“Not the best Indian Food-not even close” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Albert Palace

Royal Albert Palace
Ranked #199 of 391 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not the best Indian Food-not even close”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I were staying at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City on Monday. I have always enjoyed Indian food, but my husband was reluctant to try it. T make me happy, he agreed to try Royal Albert Palace. I was so happy he decided to give it a try. We stated with the Samosa as an appetizer. Very dry and not so tasty. For entree's we had the Curry Chicken and Chicken Madras. You could not tell one dish from the other. The rice was dry and bland and the chicken was not what I was accustomed to.
To top it off, hardly anyone spoke any English and the service was among the worst I have ever had. We were extremely disappointed. Il Mulino and The Hard Rock are much better choices.

• Visited December 2011

New York City, New York
“Amazing and Authentic Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I really like Indian food, and coming from New York City, we've had lots of great Indian food. This place was well-priced, portions were generous, and the staff was so friendly. It was some of the best Indian food we've ever had - everything was so fresh! The owner of the restaurant even came by to check on us and see how we were doing. When he found out we were celebrating a wedding anniversary, he surprised us with desserts on the house. We were so full from our dinner, but couldn't resist - they were amazing. You must try this restaurant. We'll definitely come back - especially in the summertime when there will be tables out on the boardwalk.

• Visited December 2011
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Terrible Terrible Terrible !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Never been to a restaurant that was more unorganized than this place. Even one of the servers complained about the management.One of the new hires did not even have a uniform.The restaurant automatically charged 18% gratuity for groups with four or more people and these groups it seemed got priority when it came to serving. We as a group of three people waited full 30 minutes before anyone came to take orders. The girls serving water and poppadoms were nice and smiling but that's about it. The prices were exactly twice that charged in other places. For a place on the ocean, this restaurant only had one fish containing starter and a few containing shrimp, that's it ! For the high prices charged the food tasted half as good as at other places.

The restaurant decor was good but the carpet was really sticky..

It seems Trump Taj Mahal needs to give the contract to operate this restaurant to another more competent group.

• Visited September 2011
Northern New Jersey
“Pretty long wait...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Royal Albert's is located in the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. I visited for takeout during a recent weekend trip. I order Chicken Tikka with a side order of naan. It took over 25minutes to receive my order; and when I did, I was told that rice was not included with the entree. For $24, I had a bowl of chicken tikka and naan. Luckily, the host gave me a side order for free. As for the taste, it was pretty good, but I've definitely had better for less, as there are plenty of Indian takeouts in the Northern, NJ area (where I'm from).

• Visited July 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I would absolutely not recommend this restaurant. It took them 20 minutes to take our order after we sat down. It took another 25 minutes to get our appetizers. And then another 15 mins for our dinner. One would think by taking so much time, you would get the order right. Nope. They forgot to put in all the entrees. So now an hour after we've sat down, the waitor offers to tell the chef to make the missing entrees. It would have took forever so I declined. The waitor did not even apologize. And then, they had the nerve to charge an 18% gratuity for their horrible service. The food is mediocore. There is no bathroom in the restaurant either-they rudely direct you to the casino. For their service and food, it is way too overpriced. Don't go.

• Visited May 2011