restaurants ....and all the flavors of the month. Dock's is simply the BEST Atlantic City has to offer. We have been going to Dock's for last 15 years and my parents for much longer. The seafood and the fresh oysters are always better then any other place. The service is always first class . Even my Pookie could not find anything to complain about. ****** 6 stars xoxo Kasha

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington
“Service remains great! But the food quality this visit was extremely disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Everytime I visit AC, I make sure I dine once at Dock's during each hotel stay. This time around however, I was extremely disappointed; not in the service but the quality of the food I ordered. As my entree I ordered the Jumbo Lump Crabcakes and had them add some Fried Oysters and a side order of Onion Rings. While the crab was tender, the crabcakes did not have much flavor to them during this visit. Plus, the crabcakes did not appear to be made up of quality jumbo lump crab and also had small pieces of soft shell in them as well. As for the fried oysters, even though they were good they were extremely small in size. My entree came with seasonal vegetables which were very good in quality and also an extra side of cole slaw which was very good as well. As for my side order of onion rings, while crisp they were very oily/greasy and had very little onions in them. As a matter of fact, I could see oil residue at the bottom of the dish they came in. I suspect the chef did not drain the oil long enough nor used enough paper towels to help absorb up the oil from the rings. I brought the oily factor to the attention of my waiter but he did not seem very concerned; to a point I feel he kind of brushed my comment off. This visit turned out to be a very unpleasant dining experience for me personally, due to the downside in the quality of these two seafood items I had come to enjoy. During a previous visit, while my crabcakes were tasty and well flavored without any shells, the fried oysters were still very small in size. The time before that, the seafood used to be that of superb quality. Now after this most recent (March 30th) visit, it's gotten to the point whereas I almost don't want to return again! My fear is it appears the quality is diminishing or they are skimping on quality to the point it's no longer worth my money or dining visitation. Aside from that, the service was still great and I did tip my waiter extremely well (30%) considering the negative quality of their crabmeat, oysters, and onion rings. I honestly do not know whether it's worth returning back. I found this visit to be a real bummer and only fear the quality will continue to diminish downhill as opposed to it returning to the top I've been accustomed to receiving during past visits.

• Visited March 2012