8 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$79
Hotels.comUS$79
PricelineUS$79
3,415 results
All reviews rooftop bar ocean front self park indoor pool vue twenties gatsby boardwalk ac casino valet concert outlets caesars
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After over a year of COVID insanity, my family decided to take a short mini vacation to Atlantic City. We chose The Claridge at Radison because it is family friendly hotel and has an indoor swimming pool. Before coming, I called several times asking them about their COVID rules. Was told must wear masks, social distancing enforced. Was also told business center is operational. Swimming pool open with COVID rules enforced. We come to the hotel, the security guard is chatting people up and literally most of the lobby (maybe 20 people) not wearing masks. And the lobby as well as hallways had many people unmasked. The swimming pool was packed to the brim with kids/adults. Security guard no where in sight most of our stay.
And now for the best part of our horror stay. We were there for 2 nights. Checked into the senatra suite. The living room has a couch that is so ripped up that stuffing is coming out. No extra pillows, no extra blankets, no hand towels (towels that are there feel like steel wool). Toilet paper rolls in both bathrooms are almost used up and no extra toilet paper in reserve. The room is ocean view but the windows are so dirty and grimy on the outside, you must really look to see the ocean. The base molding is ripping off the wall and you can see the staples that were supporting it sprinkled nearby.
I call to speak to the manager to complain about the couch. She responds with utmost annoyance (as if I am ungrateful for getting this room and should really appreciate it!). She does give me an option to change rooms or a sheet to cover the couch. I ask her if I can see the room before changing rooms. She refuses!
Come the night, we smell weed through the vents and our room becomes so smoky! This happened 2 night in a row. The hotel assures us that they will not charge us the $800 penalty for smoking because they have sensors in each room that tells them which room was smoked in. I am confused because our room is literally smoky! So their ventilation is awful too!
On our last night, our neighbors (not partying) but just have people going in and out of the room. Speaking in loud voices in the hallway. Slamming the doors. Must have walked in and out like 20 times til about 4am. My entire family (kids included) up all night! We ask the front desk if they can ask that room to stop slamming doors and if there is some kind of curfew enforced, the front desk person tells me he will send security (again incredibly annoyed that he was disturbed and also took forever to answer the phone!). An hour goes by slamming of doors continues, call the front desk and they FINALLY do something about it!
This hotel is a beautiful property, but the management is really awful! No accountability. Understaffed. Lazy! Only nice things to say is about the housekeeping (who was overworked and left to clean rooms after people who left them looking like pigsties) and the bell boy, Bob, who was incredibly professional and responsible.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin Gould, Revenue Management at The Claridge - A Radisson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Mrs. Mintz

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We value your feedback and will use it to improve our service. We do apologize that other guest did not respect your quite hours from 11pm to 8am. Also, we do enforce our smoking policy for those who choose to ignore it will be charged for smoking up to $800. As stated in your review we did offer you a room change for the room conditions and you declined. Property also compensated you for the couch that was in your room as well. We thank you again for staying with us and hope you will visit us again in the future. Thanks-Kelly Davenport, Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2021

This review starts BEFORE our stay with the intent to get the attention of:
John Gately -- Executive Housekeeper
Kelly Davenport -- Front Office Mgr.
Jean Lasko -- Reservation Supervisor
Kevin Gould -- Reservation Manager
Kay Crawford -- Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Barry Levin -- Manager, Food & Beverage
Radisson Corporate Customer Care

We just made reservations for 12 March, two nights. We are staying local due to COVID hassles related to flying.

The Claridge started with all five stars but already lost one. We tried to call to see if VUE was open and to get a dinner reservation for the evening of the 12th. That call was in vain. So we planned our time in AC without dining at the Claridge. We did, however, keep time aside for possibly having cocktails at the VUE if, indeed, it is open. Answering incoming calls needs a little work.

This is a birthday weekend. We are hoping to focus on the event activities planned and not the accommodations. Our unsuccessful phone call led us to digging into past Trip Advisor and Yelp! reviews. That left us at a coin toss: cancel now or let it ride. We hope to be coming back here to update this effort with a FIVE STAR conclusion. Can any of you listed above assure our stay will be perfect? I look forward to getting a response here to help us "let it ride."

