“Great Property Close to the Action”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I really liked this property. Every room is a suite, so it feels like home. We didn't take advantage of the (sparkling clean and modern) kitchenette, but I can see how that would be a big plus even just to have breakfast in the morning. Every room also had a balcony and ours, at least, had a great view of the ocean and the boardwalk.

The beds were comfy. Loved the flat panel TVs. Great bathroom amenities. Overall the suite is super modern and clean.

We didn't take advantage of the pool, jacuzzi, or game room, but peaked our head into this area and all of these things looked really well kept, clean, and fun. We just didn't have enough time to play over our three-night stay.

The only downside for me was that there was no on-premise bar or restaurant which would have been nice for breakfast or late-night.

However, it is a three minute walk to the boardwalk and the nearest full-service resort, so it's not the end of the world. I'd definitely stay here again and just bring some snacks and drinks to stock the kitchen.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, the rooms on the higher levels would be nice -- we liked 2508 which was als...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank fuzzypinkbunny

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed for Memorial Day Weekend in a 1-Bedroom Deluxe me and my girlfriend and I must say it was to my satisfaction...Plenty of living space I especially loved the 2 sinks one in the main bathroom and one in the master bedroom it was perfect for 2 ladies they also had lots of storage that was great. I understand it sleeps (4) but I think it would be a bit crowded for (4) people (Just my NEED lots of space opinion) lol...the balcony was HUGH enjoyed having coffee outside on the balcony and watchn the view with a cool breeze every morning...the kitchen is fully stocked as everyone else has said and very clean no complaints there...Also reading all the reviews about the Elevators slowness...I think we lucked up because we didnt have this problem the entire weekend as I thought it would be EXTRA slow for such a busy weekend. The boardwalk is literally 1 block away from the hotel felt safe walking to it at night definitely a plus! I didnt have any problems with the timeshare folks harrassin me as others have said...the check in counter do send you to the timeshare counter to pick up your wrist band after check in...I think I may have intimidated the lady as I told her I wasnt interested in signin up b4 she had a chance to ask me...LOL... (I Love Reviews as I wouldn't kno what to expect if I didnt read about it)...Oh and Parking is $10per day...I cant say anything bad about this hotel would definitely stay here again if I'm in AC.

Room Tip: 17th Floor overlooking the pool was a great view and quiet.
2  Thank Luvs2TravelChic
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at this Wyndam from 5/25-5/28 for Memorial Day weekend in a 2bdrm deluxe suite rm 2712 and it was awesome. The rooms were exceptionally clean and fully stocked with everything you would need. As previous posters have stated, their check-in process with getting a security bracelet is a little annoying, but you don't have to sign up for the timeshare presentation. The elevators were not an issue as others have stated, and the 6th floor activities were plentiful. I was a little worried that because this facility was so family/kid friendly that it would have been an overwhelmingly amount of children there, but this was not a problem at all. The staff was quick in answering and questions and addressing any issues. Perhaps the best feature of this establishment was THE VIEW and the location! Once I arrived on Friday and parked using the valet service I never had to drive anywhere. I attended both the Kevin Hart comedy show and Beyonce concert and both venues were in walking distance. I would definitely stay here again and recommend my friends and family to stay here, especially those with children.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than one night, you'll save lots of money by buying your own food and co...
4  Thank tmrlew
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed here for two days during memorial day weekend in a 2 bedroom deluxe suite #2612. Outside of being told to go to a counter after check in to get our "security bracelets" which really meant to let them try to sign you up for a timeshare tour it was a great stay. The elevators were a bit slow but not to the extreme that others seem to have encountered and at times there was an employee operating them. The suite was fully stocked there were more than enough kitchen items, towels, sheets blankets etc. and I can't really say anything negative about the stay. My suggestion if you can get a good rate like I did off of Ebay it is definitely worth it!!

Room Tip: You can request a low floor if you are concerned about the elevator.. The security bracelet desk is...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Marc A
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I am a Wyndham owner and the ONLY reason that this resort gets four stars instead of 5 is because I have never in my life encountered such awful elevators. I was warned though, as the other reviews mentioned it.

Location: The location is great, there is a pizza place less than two blocks away (Gino's) and the beach is close too. The hotel 'Resorts' is close by and the Borgata is a quick drive away.

Rooms: We had a two bedroom suite for a bachelorette party of 8 girls and it was AMAZING. Everything was immaculately clean and the beds were king size beds AND there was a pull out sofabed (we easily put three girls on each king bed and two girls on the sofabed). There is a kitchen with a stove and refrigerator and everything is up to date.

Service: I am a VIP owner so I was able to get 11 a.m. checkout which was nice (although 10 a.m. for everyone else is too early of a checkout). But omg the elevators are the worst. ESPECIALLY when you are trying to checkout. We waited 15 MINUTES and let three full elevators go by. Finally we decided that we had to start getting girls on there. The next elevator came with a bunch of rude people on it and they were mad that we were trying to fit people on when they had clearly done the same thing. I did NOT appreciate their attitude. Finally the maintenance guy pressed the "up" button and when we all got on, he redirected the elevator to the 1st floor. I even spoke to the front desk about it and they said that they are not allowed to build more elevators because this used to be a condo building and it's not meant to handle the speed of travelers. Ummm then why did you build a resort here where only travelers are staying? The elevators seriously ruined the entire morning. Luckily they are aware of the problem so they don't charge you for late checkout because they know you were probably wasting your morning waiting for the elevator.

4  Thank Sapna B
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Let me start off by saying we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The room was so clean that I, being the neat freak I am, thought it was clean! The entire facility was clean and in really good repair. I enjoyed the helpful staff, with the exception of staff member who emailed me a few weeks prior to our check in date. I received an email that I thought was spam. It was sent to 338 people that were not BCed but rather CCed! There were two attachments to this email, one of which was asking for our credit card information for pre-authorization, the other a pre registration form. I thought it was a joke!. But before deleting it I decided I would call the property and see if there truly was a Ms. X that worked there and lo and behold, there was! I was shocked! I asked for management to complain to and all I got was an apology. No factual statement of how they had put measures in place to keep it from happening again or anything along those lines. I was told there was no way anyone could take an email address and find out anything. I beg to differ, I tried it and found quite a few people on that email list lived in my area! I arrived at the property and was asked during the "survey" process how we rated the property. When I told them about the mishap they actually said it had happened before!

So, while I was thrilled with my stay, I am not sure I can put my privacy in their hands again. But the 4 stars is because the property itself was fabulous, and the concierge and valet employees ROCKED!

We had a deluxe room that was a very nice size! The kitchen was pretty well appointed and other than a longer than average wait on the elevators our stay was lovely!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christy C
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Location...location...location. This resort is in a perfect location (not isolated like Borgata and Golden Nugget). The tower is 2 blocks away from the boardwalk, a 10 minute walk from Ballys, and a 10 minute walk from the Trump Taj Majal. Everyday we would stroll along the boardwalk, check out the beautiful sites, and go to Caesars and Tropicana to drink and gamble. I went for a bachelor party so we checked out a few clubs. (Dusk is a pretty nice dance club located on the bottom floor in Caesars, the Rhumba party pit at Tropicana is a great meet and greet bar, however the best dance club is Providence in Tropicana). My room (1 bedroom condo that can easily sleep 4 with pull-out couch) was absolutely gorgeous. The bathroom had a shower and a jacuzzi tub. I only have one complaint and that was the elevator. Unfortunately I was on the 13th floor, which has a fantastic view, however be prepared to wait for the elevator during peak hours from (11am - 8pm). Whenever I would attempt to catch the elevator during those hours, it was at least a 10 minute wait each time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends