“Best place I've stayed in A.C.!”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have stayed at the Wyndham Skyline Tower twice in the past 4 months. Once in the beginning of August for a business convention. A business associate and I both got 1 bedroom deluxe condos. Then again just this past weekend for a bachelor party. We had 2 2-bedroom deluxe condos and a bedroom deluxe condo.

Each time check-in was quick and easy. The staff was very helpful and pleasant while doing their jobs. After checking in you go to the help desk for a wristband to show you are staying there, maps to attractions and a gift bag.

The rooms were big and very clean. A Flat screen tv in the living room and each bedroom. A balcony with a view of the beach and a table with 2 chairs. A full kitchen with dishes and utensils. Also, coffee pot, coffee, hot chocolate, and popcorn.

The place is 2 blocks from the beach. And a short walk to 3 casinos (Resorts, Trump Taj Mahal, Showboat).

Parking at the resort is $10 a day (charged when you check in) and is valet. You can go in and out as much as you want, but during busy times it takes a little longer to get your car. Although, I never had to wait long for mine.

The only negative is that the resort has 2 regular elevators and 1 freight elevator. During busy times, it may take a while to get a elevator. That was the case in August. Not a problem last week.

I will definitely return to the Skyline Tower on my next stay in A.C.!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank djsmoky

Reviewed 21 October 2011

My first time to Atlantic City in 19 yrs for a ladies get-a-way. I was able to use my timeshare points here. I'm so glad i did. It was was well above my expectations. The staff was super friendly, hotel was spotless, fast elevators, comfortable mattresses, flat screen tvs. What else do you need? We had a 2 bedroom. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was an indoor pool, also kept clean and activities section which we didn't use but did walk through and it looked like lots of daily activities offered for children . We planned another 2 night getaway in November here and are very excited to be staying at the Skyline again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank roadrunner27
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I booked the Wyndham Skyline Tower for August 7 - 10th, 2011.
When Valet went to get my car we put our luggage in and left because we live in Long Island and just wanted to get home. But, at one of the rest stops in New Jersey, we had to get something out of our luggage and noticed that the bag with our tools were gone. Then we checked the rest of the car and found that they took everything from the glove compartment. As soon as I got home, I called Wyndham Skyline Tower and spoke to Denia, who was very helpful and she advised me to file an insurance claim with Wyndham's Ins. Co.
She said it would take about 4 weeks to receive an answer back. 8 Weeks later, we heard nothing from Wyndham. I called Wyndham and was told to speak to a Mr. Finer, Security Manager and left 3 messages and no returned phone calls. I also called Wyndham Headquarters and they said nothing could be done. I WILL NEVER BE RETURNING TO WYNDHAM SKYLINE TOWER. As per Wyndham Headquarters, the week I stayed in Wyndham, there were 4 other ransacked cars, and they still couldn't do anything about it.
SO BEWARE OF YOU VALET PARKED CARS.

Room Tip: Elevators Terrible - I stayed on a lower floor and took the stairs down.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I booked two separate suites for a business trip at the Wyndham and even though I paid a higher price than many of the casino hotels offering deep discount I know I selected the best place. Upon arrival the check-in process does take a little longer than what I am accustomed to but the associates are friendly and do their best with the process. Both of the Suites I had were great! The rooms were extremely fresh, clean, and well appointed. It almost felt like I was the very first guest in those rooms. The kitchen, living room, bedroom, jacuzzi, bathroom, and even the balcony were spotless. Several associates made our stay even better by their great customer service and friendly attitude. Sweta P. and Wendy were great, as was the security guards on duty each evening and also the guys in the valet area.
If I have to be in Atlantic City for business or pleasure there is no doubt where I will choose, The Wyndham Skyline Tower!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th Floor and it was perfect. Next time I will try a higher floor for the outstandi...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I booked this room thru, travelnow.com. I happen to arrive early, 10:30 am and was unable to get into a room as housekeeping was cleaning and people were checking out. This was a Sunday and very understandable. I wandered to the boardwalk and returned at 1pm. After complaining of being so tired and hot to the reservationist, a room was suddenly available . I was very grateful. The rooms are furnished as pictured on the internet. The bathtub in my room was chipped, cruddy bottom of tub, shower head was low as other people have posted, and the shower curtain was stained. The furnishings were 70's style and a chair was stained.The refrigerator did not close well. The kitchen is a nice feature. All appliances and dishes appeared to be clean. the coffe pot is a nice feature also. The plastered walls reminded me of an old building and was very unappealing. The carpeting by the stairs on the sixth floor, entering the pool area was stained. I kept asking myself, I am at a Wyndham?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank deborah95
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is unbelievable. We booked and paid in full for a deluxe room at Atlantic city Wyndham Skytower for 13 nights over 6 weeks before our vocation. Called three times before our arrival, first time 4 weeks before arrival, than 2 weeks, than 6 hours before arrival. We had a simple specific request, to place us in the middle of the building away from roof (ac noise) or garage (car parking) noise. We also told the receptionist about our late 10pm arrival. Needles to say, what we arrived at 10pm and were told because we arrived that late we only have a room three floors above the roof on the 9th floor. And we couldn’t get an upgrade because our booking is for a long period (for two weeks). This is our second stay at the place. Both times we stayed for about two weeks. We also couldn’t get any refund or credit for car parking for this inconvenience. In this economy and a room occupancy percentage rate this customer service is unbelievable. The only thing we got was a standard apology from a clerk: “We are sorry, but there is nothing we can do about that “.