Ed B. & Karen C.

Date of stay: March 2021
Kevin Gould, Revenue Management at The Claridge - A Radisson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2021

Hello Venture,

Thank you for your recent booking with The Claridge a Radisson Hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest. We strive to provide each guest with an outstanding experience each and every stay. We do apologize that you were unable to reach our outlets for reservations as they are closed during non-peak times. If you are still interested in dining with us, please feel free to give me call to set up reservations. Thank you and look forward to meeting you soon!!! Kelly Davenport- Front Office Manager

Kelly Davenport,Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2021

I made reservation for 3 rooms ocean view for my spouse birthday and my in-laws’ anniversary a month in advise, check in time is at 4pm we got there at 4:05 just to be told none of our rooms was ready. We were traveling for 4 hours and to be told we must wait for our rooms, was not acceptable and its Covid that means our rooms was going to be a rush clean. They offer us a suite as a so complimentary until the rooms were ready. It was a mini suite with no amities I ask for ocean view and all I saw was dirt out of a missing window curtains from the bedroom. Took an hour to get the second room and we got the last one at 7:30pm. Which we had reservation at 6:30pm for dinner that we miss, and they had no more openings and all the other restaurants was booked out. One of the other rooms had feces in the toilet and a pacifier under the chair and there were no children with our group. After getting our rooms so late mind you, we still had to check out at 11am. We were very disappointed and unhappy with poor management service.

1  Thank 368suzannah
Corporate Customer Care Corporate Customer Care, Owner at The Claridge - A Radisson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2021

Thank you for posting a review. Please accept our apology if the level of service you received did not meet your expectations. Also, we are saddened to hear that your stay was less than satisfying due to the cleanliness and availability of the room, amenities and the restaurants at that time. Certainly, this is not the kind of experience we would want you to have and my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Know that your voice has been heard and this will be forwarded to the hotel management for further improvement of our services. It is our hope that you will consider returning to stay with us again, so that we may have the opportunity to offer you an experience that is nothing less than excellent.

Reviewed February 27, 2021

we booked a 2 double beds room...which was supposed to be ready at 4pm.

when arrived at 7:30 we were told that not only we will have to wait an hour before a room will be available, but also that we will not get our 2 double beds room, since only 1 king beds are available.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Kevin Gould, Revenue Management at The Claridge - A Radisson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel for your recent stay in Atlantic City!

I am sorry to read of the negative experience you had during your stay with us. Our goal is to achieve excellence with every guest stay and we were unable to do so during your time with us. We experienced unplanned staff challenges that resulted in a delay in clean rooms being ready at the appropriate time. I apologize for this inconvenience and assure you we are working to ensure similar situations do not occur in the future.

I have forwarded your comments to our team for further review and apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay with us. I realize you have a choice when visiting Atlantic City. It is my hope that at some point in the future, you will give us another opportunity.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Gould
Revenue Manager
The Claridge -a Radisson Hotel

Reviewed February 22, 2021

Absolutely horrible! The room is cold. Heaters don't work. No hot water, no communication, checked in at 6 PM after making an early reservation. Customer service NIL! we booked this for a family event and receptionists have no idea what they are doing. Made me wait for 2 hours to check in after 4PM. and then over charged my account twice. Paid for oceanfront and gave me city view . no price adjustments, nothing.

Date of stay: February 2021
Corporate Customer Care Corporate Customer Care, Owner at The Claridge - A Radisson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2021

Thank you for sharing your review. We feel sad knowing that your experience was less than satisfying due to the condition of the room, the availability of hot water and the service that you received from the staff as well as the charged at that time. Certainly, this is not the kind of experience we would like our valued guest to have and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. Know that your feedback is highly important to us and will be forwarded to the hotel management to help us facilitate all the necessary improvements to provide an outstanding service. We still look forward to serving you in any of our Radisson hotels in the future.