Lowest prices for your stay
US$93
View deal
Hotels.com
US$93
View deal
Booking.comUS$93
CourtyardUS$93
travelup.comUS$102
All reviews courtyard by marriott front desk would stay here again two blocks per day platinum member mini fridge friday night self parking up to date convention center lobby ac jitney nj borgata dollars
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for my birthday this past weekend with a few friends. I wanted good, clean, convenient, and somewhat quiet hotel that didn't have smoking in the lobby or really loud casino noises. This is great just for that. While this location is not directly on the boardwalk, it is close to Resorts/Margaritaville and only one long block from the boardwalk. It is not the most scenic area but I still felt safe walking to and from the hotel. Valet service is okay, it is located behind the hotel in a gated lot. The Valet also parked my Jetta with one wheel on top of the curb against a bush which I wasn't too happy about. I notified Valet, they didn't apologize, just moved my car. Only a minor incident, I rather park my car than Valet but you have no choice here. Rooms are very clean, door is a little heavy when opening but does not slam shut which is good. I did hear other guests from time to time but was not bothered when I was sleeping. Front Desk is very friendly and willing to help with any questions. I would recommend this hotel and would be back if the price was reasonable. It's a great alternative to Casino Hotels that charge an arm and a leg for outdated run down rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Ashley S
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City Beach Block, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi Ashley,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us. I apolagize about the valet incident, and will make sure to speak to our Valet department regarding this for training purposes.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Came here on Friday afternoon. Front desk staff was excellent. Put me in "the highest room possible" on the 9th of -7 floors. When I got to the room, despite their "no partying policy" clearly spelled in each guest room, mthere was a huge party going on. I went down to the front desk who promptly gave me another room – all of a sudden they found the 17th floor available. This room was fine.

I went out for the evening, and when I returned around 11 PM I parked my car in the lot. Once parked, I was approached by a person who said he was the valet, and demanded $10 from me to park my own car. When I told him he wasn't my valet he got a little hostile but understood. I went straight to the front desk and ask for the night manager. I was told not only was there not a night manager, but there was no day hotel manager either. When I told the employees at the front desk that the valet parked cars in both the fire lane as well as handicap parking, they all laughed and said that's not our problem that's the valets problem. But I explained to them, if God forbid there was a fire here, the fire marshal wouldn't be too happy if the valet had parked cars in the fire lane, as well as the handicapped spots- without permits. They just laughed, said it wasn't their problem- as the valet was contracted out to another company.

It's 11:16 PM, and quite frankly I fear for my car which is now parked in this lot and the valet knows which one it was. The front desk, whose mantra should be the customer is always right, put their head between your legs and really didn't care. Especially a gentleman named Robert. He gave me the worst "attitude".

He was cocky to the point of rudeness. I've stayed in a lot of Marriott branded hotels around the world, and this is by far the worst. The attitude of the evening staff of the hotel is unforgivable. The entire staff needs to be fired and replaced. I know this is one man's opinion, but if you look at my past reviews about Marriott they are 99% positive. While the day staff was so good, the night staff was just the opposite. Like I said, I fear now for my car, and I would never stay here again.

Look elsewhere if you're coming to Atlantic City. This Marriott, just doesn't care, or deserve our business.

By the way, I have 96,000+ trip advisor readers, so I must know something.

Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Sockster
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was attending a weekend event at Boardwalk Hall. I don't like casinos and instead chose to stay at Courtyard by Marriott. It's not real close to Boardwalk Hall, but the Jitney will take you right there for a couple of dollars during the day. The hotel is away from most of the activity on the boardwalk but I didn't find it too long of a walk. There is valet parking available, which I didn't use, and you can just drive down to the casinos if you choose. The hotel itself was very nice. It was clean and the employees were very nice and were helpful. My only criticism is that the quality of the sheets could be improved. They seemed a little rough to me, but maybe I'm just spoiled. One thing to note is that the doors and locks are quite heavy. When you run your key and push down the door handle you need to give it a "pop" at the bottom to get the door open. Not a problem at all, just something to be aware of. If you don't pop it, it seems like the door is locked.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick M
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City Beach Block, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard. I am very happy to hear about your stay. We appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness and the friendly staff. I'll be sure to speak to the Housekeeping Manager regarding the sheets and see if there is anything we can do to prevent it. As for the doors, I myself think they are a bit heavy. Fortunately, it's a safety feature.

Thank you again and please contact me if you need help with anything at all.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk and Resort casino. The neighborhood is on the questionable side. The breakfast was wonderful. Very attentive staff. Quiet and clean rooms. Bathtub replaced by extra large shower.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardY363
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City Beach Block, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hi Richard,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that your stay was greatly enjoyed and you loved our breakfast and staff. I cannot explain in words how glad it makes us to read such comments from TripAdvisor's top contributors!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We booked into this Courtyard by Marriott because we were attending a concert at the Borgata and did not have the budget for a stay in the resort. As long time Marriott Vacation Club owners and Rewards Club Members we had the option of booking the overnight with points or simply paying the very reasonable fee. This Courtyard is a step above most, and well appointed, comfortable rooms are equipped with well-stocked upscale bathroom facilities. The staff was friendly and helpful and our stay here was uneventful in the nicest possible way. Parking was reasonable and trouble-free.

We would recommend this Courtyard by Marriott as a conveniently located, well-appointed, budget-friendly alternative to the big resorts. Happy Travels!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view :-)
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City Beach Block, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Hi Cherelle,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Thank you very much for considering us a step above most. This means a lot to our staff! We couldn't be happier with your feed back, and only hope to make it even better the next time you chose to stay with us.