The room safe was locked. Had to call front desk to have it unlocked. The coffeemaker wasn’t working. It was never replaced.

At the time of arrival we were informed what because they are staying for two weeks we are entitled for one full room cleaning and booking clerk scheduled a specific time cleaning appointment. At our surprise a day before cleaning we received a couple of calls from front desk asking us to schedule the cleaning appointment. After scheduling the appointment for a second time, we left the room the next day, left some tips on the table. When we returned, the room wasn’t touched. We called the front desk, they said we weren’t in the room, the housekeeper couldn’t enter the room or didn’t have permission to enter the room. What kind of place is that where you need to be present in the room during cleaning which take 1.5h (time quoted by front desk).

The building tests their fire alarm system every week on Saturday morning between 7-8am. And that’s after Friday night nightlife! They have a very loud speaker next to smoke. First week we were waken up with loud repeating (every 7-10sek) message saying what emergency system has been activated. After continuing for 15minutes the next message was to evacuate the building, some people were walking the stairs from 30th floor just to be told on the 6th floor by some worker, not by their emergency system what they can come back to the room. SAME THING HAPPENED ON THE SAME DAY THE NEXT WEEK!!!!

There are only three elevators in the building and they are pretty slow. Forget about using an elevator till about noon if you’re staying on the lower floors. Building staff are using their elevator control keys. They will just bypass your floor. I was waiting for 15 minutes and only way was able to get out was when bell person stopped on our floor and loaded a cart.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Ted S
Reviewed 17 September 2011

STAY DETAILS
September 9-16, 2011 (but only stayed for the weekend)
2-bedroom corner unit
Rate: $139 exchange rate via RCI (timeshare)

I highly recommend this hotel for its location, cleanliness, and the spacious units/rooms. I would definitely stay here again if I ever want to go back to Atlantic City. However, I don't recommend Atlantic City for non-gamblers like me. For more photos, feel free to contact me.

LOCATION
It was one big block away from the boardwalk, but a little more north of where most of the boardwalk activities and people were. It was right by Pacific Ave where you can catch a Jitney. Since the place was located closer to the North end, the area by Pacific Ave and Atlantic Ave looked a little shady. I wouldn't suggest walking there at night. Drive or catch a cab.

The hotel didn't have a casino. But Resorts casino was right next door. Taj Mahal and Showboat were also close by. You can get to the other casinos on the boardwalk by Jitney or just walking on the boardwalk. It was also an easy and short drive to Borgata and Harrah's by the marina.

If you're looking for a place to eat nearby, restaurants on Pacific Ave are less expensive than on the boardwalk of course. We ate at Perry's Cafe (Pacific and Tennesse Ave) for breakfast and it was good. It wasn't nearby, but we decided to try the famous Waterfront buffet at Harrah's. The food was delicious and there were a lot of selections, but I had better. We paid $30+tax per person.

