All reviews full kitchen bedroom deluxe time share valet parking laundry room timeshare property timeshare presentation elevator situation dvd player gift card jacuzzi tub the sofa bed steel pier per day indoor pool lower floor resort casino
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Location...location...location. This resort is in a perfect location (not isolated like Borgata and Golden Nugget). The tower is 2 blocks away from the boardwalk, a 10 minute walk from Ballys, and a 10 minute walk from the Trump Taj Majal. Everyday we would stroll along the boardwalk, check out the beautiful sites, and go to Caesars and Tropicana to drink and gamble. I went for a bachelor party so we checked out a few clubs. (Dusk is a pretty nice dance club located on the bottom floor in Caesars, the Rhumba party pit at Tropicana is a great meet and greet bar, however the best dance club is Providence in Tropicana). My room (1 bedroom condo that can easily sleep 4 with pull-out couch) was absolutely gorgeous. The bathroom had a shower and a jacuzzi tub. I only have one complaint and that was the elevator. Unfortunately I was on the 13th floor, which has a fantastic view, however be prepared to wait for the elevator during peak hours from (11am - 8pm). Whenever I would attempt to catch the elevator during those hours, it was at least a 10 minute wait each time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank bmo3bball
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We checked out of the Showboat because our room smelled of stale smoke. I walked to the Wyndham after remembering that they were a smoke free property. The staff was wonderful. They gave me a tour and I had to call a number to book the 2 nights because it is a time share owner property. I reserved the room and check in was great. We received 2 free tickets to a show. Our 1 bedroom condo was excellant. Very clean and we had a great view of the city from our balcony. The jacuzzi tub was a plus. So much room and so very clean and comfy. I would definately stay here again. Just a short walk to the boardwalk.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Happiness809721
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Nice hotel with a great concierge. He helped us to get good prices on shows and limo service. There are no restaurants in the hotel, but again, the concierge gave us great suggestions.

Elevators were very slow, but we were told that A.C. would not let the hotel build the outside elevator that they wanted to build. Pool and spa were great.

We had a two bedroom suite and each had a King Sized Bed and private bath. There was also a good deal of storage space. We went for my nephews 30th birthday and had two large 2room suites.

Room Tip: We were on the 24th floor and had a great view. The best view was from the second bedroom --which we had. They really should have put the balconies on that side of the hotel since the ocean views were fabulous!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Cyndi0119
Reviewed May 6, 2012

As we drove into Atlantic City it was obvious that AC's best days are behind it! If you're looking for nice casinos and resorts spend the money on the flight and head to Vegas! We were there for a boxing match so I hope that the prices were increased just for that because otherwise I would feel bad for people spending that much money on an average weekend.
Now for the hotel, it wasn't bad it seemed like one of the nicer ones as we drove down the main drag in AC. The rooms were very spacious we had a two bedroom suite with a nice sized kitchen and 2 good sized bathrooms. One bedroom even had a jacuzzi tub in it!

Now for the bad parts...there is no free parking even for hotel guests, you have to pay $10/day for valet parking, however to save a few bucks there is a $5 and $7/ on the same block just behind the hotel. Checking in was terrible! If you are the type of person that feels bad being rude to people don't stay here! 5 feet across from the check in desk are a line of 3 or 4 desks of timeshare agents trying to make you schedule meetings with them. We politely told them that we were interested and they began to "guilt" us by telling us that we weren't helping the hotel out. I'm not sure where they got that because 30 seconds prior they just charged our credit card for nearly $300 (I think thats helping enough). We then ignored the remainder of the agents and they told us how rude we were for ignoring them. We got in line for one of the two elevators that serve approximately 30 floors, be prepared to wait! We talked to one couple who gave up and walked 17 floors after waiting 30 minutes for an elevator!
The next morning after a long night out we were woken up by three different phone calls telling us we were late for a time share meeting that we never scheduled! There were three couples in the suite that we booked so we decided to make it far the couple that slept out on the pull out sofa the night before could have their choice of rooms for the next night. After arriving back in the room in the late afternoon (after 3pm) we found our suite had not been cleaned by housekeeping. We called down to the front desk to let them know and to find out if we could get new towels sheets etc., they replied by telling us that they don't have housekeeping everyday(that was a first for me).

All in all the hotel itself wasn't bad it was everything surrounding the hotel! If you are ok with rude staff members, pushy time share agents, long waits at the elevators, early wakeup calls you don't schedule and no housekeeping everyday then I would suggest staying here! Otherwise look into the Borgata or better yet go to Las Vegas!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first couple of floors so you can use the stairs instead of the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jason G
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed at this resort April 15 - 22, 2012. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had read about the elevators being slow, so we were aware of this issue. This hotel is under some construction which was not a big issue. There are no restaurants in this place so one needs to go outside where there are many different restaurants. The 2 bedroom suite we had was quite large except for the 2 very small bathrooms. If our suite was for 4-6 people, I do not understand why the bathrooms were so tiny. And, only one sink in each bathroom. Since the bedrooms were quite large, they could have made them a little smaller and the bathrooms larger.
The furniture was old and soiled. It needs to be updated and/or thoroughly cleaned.
The exercise room was small and didn't even have a scale.

They only have valet parking. So please check your car for any damages when they bring it out to you. Our rental car had been damaged in the front, passenger's side. When we told the valet supervisor, he wrote down all the information, etc. When we brought the car back to the rental company we told them what happened, etc. The wyndham's insurance company did call us and we gave them our rental car information and phone number so they can both deal with this unfortunate issue. I wish the valet who did this would have come forward sooner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 26th floor and out views were awesome.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family