PREMISES
The hotel didn't have a big loading/unloading area. However, the street right infront of it wasn't so busy that it didn't pose a problem. The lobby was nice and adequate in size. The hotel overall was very clean. I saw people cleaning all the time, especially on the 6th floor where the activities center and other amenities are. The place wasn't as big as the other known hotels/casinos, but I liked it that way.

The default temperature was a little on the cool side. It wasn't a problem coz you can control the temperature in your unit anyway, but it's gets really cold in the hallway.

There were only 2 guest elevators and 1 service elevator. Because of the number of floors, there may be a wait for the elevators. We didn't experience that much wait maybe because it was no longer peak season. We experienced the longest wait on Sunday morning when a lot of guests were checking out.

STAFF
They were all nice, from the front desk to the building cleaning crew.

If you have a larger vehicle, make sure to tell the valet the height of your vehicle. The building's parking has a clearance of 6'5". One day we forgot to tell the valet and we saw our vehicle hit the hanging clearance beam as the valet moved our car. Thankfully, there was no damage. Valet parking was $10/day.

At Guest Services, they offered us free goodies in exchange for our participation in a seminar. This time, it wasn't a timeshare sales seminar, but an introduction to the new and future RCI as part of the Wyndham company. We said no and they left us alone. They did give each of us a welcome goodie bag with travel size lotion, toothpaste, etc.

Make sure to stop by Concierge for info about the area. The Concierge was very helpful. We also got The Walk's (outlet) coupon booklet for free, usually $5.

Since it was a timeshare exchange, there was no housekeeping service during our stay. You can call them for more towels or to pick up trash. Otherwise, there was a fee.

UNIT
We got unit 1111, a 2-bedroom unit. It was clean and pretty spacious. Each bedroom and living room/kitchen had their own AC which I like. The AC's were a little loud, but tolerable. There were LCD TV's in each bedroom and living room that looked like 37".

The kitchen was well-equipped with fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, cooking and dining utensils. The appliances weren't stainless steel as pictured on the website. We were also provided with hand dishwashing and dishwasher detergent, and laundry detergent. However, there were no washer and dryer in the unit. There was a shared laundry room on the 6th floor that was free for guests to use. There was only one phone in the unit and it was located in the kitchen.

There were king-size beds in each bedroom and they were pretty comfortable. We haven't used the sofa bed, so I don't know how comfortable it was. The shared bathroom was a decent size with a tub. However, the master's bathroom was smaller with a shower stall. There was a jacuzzi in the master's bedroom. The bathrooms were supplied with Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner, body and facial soap, lotion and mouthwash. There were also more than enough towels.

The balcony was a decent size with 2 patio chairs and a small patio table. Be careful when going out the balcony, the frame of the sliding glass door was a little high and we almost tripped on it a couple of times.

AMENITIES & ACTIVITIES
Pool
The indoor pool was on the 6th floor and was open 8am-10pm with no lifeguard. The pool was small, probably only 2 people can do laps at the same time. The time (morning) we were there, it wasn't crowded at all. The pool was heated which was nice.

There was an indoor jacuzzi, but only slightly warmer than the pool. It wasn't warm enough for a jacuzzi in my opinion. I haven't tried the outdoor jacuzzi tho.

There were cushioned patio chairs and small patio tables by the pool. You can find lounge chairs by the outdoor jacuzzi.

Fitness Center
I just got a glimpse of it and it looked tiny. But the times I got a glimpse, it wasn't crowded - only one person was using it.

Game Room
The game room had an air hockey table and a few arcade machines.
There was also a billiards room, but there was a $1 fee to use it.

Cyber Center
There were 2 computers with their own colored laser printer that are available to guests free of charge. This is a big plus for those who need to print tickets, boarding passes etc. There are not many hotels that offer free printing.

Laundry Room
The laundry room was open 24 hours and free for guests to use. There were 8 high efficiency front load washers and dryers, a folding table, 2 chairs and a TV. We were provided with 2 packets of laundry detergent in our unit. Each packet can do 2 loads of laundry. More detergent, bleach, and softener sheets were also available for $1 each.

Activities
There weren't a lot of activities compared to what I'm used to in other timeshares. But most of the activities were free of charge. I haven't participated in any of them, so I can't tell you how they are.

Internet
Wireless access was free. They use AT&T service and the average download speed we got was 2.83 Mbps, upload speed was 1.34 Mbps.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends